Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Goalkeeper kit (Purple)

Comments

• Options
    Why do they keep taking these pony photos - are no players around.

Draped on a plastic hanger from M&S and hung in a toilet. Looks like something Henry Says would sell.
    Miserable

I think you'll find it is factual.
    Still miserable :-)
  • Options
    Am I the only person who's really liked both kit's so far...?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Jackson makes the home kit look even worse:

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Pub team.
  • Options
    I haven't said anything until now, but that does look rather amateur doesn't it ? One thing in its favour is that most teams release images of their kit in a glossy, photoshopped style; we clearly haven't done that so compared to other teams new kits it doesn't look great.

So many people hated that we never had a "big name" creating our kit, wonder if they're the same ones moaning now
  • Options
    I really want to say something positive but I hate it and the keepers kit is even worse. I like the socks I spose. JJ's face looks like the kid at school who's still being dressed by his mum :(
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Lets look on the bright side, at least the goal keepers isn't this:

• Options
    Jackson does not look happy in the new kit. Who can blame him. It looks bloody awful.
  • Options
    Jackson does not look happy in the new kit. Who can blame him. It looks bloody awful.

For the first time I have to agree about the kit, glad they put a proper picture up before saturday
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Regal purple that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We want nike... We want Nike.

Gets Nike...

It's not the right red, pub team, rubbish...

You lot are so boring at times.

Who cares I'll buy it!
  • Options

Gets Nike...

Who cares I'll buy it!
    whoopie do!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Lets look on the bright side, at least the goal keeper isn't him:

• Options
    Would be nice if they done the GK shirt in a short sleeve option, as I'd possibly but one of those, rather than the crappy home shirt.

I HATE COLLARS ON FOOTBALL SHIRTS!!!!
  • Options
    That kit on JJ looks terrible, dull and styleless.

But then I never particularly wanted Nike, as unless you're one of the giants, you risk being dressed in bog standard kit and looking like a Sunday morning team. I was happy with the slightly smaller manufacturers, and having unique kit.

I presume the real benefit of the Nike deal is them running the club shop?
  • Options
    That kit on JJ looks terrible, dull and styleless.

But then I never particularly wanted Nike, as unless you're one of the giants, you risk being dressed in bog standard kit and looking like a Sunday morning team. I was happy with the slightly smaller manufacturers, and having unique kit.

I presume the real benefit of the Nike deal is them running the club shop?
    But they don't do they? It's run by Just Sport who are supplied by Nike
  • Options
    Oh dear. I was hoping when it all came together it would look better but if possible it looks a bit worse than I thought it would. Poor Jacko. It's a shame because this year I was going to go whole hog, get the gold badges and get a name and number on the back but I can't really justify spending all that on a shirt I don't like. Shame. Oh well, hopefully the football will be good
  • Options
    Am I allowed to be very very miserable or do I have to pretend that I like the Subbuteo reject look?
  • Options
    I picked up a shirt today. It is not the same red as any other Charlton shirt I've had, but it is red. The Andrews logo looks ok, it is a bit naff, but then it was probably not designed to look good on a football shirt.

The gold badges on the sleeve are nice, but I have to confess that I was hoping for more from Nike.

The leisure wear was very nice but it was very expensive. The track suit tops were £45. I suppose that's what you get when you have Nike, but I was hoping the gear would be a little easier on the pocket.

My biggest disappointment, though, is the price of the kids kits. My eight year old son doesn't have any tops that cost £34 and i was hoping they would have been a little more child friendly.
  • Options

Gets Nike...

Who cares I'll buy it!

So because you don't like the look of something you're boring?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm baffled. You lot all go on about how you love retro style kits (I find them awfully boring personally). Now we finally get one and it's not exciting enough?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
  • Options
    I'll keep saying this, but a home kit should be simple and traditional, and that's what this kit is, does the job. Wear Seahawk and denim and such shit away from home
  • Options
    I'll keep saying this, but a home kit should be simple and traditional, and that's what this kit is, does the job. Wear Seahawk and denim and such shit away from home
    Yea I agree with that. Some serious moaners on here.
  • Options
    Traditional? It's the wrong colour.
  • Options
    Bit much to call people moaners for not liking the kit; it's hardly a 'get behind the team' scenario is it? It's disappointing when you don't like the design as the kits are expensive as it is. If you don't like the shirt then you're not going to buy it at that price, and the outcome is you don't get a Charlton shirt for the season, which is a shame. I imagine we're not as disappointed as Man United fans are though..
  • Options
    But what's to moan about it? It's red with White shorts and red socks.
  • Options
    Traditional? It's the wrong colour.
    You've seen it in the flesh then?

• Options
    But what's to moan about it? It's red with White shorts and red socks.
    Yep. Like every other kit we've ever had. They still look different..
  • Options
    People. Look at the title of this thread. NEW GOALKEEPER KIT.

Don't we have enough threads about the home kit without this turning into a like/don't like the shade of red blah, blah,blah