Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Welcome to Krakow.

Warning to England fans about Polish police tactics in the Krakow Post.

"Polish police are going to come down on troublemakers like a bagfull of anvils and you don't want to be there when it happens. These lads' mums and dads rioted under Soviet machine guns - a few chairs thrown by beered up fans is not going to intimidate them."

Roll on the football and an end to scare mongering from all quarters.

Comments

• Options
    "a bagfull of anvils"................so sad
  • Options
    That's a big bag
  • Options
    Think they'll need to look East rather than West for trouble. Don't let that get in the way of a good old fashioned English fan stereotype
  • Options
    That's a big bag
    A man bag.

• Options
    The Dutch had to move pitches at their training complex this morning after locals directed monkey chants at their black players
  • Options
    They make the Poles sound like machines, England & English teams have been out there plenty of times and not been torn to shreds like the press would have you believe they are now capable of.
  • Options
    The Dutch had to move pitches at their training complex this morning after locals directed monkey chants at their black players
    Source?
  • Options
    Can't seem to find any apart from other forums.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    http://www.football.co.uk/netherlands/uefa_confirm_dutch_camp_fan_protest_rss2260357.shtml

Dutch paper says it did happen. UEFA confirm protest but say it wasn't racist.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry, just got back in the office, I heard it via the ever reliable Talksport who claimed it had come from within the Dutch camp. Andy Gray was going on about it and he knows a fair few people and that is complete contradiction of that website story, plus when have EUFA done anything about racism?
  • Options
    So seems that the protest was about Krakow not being a host city and then a few idiots made monkey chants, no doubt this will be blown out of proportion though.
  • Options
    Nope it will not, everyone will ignore as usual and only the English will make a fuss.
  • Options
    It is now in every paper and Van Bommel is having a right pop at EUFA, saying people that hear racism but lie about it are as bad as those doing it
  • Options
    Thank god for the FA, The World's Knights.
  • Options
    Clearly it did happen, the dutch are concerned and the media are simply reporting the events. It may well have started out as a protest but one monkey chant is one more than is acceptable in any society.
  • Options
    It may well have started out as a protest but one monkey chant is one more than is acceptable in any society.
    Well said Johnny73

• Options
    A full house for a training workout - that is quite amazing.
  • Options
    This is Krakow, and you're welcome to it !
  • Options
    The Dutch aren't making a complaint though, why not if it was as bad as Bommel states?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Clearly it did happen, the dutch are concerned and the media are simply reporting the events. It may well have started out as a protest but one monkey chant is one more than is acceptable in any society.
    I totally agree with what you are saying however what I do have a problem with is how our media will report the incident.

The Sun- "Euro stars taunted by racist mob in Krakow" well I guess it depends on how many you say a mob is, also "abuse from 500 supporters". Well according to the links above they say it was a handful out of 25,000 and that was coming from Dutch newspapers, the Dutch coach came out and said he did not hear it and that would be surprising if it was a 500 strong mob chanting racist abuse. They also make no mention as most others do that the reason the protest started was because Krakow was not picked.

Don't get me wrong racism is disgusting but to me what certain sections of our media is doing is wrong in the way they are reporting incidents such as these. Papers like The Sun thrive of creating an impression to its readers that all is wrong with the world and all people in certain countries are racists. From the reports I've read of the incident that isn't the case and I'm willing to be told otherwise but on this one I'm going to go with a Dutch newspaper who reported the incident rather than the Sun which has no doubt re-hashed the story by a journalist who in most likelihood wasn't even there.

• Options
    Maybe they should have followed England's example and left their best black player at home...
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Paul Parker has retired mate, he couldn't be convinced to come back apparently.
  • Options
    I'm more disapointed we didn't take any gingers, Wes Brown has had a decent season.
  • Options
    Wes Brown has ginger skin
  • Options
    Didn't know you was from the Ukraine JT?
  • Options
    How can i be gingerist, some of my best veg are carrots.
  • Options
    Maybe they should have followed England's example and left their best black player at home...
    If you are referring to Rio Ferdinand, he is "dual-heritage", not black.

• Options
    Think DRF was talking about Carlton Palmer SLL.
  • Options
    If you are referring to Rio Ferdinand, he is "dual-heritage", not black.

He is also miles from being Englands best player so it can't be rio