Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BRITAINS GOT TALENT

13»

Comments

• Options
    Absolute load of total and utter tripe. I saw one episode this year and couldn't watch anymore. I've seen dancing dogs years previous and thought it was the biggest waste of time I've ever seen. It'll take some doing to convince me this one was any different!
    In fact the whole programme makes a mockery of people in this country with real talent who are trying to make their way.
    (I mean a total fool with a saucepan on his head pretending he's a dalek? Nuff said...)
    You obviously missed the Loveable Rogues then Olly.

Im sure you would turn down that kind of publicity, feeling as strongly as you do about it but they didnt and i think most predict they are going to be pretty big. They even wrote their own songs too and everything...

I did see Loveable Rogues and it's fair to say, yes they are good. (Although jumping on the Ed Sheeran bandwagon massively.)
    Wouldn't consider going down that route myself. Being so young they may well find themselves 'Selling Out', not being able to hone their own writing talents and being left on the scrap pile in a couple of years, we shall see. But good luck to them.
    They deserved to win the programme based on their raw talent. The fact is a bloody dog won it. Which proves that it's a load of old tripe

• Options
    Opportunity Knocks gave a TV break to performers who had done their time in the clubs and seaside theatres, but had not had a crack at the big time. Not some kid who can carry a tune in his bedroom in front of a webcam. It also didn't have "mentors", self publicising judges, blanket coverage in tedious tabloids and magazines, a tear jerking "back story" for every contestant and a prime time Saturday night slot. Although in fairness, New Faces did have a couple of those...
  • Options
    I know somebody who is a very good singer who applied for the X Factor. I asked her what the panel said about her and she said she didn't get through to the panel. I asked her in amazement how that could be when some of the acts that got through to the panel were truly awful and she was genuinely excellent. She said that to get to be seen by the panel you have to be really good, have a story of interest or be truly bad and lots of really good singers are just rejected. I assumed the panel saw everybody before I heard this, but what she told me confirmed that the show exploits people. That's what Simon Cowell does and I wouldn't be surprised if the reason they show less of the bad acts is because they have been warned not too - I mean a lot of the acts his shows enjoyed and to a lesser extent now enjoy taking the mick out of, clearly had some mental health issues!!!
  • Options
    to all those who are moaning about the fact a dog won, just look at this and think again

• Options
    to all those who are moaning about the fact a dog won, just look at this and think again

Doggy Style
  • Options
    pmsl
  • Options
    Opportunity Knocks gave a TV break to performers who had done their time in the clubs and seaside theatres, but had not had a crack at the big time. Not some kid who can carry a tune in his bedroom in front of a webcam. It also didn't have "mentors", self publicising judges, blanket coverage in tedious tabloids and magazines, a tear jerking "back story" for every contestant and a prime time Saturday night slot. Although in fairness, New Faces did have a couple of those...
    As I said BGT/the voice/etc are an updated version for the Hello/Tabloid generation. I dislike all the sob filled back stories but people seem to love all that. Opportunity Knocks and New Faces were still crap though and most of the act rubbish.

I'd be much happier with a straight talent show but as Paul Weller say the public wants what the public gets

• Options
    Didn't watch it and I never will. An example of the intellectual decline of society. Having said that I'm sure the dog will handle the fame better than any human contestant.
    Your loss, Johnny. I found Margaret from Cleethorpes' discussion of Descartes' 'Dreaming argument' stimulating and challenging.
    Agreed. I was unaware for one that it were even possible to sculpt a scale version of Rodin's 'The Thinker' out of cheddar in the time allowed.

• Options
    As I said BGT/the voice/etc are an updated version for the Hello/Tabloid generation. I dislike all the sob filled back stories but people seem to love all that. Opportunity Knocks and New Faces were still crap though and most of the act rubbish.

I'd be much happier with a straight talent show but as Paul Weller say the public wants what the public gets

That is true. So it is up to the more intelligent among us to point the knuckle draggers in the right direction... ;-)

• Options
    Didn't watch it and I never will. An example of the intellectual decline of society. Having said that I'm sure the dog will handle the fame better than any human contestant.
    Your loss, Johnny. I found Margaret from Cleethorpes' discussion of Descartes' 'Dreaming argument' stimulating and challenging.
    Agreed. I was unaware for one that it were even possible to sculpt a scale version of Rodin's 'The Thinker' out of cheddar in the time allowed.

I have to say the mime version of À la recherche du temps perdu went over my head

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tbh I can't work out how the dog won it either. I mean ok, it's a bit quaint for 30 seconds but by then you've seen the lot. If it could make your dinner and sort your laundry, well, then I could understand it.

The 2 opera singing kids were fantastic though...seriously world class. I expect them to have very successful careers ahead of them, particularly the fat lad.
  • Options
    ...I expect them to have very successful careers ahead of them, particularly the fat lad.
    ...you don't write theatre reviews for a living do you? Did make me chuckle.
  • Options
    Would have been funny had the opera singer accidentaly sat on the dog before the votes were announced!!
  • Options
    lol.
  • Options
    Absolute load of total and utter tripe. I saw one episode this year and couldn't watch anymore. I've seen dancing dogs years previous and thought it was the biggest waste of time I've ever seen. It'll take some doing to convince me this one was any different!
    In fact the whole programme makes a mockery of people in this country with real talent who are trying to make their way.
    (I mean a total fool with a saucepan on his head pretending he's a dalek? Nuff said...)
    You obviously missed the Loveable Rogues then Olly.

Im sure you would turn down that kind of publicity, feeling as strongly as you do about it but they didnt and i think most predict they are going to be pretty big. They even wrote their own songs too and everything...

I did see Loveable Rogues and it's fair to say, yes they are good. (Although jumping on the Ed Sheeran bandwagon massively.)
    Wouldn't consider going down that route myself. Being so young they may well find themselves 'Selling Out', not being able to hone their own writing talents and being left on the scrap pile in a couple of years, we shall see. But good luck to them.
    They deserved to win the programme based on their raw talent. The fact is a bloody dog won it. Which proves that it's a load of old tripe

You may not want to sell out and go down that route but did you know that after listening to Plans on you tube the linked video is Susan Boyle's first audition on Britains Got Talent?

Classic.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    The Loveable Rogues were invited to audition - not as if they thought, why dont we try BGT. The BGT management approached them - probably to give the show more 'cred' as I believe they say in the Biz.
  • Options
    and why does that matter exactly?
  • Options

lol.

Not only do I feel justifiably corrected but taking your observations on board I have decided to enter next year. I'm going to perform a contemporary version of MacBeth covered in Marmite. You're either going to love or hate it!
  • Options
    and why does that matter exactly?
    Just saying the Van Susans might not consider going on something like that, but they might if they were approached rather than decided to go and queue for 5 hours and audition.

Hope that makes sense.