Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Platini

2»

Comments

• Options
    generally you find that the majority of people who go on about how much Platini hates the English, are those who will tell you how much they hate the French !

Over rated ? LOOOOOL, as they say on the street
    Some people on here seem to spend an inordinate amount of time hating other people, often on the basis of their nationality - and, never of course having actually met them!

In all honesty I find all of the hatred towards inoffensive characters like Andy Murray - a tennis player FFS - and Michel Platini - a sports administrator - totally baffling.

Now, Alan Pardew on the other hand.....

• Options
    Bottom line is he's a dick...

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2012/01/27/2869626/uefa-president-michel-platini-dismisses-anti-english

That other dick Blatter is probably worse though, he is so corrupt.
    Sorry but what in that piece makes him a dick? Seems to talk a lot of sense there
  • Options
    i suppose this is what you get for rescueing the french from the germans
    id like to say im pleased we did it
  • Options
    For goodness sake !

• Options
    Are you my grandad?
  • Options
    Bottom line is he's a dick...

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2012/01/27/2869626/uefa-president-michel-platini-dismisses-anti-english

That other dick Blatter is probably worse though, he is so corrupt.
    Sorry but what in that piece makes him a dick? Seems to talk a lot of sense there</

Voting for Qatar as a suitable world cup venue and suggesting they play in winter to accommodate the pitfalls of said venue does it for me Col?

• Options
    What was your part in it then?
  • Options
    Who was the better player, Platini or Zidane?
  • Options
    ZZ's Top
  • Options
    Sod him , im off down the Antigallican for a drink . : )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nice one :-)
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Out of all the 'leaders' of footballs governing bodies, I believe that he is the best. Yes I do believe that he is not to keen on the English, but what Frenchman is?
    I do think that tournaments are given to those who bribe the most and before we get all anti foreign, remember that Platini has given Wembley the champions league final again next year. I think that we have now hosted more then anyone else in Europe!
  • Options
    Plattini a racist because he dosnt like the English ? maybe he does maybe he dosnt --he is a tosser anyway.

Being anti Irish any Polish anti anything and the screams of racism echo far and loud only on here would i actually expect someone to say you cant be a racist re anti English because they are not a race.
  • Options
    Putting aside whether Platini is an arse or not, isn't it a fairly well established - or at least understood - UEFA policy that they will try to create a level financial playing field which is bound to appear unfair to English (premiership) teams, plus of course an agenda that will seek to grow the game in less developed parts of the continent.

One could interpret this as prejudice/favouritism/racism/nationalism whatever, but maybe it's just good governance?
  • Options
    Putting aside whether Platini is an arse or not, isn't it a fairly well established - or at least understood - UEFA policy that they will try to create a level financial playing field which is bound to appear unfair to English (premiership) teams, plus of course an agenda that will seek to grow the game in less developed parts of the continent.

One could interpret this as prejudice/favouritism/racism/nationalism whatever, but maybe it's just good governance?
    Wise words mate... I think it is just the timing that has led to people crying "foul", me included. Perhaps we do read too much into it?

• Options
    I always thought Platini was like Hoddle but with more of an all round game. Certainly him and Hoddle were the best passers of the ball over distance I have seen.
  • Options
    If Platini is racist to some extend is not important,but what is important is what actions he takes ,there is no doubt he led the campaign to get the euro's to be held in Poland/Ukraine it is a fact that cannot be disputed that racism has been a major problem out there for a long time. Yet the euro's are awarded yesterday the dutch was abused by a small section of the crowd who was watching the open training session and the silence was deafening from UEFA. I was listening to the radio this morning and a liverpool fan come on air and reckoned that what UEFA should do about racism if either the home crowd from either country start their racist rants that the country should incur a 4 year ban from UEFA so they would excluded from the next euro's and their clubs would be banned from the Champions league/UEFA Cup.

