Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BRITAINS GOT TALENT

Comments

• Options
    This is a show up what a crap show
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    i thought it was quality. liked sam kelly and the two opera singers should have won.

the dog was good but not that good.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    This is a show up what a crap show
    I agree, anyone who watches it needs a lobotomy - whats your excuse?

• Options
    watched it with your mum
  • Options
    Britain's gone to the dogs :-(
  • Options
    Watching it is one thing, but taking part in the phone vote is another level!
  • Options
    A dog just about sums up the show's contribution to society. Remember when we used to laugh at foreigners in clip shows getting excited about crap like that?
  • Options
    Didn't watch it and I never will. An example of the intellectual decline of society. Having said that I'm sure the dog will handle the fame better than any human contestant.
  • Options
    What a bunch of miserable bastards.

Loved Pudsey there is so much doom and gloom at the moment, it is in my world anyway, that something light hearted like this should just be appreciated for what it is. Just a bit of bloody fun. I thought it was hilarious and was smiling the whole way through his little performance.

It was a great finale. Loved quite a few of the other acts.
  • Options
    When I was a kid we used to watch Larry Grayson getting families to try and make clay pots and dance in clogs on the Generation Game on a Saturday evening... in the 90s it was Noel Edmonds and that stupid house party... and these days it's dancing dogs. Saturday night TV has always been intellectually low brow as it's designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator, as well as across all generations so all the family can watch together. Rubbish it may all be, but representing a decline in society, I don't think so! The general public have always been thick...

The one thing that even the biggest cynics have to surely admit is that as a bit of spectacle and TV production the way Britain's Got Talent and X-Factor are put together is pitch-perfect... even if the singing is not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A dog just about sums up the show's contribution to society. Remember when we used to laugh at foreigners in clip shows getting excited about crap like that?
    And by the way, while we're voting for dancing dogs, in the Ukraine (or somewhere) the winner of their "Got Talent" show was an act where the bloke could stop his heart by thinking about it, while attached to a cardiograph. They still out-weird us...!
  • Options
    True, but if you get can £500,000 for training a dog, and fools want to vote it, then i can see pet shops doing a roaring trade this week.

• Options
  • Options
    He will be the highlight of village Fete's for years to come
  • Options
    Dancing dogs on Britains got talent . they'll be having singers on it next!
  • Options
    True, but if you get can £500,000 for training a dog, and fools want to vote it, then i can see pet shops doing a roaring trade this week.

I know that you are being light hearted, but one of the reasons I think the "show" is actually damaging is that. There really will be people who will do just that, and in two months when Pudsey 2 is not Houdini on four legs, and is eating them out of house and home, he will be roaming the streets of a town five miles away, or at the bottom of the canal in a bag of bricks.
  • Options
    Absolute load of total and utter tripe. I saw one episode this year and couldn't watch anymore. I've seen dancing dogs years previous and thought it was the biggest waste of time I've ever seen. It'll take some doing to convince me this one was any different!
    In fact the whole programme makes a mockery of people in this country with real talent who are trying to make their way.
    (I mean a total fool with a saucepan on his head pretending he's a dalek? Nuff said...)
  • Options
    Before another thread is started,
    Does anyone know how old Ashleigh is?
    Yes, definitely.
  • Options
    Absolute load of total and utter tripe. I saw one episode this year and couldn't watch anymore. I've seen dancing dogs years previous and thought it was the biggest waste of time I've ever seen. It'll take some doing to convince me this one was any different!
    In fact the whole programme makes a mockery of people in this country with real talent who are trying to make their way.
    (I mean a total fool with a saucepan on his head pretending he's a dalek? Nuff said...)
    You obviously missed the Loveable Rogues then Olly.

Im sure you would turn down that kind of publicity, feeling as strongly as you do about it but they didnt and i think most predict they are going to be pretty big. They even wrote their own songs too and everything...

• Options
    Didn't watch it and I never will. An example of the intellectual decline of society. Having said that I'm sure the dog will handle the fame better than any human contestant.
    Your loss, Johnny. I found Margaret from Cleethorpes' discussion of Descartes' 'Dreaming argument' stimulating and challenging.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2012
    agree with curb_it. loveable rogues write their own stuff and are good at it. Even the annoyingly sickly irish kid wrote his own stuff.

the semi finals filtered out the crap and the finalists were all good.
  • Options
    agree with curb_it. loveable rogues write their own stuff and are good at it. Even the annoyingly sickly irish kid wrote his own stuff.

the semi finals filtered out the crap and the finalists were all good.
    This, there was some talented singer song writers in the final that will go on and make a living now they have been on the show.
  • Options
    I loved that Irish kids song, true love song that... beautiful. :-) Didnt think he would win it tho.

Cant believe the opera singers were only 16 and 17... amazing talent.
  • Options
    i just found him too much. like his audition was set-up, how he couldnt say the girls name who he fancied etc. just wanted him to man up a bit lol.

he is obviously a very talented young kid though.
  • Options
    It is Opportunity Knocks/New Faces updated for the 21st Century so I can't see how it marks an intellectual decline. Remember in the 60s and 70s we had the Black and White Minstrels show among a host of other terrible variety shows so lets no pretend that everything was so much better before.

I haven't got a problem with variety or talent shows but I do dislike the control that Cowell et al seem to have over the music charts but there has always been "popular" and "outsider" music. Ever so often an act or a genre moves from the latter to the former. Blues and Rock and Roll are two obvious examples.

What I really disliked about these show was the exploitation of the "freaks" ie the people who couldn't sing or weren't funny but were still put on TV to give the public a laugh at their expense.

Thankfully it seem that there were a lot fewer "freaks" this year and the final, which I did watch, had some real talent.

The Lovable Rouges were a good group from Sidcup and the others could sing. A few acts wrote their own songs and it wasn't the obvious song choices and sob-filled back stories of the X Factor Yes, a Dog Act one it but it's a variety show.

• Options
    hadn't watched any of it apart from being 'made' to watch the final.

clearly some talent in there but the best dog won.

Pudsey is probably up there with Presley, Sinatra, Monroe & Barrymore in terms of icons of the last 100yrs.
  • Options
    i just found him too much. like his audition was set-up, how he couldnt say the girls name who he fancied etc. just wanted him to man up a bit lol.

I do agree a bit because when we subsequently found out he was an actor after all, it felt very contrived (no surprise). But anyway fair play to him he got in the finale.

I agree with what you say Ben but just wish people would lighten up a little more and enjoy it for what it is.

The Rogues are from the Cup????

• Options

I do agree a bit because when we subsequently found out he was an actor after all, it felt very contrived (no surprise). But anyway fair play to him he got in the finale.

I agree with what you say Ben but just wish people would lighten up a little more and enjoy it for what it is.

The Rogues are from the Cup????

Wife's best friend's daughter knows the brother of one of them. She says he's from Sidcup. I refuse to say "the Cup" : - )

• Options
    I was disspointed with it tbh. I must have mis-heard the advert for the programme as I was looking forward to seeing a dogging act.