Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anti Social Behaviour

edited May 2012 in Not Sports Related
Just caught some idiots trying to steal our doorbell. Fortunately we have cctv and I was watching them. Threatened to call police unless they returned the doorbell. Gets my goat!!!

Comments

• Options
    Seriously? A door bell?
  • Options
    Should've wrung their necks!
  • Options
    Seriously? A door bell?
    Yep. One of many ongoing incidents though.
  • Options
    Jesus Johnny, where do you live?!
  • Options
    Get a huge dog, and time it's walks for when the scumbags turn up again
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    To my shame Medway. In the past we've had two fires (which required the fire service to put out), fences damaged in multiple places, stones thrown at windows, fruit thrown at doors etc.

• Options
    Get a huge dog, and time it's walks for when the scumbags turn up again
    Seriously I would but we have a 3 year old and I wouldn't want a dog which might put her at risk.

• Options
    To my shame Medway. In the past we've had two fires (which required the fire service to put out), fences damaged in multiple places, stones thrown at windows etc.

I worry about the state of our civilisation with people like that.

Makes me glad to live 6 floors up. Worst I get is noisy neighbours.
  • Options
    To my shame Medway. In the past we've had two fires (which required the fire service to put out), fences damaged in multiple places, stones thrown at windows etc.

I worry about the state of our civilisation with people like that.

Makes me glad to live 6 floors up. Worst I get is noisy neighbours.
    Lived in London (Thamesmead, Woolwich, Greenwich) most of my life and never had any trouble. Only moved out here because of mortgage etc.

• Options
    A sign of the chimes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To my shame Medway. In the past we've had two fires (which required the fire service to put out), fences damaged in multiple places, stones thrown at windows, fruit thrown at doors etc.

Blimey thats a lot for your council tax dollar ! Been exiled in Medway myself for 14 years, easiest thing to do is ring the council tomorrow and complain, they will look into your case and then cut your vandalism budget.
  • Options

Blimey thats a lot for your council tax dollar ! Been exiled in Medway myself for 14 years, easiest thing to do is ring the council tomorrow and complain, they will look into your case and then cut your vandalism budget.
    The budget was cut a long time ago. Have spoken to the council on the phone in the past and their advice is to call the police. For attempted theft of a door bell I think that is a waste of police resources. I've called the local PCSO and if they want the footage they can have it but I will not be reporting as a crime (with the subsequent police visit).

• Options
    Get yourself a shotgun and the next time they come over show it to them. That will encourage them to find someone else to bully.

Either that or they will call the Police and then they will be on the Police files and will be easier to find with your CCTV.
  • Options
    Sorry about the joke.

No police available but I bet if you went out and smacked one of these scumbags then plenty of them would be around pretty sharpish.
  • Options
    Sorry about the joke.

No police available but I bet if you went out and smacked one of these scumbags then plenty of them would be around pretty sharpish.
    I found it funny and clever.

• Options
    Similar happened to me the other morning, woke up was getting ready for work when I found this bloke was trying to nick my garden gate! Bloody cheek I thought, didn't want to say anything tho, in case he took offence.
  • Options
    Similar happened to me the other morning, woke up was getting ready for work when I found this bloke was trying to nick my garden gate! Bloody cheek I thought, didn't want to say anything tho, in case he took offence.
    LMFAO
  • Options
    Rule one, don't live in Medway.
  • Options
    Nearly got me on that one.
  • Options
    Rule one, don't live in Medway.
    Live where I can afford to live. Big house bigger garden trade off is the chav element. If I'd stayed where I grew up I would have been right in the middle of the london riots!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You could arrange to see the police at the station and hand over CCTV there.
    Handed over a lot of footage in the past. Will speak to local pcso tomorrow and see if he can pay them a visit. We know where they live. I doubt this incident would count as criminal damage or theft as they gave me the door bell back (under duress) and it works fine.
  • Options
    Did they leg it in their caravan ?
  • Options
    How old was they
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    It's everywhere unfortunately. Moved out to Netherne a couple of months ago - even up here there are gangs of feral teens romaing the streets at all hours of the day and night goading people into altercations, chucking things at cars, rowing in the street and nicking stuff. One of the little c***s stole a light worth three quid off my bike a few weeks back. I may as well have stayed in Croydon - at least there, abuse is aimed at you in Tamil and I couldn't understand it!
  • Options
    Sounds like you are putting up with a lot of crap Johnny, but fair play to you being able to see the humour in the well meaning comments on here, and for not berating the police. You sound like a decent cove to me. I hope karma delivers the good things you deserve.
  • Options
    Teens. Today was a gang of five.

On sat night the police were doing a door to door because some kids had damaged cars up the road. They were seen running away past our house. I've compared footage and it is the same gang. When the police get back to me I'll pass on the footage.

I feel like the old man out of 'dennis the menace'!!
  • Options
    Shame how much this can ruin people's lives. They need a good old fashioned beating.
  • Options
    The humour on here brings some needed light relief. I see it for what it is - kids being a pain in the arse. Doesn't mean I won't enjoy them getting caught eventually though.
  • Options
    I'm actually not joking though about how much it can affect people. I had a neighbour downstairs who would play loud music at ridiculous hours of the night (sometimes it would start at 4am and go on to 10am) when it was just me it would annoy me but when my girlfriend was round it would stress me out so much that it was affecting her.

Little things can really screw things up for you.