Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CL Game at the Valley

13»

Comments

• Options
    would love to play.

still playing Vets football and 5 a side.

still consider myself the greatest player not to have been signed by a professional club.
  • Options
    I'm a poor right back with no pace left and a dodgy knee. I'd love to play.
  • Options
    Congrats to your lads on winning their final, Dan.

Loyalty can be a rare thing in football, so I'm sure SCP will fully understand your position.
    Thanks Oggy. It was quite strange really as our team, Footscray Lions Yellow beat Junior Reds Knights. Never thought i'd be managing a side where our supporters were screaming for the Lions againsta team with a Charlton badge on. Still, both me and my co manager are Charlton through and through and i've got 3 of the team signed up as season ticket holders at the valley next year. (2 of which are first time season ticket holders). There's far more Charlton fans at the club than any other even though it was founded by Millwall fans many years ago. I will have at least half of the team signed up for season tickets by the end of next season. Theirs a few Man Utd and Liverpool fans who are just ripe for converting.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    You just need to rename your team Footscray Addicks, Dan.
    And play in red. There you are, sorted.

And good work on spreading the gospel and getting your converts confirmed.
  • Options
    Ill help organise it with the leaders on here, love a bit of organising me, gives me something to do in my working day.

Really enjoyed the last one, 22 grand we raised wasnt it? Mind you i dont think that would happen again... i mean imagine sponsoring someone to fulfill their dream of playing at the Valley. Wasnt exactly a hardship... tho there were some states puffing about.
  • Options
    I'd be well up for it... got a little taste yesterday played 10 mins at the end of a game for my mate's team who had hired it out. I have nothing to do with them but turned up to get my chance on the hallowed turf. Was superb. Would love to play there again for a whole game.
  • Options
    The last CL game at The Valley was the biggest crowd I'd played in front of.

And also the largest number of empty seats.
  • Options
    Ill help organise it with the leaders on here, love a bit of organising me, gives me something to do in my working day.

Really enjoyed the last one, 22 grand we raised wasnt it? Mind you i dont think that would happen again... i mean imagine sponsoring someone to fulfill their dream of playing at the Valley. Wasnt exactly a hardship... tho there were some states puffing about.

Well done Curb-It, thought you'd have enough with chasing people for shirt sponsorship money : - )
  • Options
    I would love to play too....CB for me!

• Options
    Yeah count me in, I have unfinished business with the goal in front of the jimmy seed.

I'll tell you one thing though, if you do play you won't ever dig any players out again for not running