Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best way to win promotion..

2»

Comments

• Options
    It is hard to compare winning the Championship with the play off. Firstly, when we have done it, we have known the outcome before the final home match where as you get the tension in the play off. So you enjoy a more relaxed celebration throughout. In the play off final, whilst there were bits where you felt massive euphoria, there were unenjoyable bits too.

The highs and lows of the play offs provided a more memorable experience but I enjoyed the final home game this season from the first minute to the last. Now we know who is going up - I would rather go up as the best team in the league. Not just about the best team, but the best team by a record breaking country mile. It doesn't guarantee us anything at all next season, but it does put us on a much higher starting point. I wouldn't change any of it.

• Options
    The best way to win promotion is to go to Carlisle
  • Options
    I was at Carlisle and although it was a great day, celebrating at the final whistle or end of a penalty shootout at Wembley would have been much better.

I will probably get stick for saying it but I thought the Carlisle celebrations were a bit muted considering nobody knew for sure that we had gone up, but just assumed it.

Plus we only had 1000 fans who bothered to turn up for it. Sad but true.
  • Options
    The Play-off final was perhaps the most euphoric moment of my life, and may well never be topped... helped in no small part, I'm sure, by the fact it was an ever so slightly better game than Hudds/Sheffield.

Being able to relax for weeks and really savour everything this season was incredible in it's own way though. The pride and happiness I felt at the last two home games was somehow made even more sweet given the years that had gone before.

Both FANTASTIC ways to go up. I honestly couldn't give a monkeys which was better, since I've been fortunate to experience them both!
  • Options
    Wembley 1998 was way too stressful , sure it was euphoric , but this season has been week after week of pleasure (omitting our 5 defeats of course) we have ruled the roost in this division by a country mile.
  • Options
    Only Charlton supporters could win the league with 101 points and still find a way to moan about it.
  • Options
    I would rather have been Huddersfield. 2 years unbeaten and a victory at Wembley.
  • Options
    Only Charlton supporters could win the league with 101 points and still find a way to moan about it.
    Player not moaning about, we are just discussing what we prefer lol
  • Options
    If we'd been in that playoff final we'd have been moaning about what a sh*t game it was and how we need to clear out half the team if we want to avoid relegation next season. I'll take champions thanks.