Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Boyd

2»

Comments

• Options
    More like mid 40's surely. I remember him from the Selhurst days, when he was a teenager.
    Too old to play left midfield.

26 is Boyd's age

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Double post, sorry.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I have no idea who this ackworth guy is but from what I've seen he seems like a complete tool who has no value what so ever in life

Really? And you came to your damning conclusion having seen what exactly?
    Thanks Redskin and Henry for your comments.I know that Ackworth posts a lot of drivel,but the bullying and name calling he gets on Into the Valley and by some of the people on here is out of order.As Henry says he is what he is.

You're right, but he's hardly a shrinking violet either. He's been extraordinarily consistent in posting rubbish over what, 30 years? - and this thread is hardly the first ridicule he's had!

Didn't he get a column in VOTV/insert other fanzine name here for a while? I feel quite certain that leant closer to mockery than it did giving fair voice (even if 'enough rope' applies in bucketloads).
  • Options
    I have no idea who this ackworth guy is but from what I've seen he seems like a complete tool who has no value what so ever in life

Really? And you came to your damning conclusion having seen what exactly?
    Thanks Redskin and Henry for your comments.I know that Ackworth posts a lot of drivel,but the bullying and name calling he gets on Into the Valley and by some of the people on here is out of order.As Henry says he is what he is.

You're right, but he's hardly a shrinking violet either. He's been extraordinarily consistent in posting rubbish over what, 30 years? - and this thread is hardly the first ridicule he's had!

Didn't he get a column in VOTV/insert other fanzine name here for a while? I feel quite certain that leant closer to mockery than it did giving fair voice (even if 'enough rope' applies in bucketloads).
    One of the fanzines had a (presumably fictional) contributor called 'Bonkathon Backworth' who would write in to the letters page with obviously hopeless player recommendations. Think this was around 1999 or so. Have probably got the odd copy of VOTV and Goodbye Horse in the loft, will dig them out and have a look.

Some of the abuse goes a bit far, but he has always put his name out there so I can only presume he's at least used to it. Some people just like to be talked about, whatever is actually said
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    That burger van is literally the hub of all transfer activity, agents, TJ, MS, Powell all congregate to discuss important transfer targets over a hot dog with extra onions at least 20 minutes before kick off at the West Stand
    I wondered what really went on at that burger van, didn't realise it was all a front for something else... :-0

• Options
    Another one of our youth players coming back to us. He has looked good when I've seen him play and he is that creative player in the middle of the park we need. If we get Andrews as well that could be the perfect central midfield partnership.

But he supports palarse..........I would look over that and still sign him though.
  • Options
    This was in the Daily Star two weeks ago .

I know it is the start of a negotiation but I can't see us matching the £1 Million transfer fee request somehow .

DARREN FERGUSON has warned the clubs chasing Peterborough duo Paul Taylor and George Boyd: You won’t get them on the cheap.

Striker Taylor, who scored 12 goals for Posh this season, is a target for Premier League Fulham along with Championship trio Brighton, Nottingham Forest and Hull.

And Burnley, Ipswich, Middlesborough and Derby are all planning a summer swoop for influential Posh midfielder Boyd, 26.

Taylor, 24, who joined from Anderlecht 15 months ago, and Boyd, who cost just £260,000 from Stevenage in 2007, both have just one year left on their London Road contracts.

And Posh boss Ferguson said: “George and Paul are both available for transfer but interested clubs need not think about making silly offers.

“There will be interest in both players but they will only go if the offer is right.

“Paul, in particular, has enjoyed an excellent season. I am sure he can make the step up – but if we don’t get the right offer, he will stay with us.”

Peterborough have placed valuations of more than £1million on both stars.

• Options
    Cant see us shelling out £1m for ANY player tbh, think we'll be looking at more 'bargain' level, which I dont see a problem with at all
  • Options
    Someone at a burger van said Jackson is leaving so it must be true...

Didn't we have Boyd on our books as a kid?
  • Options
    Ferguson saying both Taylor and Boyd are available for transfer is the only important part of this. Just because Peterborough have valued them both at 1 million means they will no doubt accept quite a lot less once cold hard cash is being touted.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why would we sell Jacko? He's class and very much part of our recent success. Personally, I can't wait to see him in the championship (playing for us, that is!).