Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Get well soon Jessie

Comments

• Options
    Wishing the very best from Forest Hill
  • Options
    Very sorry to hear/ read this. Wishing Jessie, Stu and family all the best.
  • Options
    Get well soon Jessie, I hope you make a full recovery.
  • Options
    All the very best wishes to you and your family.
  • Options
    Wishing you a speedy recovery Jessie.
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind words, they really do help.

I'm not gonna lie, the last few days have been a nightmare, especially with being so far away, which means my Dad and Sister not only have to hear everything from the doctors but then have to go through it all again to relay the information to me.

Sitting for 5 hours waiting to find out if the surgery had been a success was the longest 5 hours I've ever had to endure, my friends and girlfriend did everything they could to keep my mind busy and that was a great help, for anyone who finds themselves in a similar position, don't give in to tempation and start googling what could happen, that was by far the worst thing I did, reading about many people who don't make it. Thank god for everyone is my family, my mums a fighter and made it through.

She is showing great signs of improvement I'm told she should be moved off the intensive care ward shortly, which is fantastic news.

As for me, I'm very fortunate that my boss asked no questions and has just given me as much time as I need to go back to the UK, as well as the money I needed to pay for a flight, something they certainly didn't have to do.

Once again, thanks for the kind words.
    Stu, when Mrs McMoist had a stroke they got her doing crossword puzzles and Suduko puzzles and that helped with her recovery. I know it's early days but it's something to think about as she progresses. Take care, mate.
  • Options
    You don't know me but through your china thread I feel I know you and yours a little. Hope everything works out. All the best.
  • Options
    I hope she continues to recover ,all the best .
  • Options
    Stu, my Mum took ill when I was younger and she was in King's College and everyone there was fantastic so I'm sure she is receiving very good care. All the best to you and your family.
  • Options
    Get well soon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thoughts are with you Stu, hope she makes a full recovery.
    x
  • Options
    Thoughts and prayers are with your mum and family Stu.
  • Options
    Get well soon.
  • Options
    Get well soon, Jessie.

• Options
    Best wishes Jessie, get well soon!
  • Options
    Get well soon.
  • Options
    all the best
  • Options
    I don't believe I know her but send my my best wishes regardless.
  • Options
    Get well soon Jessie, thoughts are with you Stu.
  • Options
    Get well soon Jessie and hope trip is OK Stu. Sounds like a contradiction in terms but Kings is an excellent hospital, staff are caring and kind, looked after my Dad, my girl and me brilliantly. Best of care.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
  • Options
    Don't know you Jessie but get well soon.
  • Options
    Best wishes Jessie, and Stu so far away. stay positive.
  • Options
    Get well soon and take it easy when you get home. All the best.
  • Options
    Mate ,my dad had a massive stroke and went onto be an eldery gent before he passed away.

There was though a few very bewildering (sic) things that happened right after his stroke ,his speach being completly jibberish and jummbled for a day or two. No one explained much to us and it was frightening to hear. In box me if you want to chat over anything happening now.

There is a Stoke Society which could be of real help.

Thoughts with you and your Mum.
  • Options
    My heart felt best wishes to you, your mum and family Stu.
  • Options
    Onwards & upwards back to full health, Jessie.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Get well soon Jessie and best to all the family.
  • Options
    Get well soon.
  • Options
    Get well Jessie