On the face of it it would seem a good solution but if you take Spain another country where it is common for black players to be racially abused if their crowd did I suspect UEFA would not ban Real Madrid or Barca from the champions league.

Do you remember back in 2006 AC Milan along with other clubs were done for Match fixing and it was proven and UEFA still allowed AC Milan to enter the Champions league.

No proper football fan should be against the Fair Play Rules clearly clubs cannot carry on the way they have , I personally support the move by the football league for introducing it .

Platini will run for the post that the clown Blatter currently occupies a word of caution should he get the job before goal line technology is introduced he will stop it he has gone on record that he against the introduction and would put the block on it
  • Options
    The fact that Platini was a great footballer, doesn't make him a great administrator. The problem with these insular organisations is if you have radical ideas and flair, you can't reach positions of power. This means they are always too conservative with their heads rooted too firmly in the past.

Of course there should be a zero tolerance to racism, homophobia and sexism and it should also be a no brainer that countries that fall below what is expected shouldn't have a chance of hosting a FIFA or UEFA tournament.
  • Options
    mans a disgrace if im honest, i think hes way to gobby and obnoxious and his dislike for english football is pretty clear and i dont quite know why but either way a man in his position shouldnt be so bias against other nations so to sum it up...great footballer but a bit of a twat
  • Options
    I think that Platini comes across quite well in this interview but I would have liked the interviewer to have answered 'yes' to Platini's question to him at the end?

When asked 'do you think I am responsible for racism in this (Poland & Ukraine) country?' the interviewer should have replied 'no, but you ARE responsible for the choice of where to play the tournament and more favourable consideration should be given to countries who make greater (and successful) efforts to combat racism. I think Platini is somewhat missing the point here. I do wonder if he voted Le Pen.

bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18356761
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Platini can't stand England, its written all over his face, the fact that we have had some very critical and proving Panorama programme pointing how corrupt Fifa was and how stupid Uefa are says it all, btw he's unavailable for comment.
  • Options
    I believe there is a clear anti English bias in the World body but Platini dislikes the way English teams traditionally play rather than England. His belief is that skill is everything where we have traditionally been all about nullifying skill.

• Options
    the interviewer should have replied 'no, but you ARE responsible for the choice of where to play the tournament and more favourable consideration should be given to countries who make greater (and successful) efforts to combat racism.
    The bids for Euro 2012

Poland/Ukraine
    Italy
    Croatia/Hungary
    Turkey
    Greece

For some background, the bidding process was in the immediate aftermath of the match fixing scandal in Italy.

Which bid would you have preferred to win?
  • Options
    I'd have preferred Greece, because they've won the tournament. Perhaps giving it to the winners, like for The Eurovision Song Contest, would make more sense than UEFA's choice.

Having said that, Greece are a bit skint at the moment. Spain too. I wonder if the winners this year will need a bail-out afterwards!
  • Options
    I'd have preferred Greece, because they've won the tournament. Perhaps giving it to the winners, like for The Eurovision Song Contest, would make more sense than UEFA's choice.

Having said that, Greece are a bit skint at the moment. Spain too. I wonder if the winners this year will need a bail-out afterwards!
    The Greeks are still paying off the 2004 Olympics on the country credit card.....
  • Options
    Platini can't stand England, its written all over his face, blockquote>

Idiot comment of the summer?

• Options
    Platini can't stand England, its written all over his face, blockquote>

Idiot comment of the summer?

If only. I think a lot of people actually believe this nonsense (ignoring that Platini/UEFA have given their premier club event to England more than any other country)
  • Options
    I read again in the paper this morning that Platini will stop if he can Goal Line Technology
  • Options
    I read again in the paper this morning that Platini will stop if he can Goal Line Technology
    There are a lot of people who don't much like the idea of Goal Line Technology. It doesn't make them the Anti-English Devil Incarnate that some people want to make of Platini.

• Options
    It makes them dinosaurs though.