Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sushi

Comments

• Options
    Can anyone recommend a good sushi restaurant?
    Where?

• Options
    roka in charlotte street.
  • Options
    not a restaurant, but K10 in the city is the F#cking b#llox
  • Options
    Sushi means slices of raw fish, mixed with, laid over or wrapped in or around special sushi rice (rice with vinegar).

Sashimi is simply the raw fish, often sliced very thinly.

Wouldnt touch it personally,and would not recommend anyone to snort wasabi either.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    I like it. Moshi moshi is a great chain, and the one in Brighton is amazing. I think they do 50% off on Mondays if you're a member.

The pork tom kat su is out of this world. Miso soup is the best I've ever had.

Yo sushi is awful.
  • Options
    Like K10 too, good for a little takeaway lunch.

I know the lady that owns Moshi Moshi and have often eaten in the Liverpool Street one. Can recommend, like the setting and reasonable in comparison to others.

Have eaten in Soseki in the city too by the Gherkin, best I have ever tasted but no longer open.

Have never eaten in the famous ones like nobu.

If you have only ever eaten sushi from Marks or worst Tescos... well its nothing like that crap.

• Options
    Posh mans Rollmops, nothing wrong with raw fish
  • Options
    Love it but any sushi that arrives on a conveyor belt should be avoided.
  • Options
    wagamama's have just entered into the sushi market, heard it's pretty good too - it's rolling out in the city first before they roll it out across all there restaurants
  • Options
    Have they have they? Oooo interesting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    wagamama's have just entered into the sushi market, heard it's pretty good too - it's rolling out in the city first before they roll it out across all there restaurants
    Wish they'd roll out their restaurants to Bromley. Love Wagamama's

• Options
    sticks n sushi in wimbledon is new and amazing.

anyone over that way must go. booked it for my bosses anniversary the other week and they loved it (phew!) that restaurant is also dedicated to my old boss at wagamama who helped bring Sticks n Sushi to England from Denmark
    (@hughzhackenbush may know it?) there is a tribute to him (he died in September).
    Sticks n Sushi Website

• Options
    I'm eating some right now for my lunch. Very tasty!!
  • Options
    I'm eating some right now for my lunch. Very tasty!!
    Sounds fishy to me!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    The eating area on the first floor of Wholefoods on Kensington High Street (the old Barkers building) has a good sushi and sashimi restaurant. Strongly recommend the eel. Oishii.
  • Options
    sticks n sushi in wimbledon is new and amazing.

anyone over that way must go. booked it for my bosses anniversary the other week and they loved it (phew!) that restaurant is also dedicated to my old boss at wagamama who helped bring Sticks n Sushi to England from Denmark
    (@hughzhackenbush may know it?) there is a tribute to him (he died in September).
    Sticks n Sushi Website

I'm ashamed to say I don't, Suzi, and that's a bit embarrassing since I spend a lot of time in Lyngby. It probably says something about my relationship to sushi. I know where Wagamamas is, though.

I'm going to Lyngby on Wednesday, I'll look out for it - can't guarantee I'll taste it though
  • Options
    Nobu is great ...but very expensive
  • Options
    Can anyone recommend a good sushi restaurant?
    Zuma and Nobu are really amazing restaurants... but they are the top end of cost. A very special treat. Roka on Charlotte Street has already been mentioned and that is also very good but cheaper than the aforementioned two. Saying that you won't get too much change from £75 for a meal for two.

Wasabi and Itsu are very standard fast food joints. And don't even bother with Pret, M&S or supermarket ones. Just not fresh enough.

I have had the pleasure of eating at sushi bars around the Tokyo fish market at 6 in the morning. That is the definition of fresh and tasty.

Oh, if you haven't guessed, I love the sushi/Japanese food.
  • Options
    sushi is lovely. doesnt taste salty like you would imagine raw fish to taste like.

• Options
    love, love, love it - Vancouver has the best sushi outside of Japan & it's generally cheap & good quality

also really like the Izakaya joints that are popping up all over the place over here - Japanese tapas bars essentially
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    love, love, love it - Vancouver has the best sushi outside of Japan & it's generally cheap & good quality

also really like the Izakaya joints that are popping up all over the place over here - Japanese tapas bars essentially
    There's a few here in Hong Kong that have an amazing single malt collection and are open til 5 in the morning. Love that shiz.

I know the lady that owns Moshi Moshi and have often eaten in the Liverpool Street one. Can recommend, like the setting and reasonable in comparison to others.

You always have good taste when it comes to food.

By the way, is she rich?
  • Options
    The eating area on the first floor of Wholefoods on Kensington High Street (the old Barkers building) has a good sushi and sashimi restaurant. Strongly recommend the eel. Oishii.
    I was there today!

• Options
    Yuk hate the stuff, just don't get it at all!
  • Options
    edited May 2012

There's a few here in Hong Kong that have an amazing single malt collection and are open til 5 in the morning. Love that shiz.

You always have good taste when it comes to food.

By the way, is she rich?
    I dont know about that but she's a really nice woman.

Highly recommend to any of you City Bods that like sushi.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    I was there today!

Did you partake Chief? I love sushi but I find it a struggle to get past the organic pasty wagon there.......literally and metaphorically.

• Options
    got to be in the mood ...find it filling and wasabi helps
  • Options
    I was there today!

Did you partake Chief? I love sushi but I find it a struggle to get past the organic pasty wagon there.......literally and metaphorically.

Indeed I did, it was on work so I loaded up!
  • Options
    got to be in the mood ...find it filling and wasabi helps
    we were eating at the local sushi place last week, it's a self serve place & after finishing my 7yo daughter went off to find some green tea ice cream - of course she came back with a scoop of Wasabi - luckily i was there to intercept!!!
  • Options
    Love most of it.
  • Options
    I used to say it looked like fish bait but since then have eaten it a few times and really like it.