Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Sweden | Friday 15th June | 19.45pm kick-off

Comments

• Options
    He didn't have a knock back option all he could do was to go for goal. Gotta say Ashley Young was abysmal. As was the posts on this thread. We are shite accept it and don't get wound up. CHARLTON TILL I DIE
  • Options
    I think Wellback meant it, he immediately turns his head to the direction of his deflection, class finish.
  • Options
    Leaburn scored one like that once !

Not real top level but cracking game. Great atmosphere in pub. Well done lads for.fighting back.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Good result. Not a bad performance except for the bromine in the half time tea. Very impressed with Wellbeck (again).

One thing I did notice, every England player sung the national anthem - is this the work of Roy?
  • Options
    Good result. Not a bad performance except got the bromine in the half time tea. Very impressed with Wellbeck (again).

One thing I did notice, every England player sung the national anthem - is this the work of Roy?
    Yeah, Roy was mad for it, insisted.
  • Options
    Good result. Not a bad performance except got the bromine in the half time tea. Very impressed with Wellbeck (again).

Nobody knows who wrote it ;0)

• Options
    Very good SHG :-)
  • Options
    Can't remember the last time i was excited during an england match! brilliant! Didn't play great, but we won and it was an enjoyable watch... good stuff
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Great win. We won't win the tournament, but how great was it to see an England team have so much heart and determination to win. Would never of happened under Capello.

Now for the negatives. Welbeck is the new Heskey, fact. He can't tackle, he can't pass and he definitely has no close control. What he does have is plenty of enthusiasm and the occasional touch of class. Welbeck would not be in the England team if he didn't play for United.

Johnson is useless as is Milner, can't hack watching them. I found it incredible that people were praising Milners performance at half time. What did he do right? Positioning? Possibly. Other than that...?

I would start Ox and Walcott on the flanks against Ukraine with Welbeck making way for Rooney.

Ibrohimovich is a tit.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    he meant it but christ he is bad. NLA he really isnt a top player. he's not even a good player for man utd. i must watch a different game to the welbeck fan club.

thought we were poor again tonight but played against an even worse swedish side.

Glen Johnson is the one of the worst English fullbacks ive ever watched. Micah must be at home pointing and laughing.

Parker & Gerrard wont have enough in the engine to get through all these games.

Im dreading playing Spain if we get through

Still, England till i die woop woop
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Spain haven't topped their group yet.
  • Options
    Thought Johnson was quite an improved performer since I last saw him in an England shirt. Actually turned his hand to a bit of Defending for once.
    Milners cack though.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    How old is wellbeck , he is top draw you don't Play for man yoo if your shite

It's the same as the Neville argument how long and how often did you here he was shit and wouldn't play for England if he didn't play for man yoo

So the biggest club in Europe and probably one of the biggest clubs in the world put up with shit players because of why exactly

Wellbeck will be a top top player he has th potential to be real top draw

His finish against Belgium and tonight is a glimpse of how good
  • Options
    I thought Johnson was our best defender tonight, a number of crucial last gasp interventions. Indeed Cole has been quite poor by his standards in this tournament, while Lescott's distribution was terrible.

An entertaining game, but it was like watching a mid table PL clash, both teams giving the ball away all the time. How many top international teams pass the ball back so that the keeper can hoof it up the pitch?
  • Options
    I thought Johnson was our best defender tonight, a number of crucial last gasp interventions. Indeed Cole has been quite poor by his standards in this tournament, while Lescott's distribution was terrible.

An entertaining game, but it was like watching a mid table PL clash, both teams giving the ball away all the time. How many top international teams pass the ball back so that the keeper can hoof it up the pitch?
    Johnson played them onside for their first and I lost count of the number of times he gave away possession. I'd have Walker and Richards ahead of him any day.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    well i must have been watching a different game tonight than most.

johnson defensively is woeful. he also has the nack of conceeding possesion in offesnive arrears, which as a right back is suicidal.

Richards and Walcott over Johnson and Milner all day long.

In terms of Welbeck im just not convinced. He took his goal superbly tonight and his finish against Belgium was sublime...before that he was f*****g doshs*t!!! goals are what count tho ay.
  • Options
    Let's get a couple of things straight.

None of these players people claim are Shit, crap, rubbish, poor are any of that. They may not be the best in their position in the world, but they would still piss all over what we have been raving over and singing about for.the.last season.

