Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CL Game at the Valley

Comments

• Options
    i'd love to do this. I was going to post the suggestion myself!!!
  • Options
    Would love to play this :D
  • Options
    So it's 1200 quid for the match. That's 55 quid each. Not bad!!!
  • Options
    I'd think seriously about flying over to do this.
  • Options
    The last time it was done was blinding.... I had the flu but still dominated ;) the left channel... Resulting in a 1-0 win .... Amazing ....
  • Options
    Id definitely be up for it, im a lefty so wing, left back or in the hole would suit me fine! The only problem is knowing people, maybe a get together at a local goals centre beforehand would help?
  • Options
    I'll film it !
  • Options
    Mog, you are now eligible for the over 50's team:-)
  • Options
    had trails for welling once upon a time... ;o)
  • Options
    If we're ever to do a vets match (as I'm sure there's plenty on coffin dodgers on here) then it should be for age 40+. At 45 with a bad back, there's absolutely no way I'd keep up with a load of young whipper-snappers...................
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cheapest slot this year was £1500 + VAT
  • Options
    Shame theres not something like what 02 do at emirates, free entry, just need enough likes on facebook

Me and a few mates are playing there on Wednesday! 5 a side competition have had 2 kickabouts in the last three years (both this week). Going to be so embarrassing cant wait!
  • Options
    Would have loved to have participated in this ..... 20 years ago, the thought of it now leaves me out of breath.
  • Options
    Next summer we as a group should do this. Wouldn't want to organise alone though.
  • Options
    Cheapest slot this year was £1500 + VAT
    What if we pay cash ?
    ;-)

• Options
    What if we write to the club early and offer our services for seat cleaning in exchange for a 90 min slot?
  • Options
    id be up for it....
  • Options
    I'd deffo be up for it - despite being what the papers would euphemistically call 'diminutive', I'm not a bad keeper so if nobody else fancies it I'd be happy to help out. Almost had a trial at Dulwich Hamlet a few years back. Going well til they found out I was a) 5'6" tall and b) nearer 40 than 20. Turned out that the old boy who saw me play in a friendly there and was 'good mates with the boys upstairs' was also an inveterate bullsh*tt*r.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The last time was quality , check out the pictures section if you wasn't around at the time . Think I will have to move into a managerial role now though .
  • Options
    For all you ageing wannabees ...... it's a big old pitch, especially if you haven't played for a long while.

Echo what GHE and others have said, absolutely blinding day - and a lifetime ambition to play at The Valley achieved, even if I was the oldest player!!

Seriously, the amount of work that goes into getting everything organised, costs and funding - is not to be underestimated. Just ask AFKA and others ......
  • Options
    I'd be up for it
  • Options
    No chance for me.

I get out of breath running a bath.
  • Options
    i'd be happy to waiver my match fee and play
  • Options
    Not on SCP's radar this season, Dan .....?

;o)

• Options
    I'd be up for it. Will be 45 by then but still playing 7 a side every week so should be able to lumber around for a while. Will there be a hot dog stand?
  • Options
    Id love to play
  • Options
    Not on SCP's radar this season, Dan .....?

;o)

Every team in football is on the look out for world class centre midfielders but i'm very much concentrating on the coaching side of things now, sprinkling some magic on the training field. My kids side won the SELKENT under 12 shield final yesterday, so even if Chris did try and tempt me, i'd have to say no and stay loyal to the boys. I feel this is the first of many trophy laden seasons to come.
  • Options
    Congrats to your lads on winning their final, Dan.

Loyalty can be a rare thing in football, so I'm sure SCP will fully understand your position.