Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Sweden | Friday 15th June | 19.45pm kick-off

Comments

• Options
    Not sure about this one Sweden didn't look that good against Ukraine but then despite the hyperbole I thought for large parts of the match against France we weren't up to much either. Hope Gerrards comments didn't galvanise them too much a classic case of mouth working, brain unengaged!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I'd go with Chamberlain and Young on the wings and Carroll and Welbeck up top. Can't see that happening though.
    I agree with your choices but think it could well happen.
    Deluded perhaps,just spare us Milner.
  • Options
    previous results count for nothing against the swedes its about tonight. itsw gonna be tight but going with an england narrow win. either way its going to be a nervy final fixture.
  • Options
    Am I the only one who watched The Ox and thought "he ain't ready"? I thought he was poor, just ran about like a headless chicken against France and almost always got caught in possession. I know we need to develop and play youngsters, but I don't think this is the stage to do it. I'd rather we play Young, Parker, Milner, Walcott with Gerrard in the hole, and use young Alex as an impact sub.
  • Options
    One of my colleagues has predicted 14-0 (to Sweden). I wouldn't mind being his bookie!
  • Options
    1-0 Gerrad on 36 minutes.
  • Options
    Am I the only one who watched The Ox and thought "he ain't ready"? I thought he was poor, just ran about like a headless chicken against France and almost always got caught in possession. I know we need to develop and play youngsters, but I don't think this is the stage to do it. I'd rather we play Young, Parker, Milner, Walcott with Gerrard in the hole, and use young Alex as an impact sub.
    france was a big a ask for him. he may do better tonight.
  • Options
    I still remember this goal so well. I miss Joe Cole:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q3XQReoz30
  • Options
    gives me goosebumps watching that. such an underated England goal.
  • Options
    looks like it's gonna be Young back to the wing in place of Ox C and Carroll up top with Welbeck
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I came that close to selling England in the spread betting thing but eventually convinced myself it would be disloyal and unpatriotic.

I think by the end of the group stages I'll be wishing I'd gone with my original thoughts.

Sweden have been a bogey side to us for many years now.
  • Options
    I wonder if its anything to do with the Bright Yellow shirts? have we beaten any other teams in Yellow?
  • Options
    You missed out "But I'll be ecstatic if I'm proved wrong" Len
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I still remember this goal so well. I miss Joe Cole:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q3XQReoz30
    It was a great goal but how bad was the Sweden injury time equaliser? It was like a slow motion nightmare as the ball squirmed through the defence from the long throw before Larsson poked it over the line, it was so deflating to throw away the win like that.
  • Options
    I came that close to selling England in the spread betting thing but eventually convinced myself it would be disloyal and unpatriotic.

I think by the end of the group stages I'll be wishing I'd gone with my original thoughts.

Sweden have been a bogey side to us for many years now.
    this has cheered me up. England win then.
  • Options
    Len

LOL-i am proud to be disloyal and unpatriotic
  • Options
    EVERYTHING points to this being another goalless or non-scoring draw. History, the way the teams are set up, the available personel, the managers, the managers tactics, the group table, everything...

Nonetheless I expect a 3-0 win for England or maybe a 2-1 defeat.
  • Options
    You missed out "But I'll be ecstatic if I'm proved wrong" Len
    :-)
  • Options
    Careful everyone, all this negativitiy some posters may come in and call you all miserable.

I think we will do well tonight, think Carroll is the right choice for tonight, Sweden looked average from crosses against Ukraine and I heard 7 of the last 10 they conceded have been headers.
  • Options
    One to watch: Rasmus Elm
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    best thing about tonights game will be the tv directors constant shots of swedish birds in the crowd. love a swedish piece.
  • Options
    I thought he'd been dropped in favour of Anders Svensson after a monumentally crap performance on Monday
  • Options
    I thought he'd been dropped in favour of Anders Svensson after a monumentally crap performance on Monday
    Word is that he's signing for Nottingham Forest
  • Options
    best thing about tonights game will be the tv directors constant shots of swedish birds in the crowd. love a swedish piece.
    can't wait, seen some crackers this week
  • Options
    Hmm! You obviously didn't pass through our office today- plenty of female-type people in yellow shirts and not all of them a pretty sight :-(
  • Options
    kickoff delayed by 15 minutes
  • Options
    Sweden team: Isaksson; Granqvist, Mellberg, J Olsson, M Olsson; Svensson, Källström, Larsson, Elm; Ibrahimovic; Elmander.
  • Options
    No bets for me on this, tough one to call although a couple of goals from young would be nice as ive got him as our top scorer :). Im presuming with Milner playing, we can almost go to 4-3-3 'if' we get ontop of Sweden
  • Options
    Cracking goal
  • Options
    Always loved Carroll...