Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Depressing realisation that...

With Rednapp and Hodgson moving on, Big Nose Pardew is probably the highest rated English club manager in the world.

Sad times.

Comments

• Options
    To be fair I think he has silenced his critics with last seasons signings and performances, they played some good football.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Very sadly I have to agree Mike.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Il wait until this season before thinking Pardew has turned into a managerial god. The bloke who actually found those players has been given a new 7 yr deal, so Pardew cant take any credit for scouting
  • Options
    Graham Carr
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Thats the fella
  • Options
    He has to be given a lot of credit for his work there, but as others have said it was not him who identified these players. I think next year will be an interesting one and he will find things a lot harder.
  • Options
    Oh I agree, he has done a fine job there.so far. The fact I detest the arrogant egotistical ahole is largely irrelevant.

What galls me the most is that he made such a basket case of a job with us when he clearly has something about him.
  • Options
    Graham Carr
    Thats the fella
    Father of comedian Alan. At what point do you think Graham realised Alan wasn't going to make it as a footballer?
  • Options
    he has de-charltonised
  • Options
    Graham Carr
    Thats the fella
    Father of comedian Alan. At what point do you think Graham realised Alan wasn't going to make it as a footballer?
    Probably the amount of time that he spent in the showers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good tournament for Cabaye and Ben Arfa and they could well be off.
  • Options
    He has done well but I have a feeling they overachieved next season will tell the real story
  • Options
    Graham Carr
    Thats the fella
    When he kept tripping over his teeth?
  • Options
    Alan Carr does a rather funny routine about breaking the news to his Dad about not wanting a career in football, involving the "use of interpretative dance"...
  • Options
    edited June 2012

What galls me the most is that he made such a basket case of a job with us when he clearly has something about him.
    This was done to death when he was here, and there was always a good argument at the time, that the mess we found ourselves in, wasn't all down to him.

• Options
    Pardwho?
  • Options

This was done to death when he was here, and there was always a good argument at the time, that the mess we found ourselves in, wasn't all down to him.
    The money spent and associated with the McLeod, Gray, Varney transfers etc means he contributed a fair whack of shizzle.

• Options
    Pardew lost the plot with us, but it isn't easy when you have to lose all your best players. In a less turbulent situation, he has shown in the past too that he can manage. Would be interesting how he deals with a crisis at Newcastle, but he may not need to and he may take them from strength to strength.

He was a decent player for us and we are back in teh Championship so I think we should take the animosity towards him down a level or two.
  • Options
    ... and the other side of the coin where he had players sold from under him, the likes of Bent were sold on for big money & he lost most of his back four Andy Reid was sold off in January when we were in a play-off spot, & there was a host of other very good players sold throughout his tenure.. He didn't do a good job of replacing, but then the players he was shopping for were in the main gambles, which reflected Murray's budget at the time.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited June 2012
    Bent sold from under him? Do you think we had a chance of keeping him?!

Also, I think he gave his blessing to the Reid transfer from memory.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sir Chris is English isn't he! We all know that he is ten times better than Big nose.
  • Options
    Bent sold from under him? Do you think we had a chance of keeping him?!

Also, I think he gave his blessing to the Reid transfer from memory.
    Bent wasn't the only one.
    I've always doubted he gave his "blessings" for the Reid transfer, but there has always been people saying he did... I've never heard anything where Pardew said anything like that... What I do remember is Murray saying it was "good business".
  • Options
    you're entitled to your opinion @joeaddick, but mine is firmly set and not for changing.

When i met him I found him an odious, arrogant individual, and in managerial terms, a huge disappointment.

He was by no means the only reason we have struggled so badly in the years that followed (i'm not suggesting that), but he played a huge part of it.

Season 1 - took over in December in 19th, finished 19th - relegated
    Season 2 - 2nd highest budget in Championship - finished 11th
    Season 3 - 8 defeats on the trot and in relegation zone by November - sacked

Yes he had better players sold and moved on, the same that every team fallen out the premiership has to deal with. But Pardew was given huge resources to re-start and reshape a squad, he was given nearly £15m in transfer fees alone, not counting wages, yet couldn't even get a top 10 finish.

In my opinion he thought from Day 1 he was better than us and everything he touched turned to gold. He was going to build in the Champ some form of mini-Arsenal, with Moo2 and Christensen and a load of other bob that wasn't right. The squads he had neither played good attacking football, or held much in way of fight. We seemed to get done on both fronts.

Then there was the farce of bringing in Scott Sinclair and Lee Cook on loan at the same time, and not playing either of them and sticking with Jerome Thomas. The package for Varney, McLeod and Gray cost +£11m including wages, all down the drain. He was given everything he wanted, from players to feng suing the training ground, yet kept sending us further lower. His pay-off crippled the club so bad they couldn't even afford to bring in a new manager, which is why Parky got it full time.

He was a disaster for us both in footballing terms, and financial, and along with that, i can't stand the bloke.
  • Options

The money spent and associated with the McLeod, Gray, Varney transfers etc means he contributed a fair whack of shizzle.

The same thread takes credit away from Pards for signings at Newcastle and then blames him for signings at CAFC. He didn't sign the contracts with us so he can't take all the blame and will have be given a lot of recommendations at newcastle which he didn't take up so deserves some of the credit there.

Pardew did nothing more than a lot of players have done. Performed under average with us and better than average with someone else.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    you're entitled to your opinion @joeaddick, but mine is firmly set and not for changing.

When i met him I found him an odious, arrogant individual, and in managerial terms, a huge disappointment.

He was by no means the only reason we have struggled so badly in the years that followed (i'm not suggesting that), but he played a huge part of it.

Yes he had better players sold and moved on, the same that every team fallen out the premiership has to deal with. But Pardew was given huge resources to re-start and reshape a squad, he was given nearly £15m in transfer fees alone, not counting wages, yet couldn't even get a top 10 finish.

In my opinion he thought from Day 1 he was better than us and everything he touched turned to gold. He was going to build in the Champ some form of mini-Arsenal, with Moo2 and Christensen and a load of other bob that wasn't right. The squads he had neither played good attacking football, or held much in way of fight. We seemed to get done on both fronts.

Then there was the farce of bringing in Scott Sinclair and Lee Cook on loan at the same time, and not playing either of them and sticking with Jerome Thomas. The package for Varney, McLeod and Gray cost +£11m including wages, all down the drain. He was given everything he wanted, from players to feng suing the training ground, yet kept sending us further lower. His pay-off crippled the club so bad they couldn't even afford to bring in a new manager, which is why Parky got it full time.

He was a disaster for us both in footballing terms, and financial, and along with that, i can't stand the bloke.

This. He considers himself a big club manager. Once we dropped out of the Premiership and he didn't collect his reputed 1 million bonus for keeping us up, he lost interest. However he still managed to walk away with his one million bonus, allegedly!

• Options
    Its O.K SCP will soon be the highest rated club manager in the world when we win the PL.
  • Options
    If it weren't for the situations at Norwich and Swansea I was seriously tempted to have a punt on Newcastle to get relegated next year, and may still do.

I don't think the bloke has had two good seasons in a row other than at Reading and think this is largely due to his bizarre transfer dealings and constant chopping and changing disrupting the team. Let's not forget he only came to us because he'd been sacked by WHU who were having a mare of a season too.
  • Options
    To be fair I think he has silenced his critics with last seasons signings and performances, they played some good football.

I'm not silenced. He'll get the same welcome from me next time as got the last.
  • Options

Yeah but apart from that, I thought he did a good job.

• Options
    Wasnt there a story about him going into a car showroom and billing a luxury car to Charlton?

Or did i dream that? not supposed to say?