We will not win this competition because our players are not as good as some other nations. But it now looks like we might qualify, which.many of us, including myself, thought we might not do. It was a decent game of high intensity football, and we.fought back well to win. Enjoy.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    How can anyone say Welbeck is a bad player? He may not be the best in the world but he is far from bad. Been impressed with him in both games and is only young.
  • Options
    oh come on im talking bad in terms of England international quality
  • Options
    Exactly AFKA. We've battled our way through 2 games, should now qualify, but the weaknesses when we have the ball are clear to see.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    still don't agree and don't see why people would knock him when he's giving his all and scoring. Same with Carroll, wouldn't have been in my squad but put in a proper shift and scored. What more can they do?
  • Options
    oh come on im talking bad in terms of England international quality
    Well he is on two in his last three whixh id take from.any striker, and in the other he was well isolated. Think he has potential.
  • Options
    The knobheads on Tv said Englands 2nd goal was lucky 20 times. Not once was it mentioned the swedes first goal was a shot going off for a throw in which lead intoa shot going well wide, which then deflected by an Englishman onto a post before crossing the line-------------------------------------naff all lucky in that then ?

ooooooooooooo yes i dont give a rats arse if Welbeck meant it or not it ended up in the net
    Jeez never thought I'd agree with GH about anything but the first Swedish goal was ridiculously lucky. Walcott's shot was on target, didn't deflect - the fact the keeper decided not to try and save it isn't lucky, it's bad play.

I don't think Wellbeck had a very good game but there is no question that he meant that finish - he had no other options on. He probably would only get it one out of ten times though.

Why was Ibrahimovic having a go at Hart after the hillbilly scored the second?

I think we'll qualify but probably Spain in the quarters and can't see us getting anywhere near them.

• Options
    Still a very tough game to come against Ukraine - the hosts! - they need to win to go through and it is going to be a very nervy game, one mistake or bad refereeing decision and we could go out.

Still, a great win tonight, well pleased for Hodgson and Carroll.
  • Options
    Good half. Welbeck and Milner seriously scare me though. </blockquo
    kk
  • Options
    I've never been that bothered how England do. It's normally a bunch of prima donnas who couldn't really give a toss and over the last fifteen years or so I've become totally disillusioned with the lot of them.

However my faith has so far being restored. They may not be the most talented bunch and they won't win it BUT they are doing their very best, are obviously in it together and are showing they do care. They also have a Manager who knows what it is all about, doesn't panic, is tactically astute. In the long term I can see Hodgson bringing some success.

• Options
    game of the tournament so far. Hodgson spotted the weak link and changed it. Walcott was class, end of.
  • Options
    I think the real person who should get all the credit is Roy Hodgson.
    Decided to start with Carroll and then brought Walcott on to win us the game, genius!
  • Options
    How crazy was that!! I know the Walcott introduction will be seen as `inspired' etc but i've absolutely no idea how we turned that around from when Sweden took the lead.

At 2-1 we were dead, no two ways about it...and I reckoned, like everyone else, that a Swedish 3rd was imminent and our all too familiar big tournament collapse would be complete. Then we had something totally unexpected happen. Something that hasn't been associated with England for as long as I care to remember....we had a bit of luck.

As for our individual players, Young had a poor game for me...could be the poorest performance i've ever seen from him tbh. He must pull his finger out and quick cos we havent got the ability to carry anyone.
    I thought Carroll did alright and his overall performance warranted a goal...and what a great goal it was.
    Welbeck did little imo but can't knock his winning goal. Yeah it was with a slice of luck but you've gotta be in the right place at the right time to exploit any good fortune so good on him.
    Saying that though I still think he'll lose his starting place for Ukraine with Roonaldo and Carroll up front for me.
    Also, begrudingly, I think Terry deserves a mention. Now I can't stand the bloke and he shouldn't be anywhere near the England team imo but he really put a shift in today against an absolute beast in the form of course of Ibrahimovic. Terry is no shrinking violet but he looked in actual physical pain every time he tangled with the bloke. I mean have you ever seen a player who appeared physically stronger than him?! He must be a f******* 'mare to play against and although not having him in his pocket or anything I think Terry did as well as anyone could hope for against a cyborg ;P

REALLY pleased for Roy Hodgson though. Without doubt the biggest win of his career and he should rightly feel ecstatic. He's repaid the faith already by delivering something we've not seen before....a competetive victory over Sweden.

• Options
    I think it is well harsh that the Swede's first goal has been given as an o.g. to Johnson. Harsh on Johnson; harsh on Mellberg.