Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pardew named manager of the season

2»

Comments

• Options
    I think pardew is a decent manager and has done well this season. However he is morally dubious and I can't pass on my congratulations.
  • Options
    I can't help it. Everytime I see his smug face and hear his grating voice on TV I just have to call him a c**t under my breath.
    I am not alone then.........

• Options
    On the plus side at least it didn't go to the winner as usual. That's all I can find on the plus side....

Should have looked at a manager at a much smaller club who has over
    achieved with far less resources. I really like Martinez and Lambert has done a great job too but it was never going to happen that they'd gor for anyone quite so unfashionable.
  • Options
    As I said on Twitter yesterday, his manager of the year 2012 award can sit snugly in between his 2007 and 2008 #### of the year awards.
  • Options
    Don't worry- they will get relegated next season
  • Options
    I can't help it. Everytime I see his smug face and hear his grating voice on TV I just have to call him a c**t under my breath.

This, except for me it's big nosed c........

• Options
    Amazing season. There's at least 5 top class players that have gone in there on reasonable fees that had been doing well at top league teams in Europe, that other Premiership teams failed to take a chance on. There's also a number of players that have upped their game under his watch - Coluccini and Kruhl spring immediately to mind. And, he's moved on big wage/big ego players, can't argue with the achievement. It is odd what English football has become when most agree that finishing between fourth and sixth with an enormous club like Newcastle is seen as an unbelievable feat, though.
  • Options
    I think a lot of the credit for Newcastle's success must be given to the chief scout Graham Carr.He has done a fantastic job scouting the current crop like Cisse.All brought in for less than they received for Andy Carroll.I can't bring myself to give any credit to that big nosed arrogant tosser Pardew.
  • Options
    Amidst much tooth gnashing, I have to admit that he does deserve it. I'm sure that in time Pardew will find his true place in the world, but as they haven't dug it yet, I'll have to sit and wait...........................
    Along with thacther !

• Options
    Heard him on the radio saying not only had he had a good year but also said it had been a good season all round as Reading and Charlton up so he won back a bit of respect for that.
    Still wince every time I see his name and England manager in the same sentance though.
    'Ouch!'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I dare someone to raid the offices at Newcastle and vandalise his stupid trophy etching a list of the crap players he signed for us.
  • Options
    Reading - Champions, West Ham - Play Off Final, Charlton - Champions, Southampton - Promoted, Newcastle - best PL season in 7 years. Maybe Pardew builds clubs better than we realised : P
  • Options
    I find it a bit sad for English football that everyone constantly bangs on about the wonder-scouting at Newcastle. Ba, Tiote, Cisse and Cabaye were doing well at top league clubs in France and Germany. Ben Arfa and Santon were prodigies that had lost their way. It's not like they were snapped up out of the Afgan youth league second division. I think having competent scouting is clearly a way that a club can excel in this country, it's something that we should be concentrating on. A couple of players that have come in from British lower league teams - Best and Perch - have exceeded my expectations, but are still a bit shit really: in the kingdom of the blind, the one eyed man is king.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    In my eyes Alan Pardew simply doesn't exist at all.
  • Options
    In my eyes Alan Pardew simply doesn't exist at all.
    Who?
  • Options
    Exactly.
  • Options
    In fairness he has earned it.

...... But it grates like hell to admit that.
  • Options
    In fairness he has earned it.

......what, for coming 5th !!! His team haven't won a trophy neither.

On that basis, I hope the league one MOTS goes to the MK Dons boss !!

• Options
    If we didnt achieve what we did this season I would have more of a problem with it.

Does he deserve it now? No CL football super al' ... Cisse is off !!
  • Options
    Do people forget Pardew had a 30m transfer budget? I'd go for Brendan Rodgers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Firstly I hate Pardew with a passion. I can however see how he won his award.The strangest award this year was in the SPL,Celtic manager won it despite an appalling disciplinary record.Also the SPL is a two horse race and the other horse had two of its legs cut off so basically any armchair manager could have won the league.The smaller club mangers who do wonders to try to compete on shoestring budgets must wonder what they have to do to be in the reckoning.
  • Options
    surely it should have been Dalgleish. With a massive transfer fund and a new 35m striker he has managed to turn a once proud Club into a laughing stock but despite this led them to a creditable top ten finish. Add in the fact that he could whinge for Scotland, and frequently does, I'm amazed he didn't get it.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited May 2012
  • Options
    Manager of the season awards should go to managers of successful teams, especially when they have less money than the teams around them, and nobody expected it. Nobody expected Newcastle to finish 5th, therefore Pardew deserves it. His achievement is far greater than the teams above them, as they would all have been expected to finish where they did. This season he's had the complete midas touch in the transfer marker, in 2007/08 he had the manure touch...how much that is due to him or Carr is irrelevant, the buck stops at the top.

Powell similarly over achieved and deserved his award. With the budget he had, a play off place would have been par. To win the title with 101 points was exceptional. Probably the only competitor would have been Westley, if he stayed at Stevenage and got them to 6th, as their budget is a fraction of the teams above them.