Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League One Team of the Year-Chosen by Football League 'Experts'

'Experts' being Manish Bhasin, Steve Claridge, Mark Clemmit and Leroy Rosenior.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/league1/news/20120525/league-1-team-of-the-season_2293324_2787747

Comments

• Options
    Shit show, shit team:

Goalkeeper - Ben Hamer - Charlton Athletic
    Right Back - Matt Lowton - Sheffield United
    Left Back - Scott Laird - Stevenage
    Centre Back - Harry Maguire - Sheffield United
    Centre Back - Matthew Morrison - Charlton Athletic
    Right Wing - Gavin Williams - Yeovil Town
    Left Wing - Gary Roberts - Huddersfield Town
    Central Midfield - Johnnie Jackson - Charlton Athletic
    Central Midfield - Stephen Gleeson - Milton Keynes Dons
    Striker - Jordan Rhodes - Huddersfield Town
    Striker - Gary Madine - Sheffield Wednesday
  • Options
    wow still no solly
  • Options
    I'm shocked that Wiggins got overlooked!
  • Options
    Pleased for Matthew Morrison
  • Options
    also they have named michael morrisson as MATTHEW MORRISON
  • Options
    At least they managed to omit any convicted rapists.
  • Options
    How did Madine get in there? 5th highest goalscorer (4th if you discount Evans) and he still gets in, WTF?
  • Options
    I'd have picked a front two of Rhodes and Kermorgant. You'd be unstoppable.
  • Options
    also they have named michael morrisson as MATTHEW MORRISON
    They couldn't fit Taylor and Morrison in so they just blended them together. ; )
  • Options
    Jackson in centre midfield???
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Glad the guy from GLEE is in the League One Team of the Season - Very well deserved!

On a serious note... Gary Madine?
  • Options
    i think the less exposed solly is to the public then the more chance we have of keeping hold of him so I for one am glad he has not made any of the teams of the year.
  • Options
    http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/sheffield-wednesday-star-on-assault-charge-1-4527395
    I guess they picked Madine for his all round play...

It's fascinating that the likes of Solly get overlooked, yet Hamer has been a regular in such teams of the season.
  • Options
    Wiggins and Solly are serious omissions - totally undermines their credibility.
  • Options
    To be honest how would they have a clue? Judging our players on a 10 second clip each week!
  • Options
    Exactly
  • Options
    would have been a toss up between Solly and Lowton, I wouldn't swap Solly for anyone but I was extremely
    impressed with Lowton at the Valley. Gleeson is supposed to be on our radar so good news there.
  • Options
    I'd swap him for Messi.
  • Options
    Hey, they're experts.... what do they know ! No Solly, Wiggins or Kermorgant, at a loss to know how they were overlooked.
  • Options
    To be honest how would they have a clue? Judging our players on a 10 second clip each week!
    To be fair, our knowledge of the other teams in the division is also pretty limited, I've no idea how well somebody like Matt Lowton played throughout the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We know we got 101 points though and we did watch those players against us.
  • Options
    Do we really care, we knowm the great Div 3 team and players that we have
  • Options
    As soon as Claridges name is mentioned,any thing he is involved in has little credibility in my book.
  • Options
    Won't even shop there! ;-)
  • Options
    As usual people in the media think Jackson is our best player. Doesn't even play central midfield for us...

Don't know much about full backs at other clubs, but having seen so many play for us in the last few years it's clear Solly and Wiggins (along with Yann) are our best players and should do well in the Championship.

As for the strikers I'm not surprised, they're usually two of the top 4/5 goalscorers.
  • Options
    As soon as Claridges name is mentioned,any thing he is involved in has little credibility in my book.
    totally agree
  • Options
    Manish has just tweeted-

My 11 was: Hamer; Solly, Maguire, Reda Johnson, Scott Laird, Sam Saunders, Gary Roberts, Stephen Gleeson, Stephen Quinn, Rhodes & C Evans
  • Options
    Claridge replied to my tweet, he pretty much said its hard because they don't watch individual often enough.

Fair enough, no point in taking this seriously then?
  • Options
    why would anyone take it seriously anyway? It's just a few blokes opinions
  • Options
    Don't think it's anything personal against us just no-one has seen what we have week in and week out. Hopefully teams will do the same and underestimate us next season.