Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• I binge-watched an NBC series called This Is Us and really loved it. It is one of the best TV series I have ever watched. Reminds me a little of Friday Night Lights and Parenthood. Highly recommended if you like those two shows.

SO glad you caught up with this series, Jessie.

We loved it !
    I remember seeing the series receive high ratings during its first season but didn't get around to watching it until when the second season was over recently. I've never cried so much over a TV series. The episodes in which Jack dies and how the family react to it are especially heart-breaking. The series has become one of my favourites now. I look forward to the third season.
  • Just seen the last (or so I thought) episode of Save Me. Why the f**k end it like that ?? No, Mr James, we all don't want to dick around for 9 months wilst you decide how a second series is going to work out. I don't recall too many Shakespear plays ending with "I'm not going to tell you how it ends & so tune in again at xmas to find out". Just write a script & end it.
  • Did anyone on here watch Westworld when it was out? I thought it was brilliant, second season has been announced for late April (22nd?). Counting down the days.

I really enjoyed that and have high hopes for the second series. Of course, if the budget's been cut and they don't get the same quality of actors it will probably not be as good so let's hope the studio stumps up.
  • I think they were pushing it trying to get the 3rd book into just 2 episodes.

It's the most complex book so I'm not surprised they struggled.
  • Really enjoying Before we Die which concludes next week on Channel 4. On Netflix would recommend the Icelandic series Border Town, based close to St Petersburg. A good watch.

Icelandic Border Town close to St Petersburg? Back in the days of Pangea maybe.
  • Looking forward to The City and The City on Friday.
  • Just catching up with This Country. Missed the first series. I think I like it. It’s a bit of a slow burner. Has the same sort of feel as Detectorists but not as good. The Steam Fair episode with the birthday angle was very clever.
  • Just seen the last (or so I thought) episode of Save Me. Why the f**k end it like that ?? No, Mr James, we all don't want to dick around for 9 months wilst you decide how a second series is going to work out. I don't recall too many Shakespear plays ending with "I'm not going to tell you how it ends & so tune in again at xmas to find out". Just write a script & end it.

I think I’d rather they just left it with the first series.

I like it when stuff ends with unanswered questions. We don’t always need to see stuff neatly explained and tied with a big bow surely?
  • Supernatural season 13 begins 17 April at 10pm on E4.
  • Just catching up with This Country. Missed the first series. I think I like it. It’s a bit of a slow burner. Has the same sort of feel as Detectorists but not as good. The Steam Fair episode with the birthday angle was very clever.

I think these are the best two comedy series of recent times. This Country has excellent script and characters - it really gets over the dead end nature of their lives but finds comedy within it. Daisy and Charlie Cooper who wrote and star in it have a real talent for dialogue.

The program has really grown on me and I've loved the second series as much as the first.
  • Sponsored links:

• Stig said:

Cunk on Britain. Funniest thing I've watched in ages.

Had to turn it off, pointless tosh.
  • Stig said:

Totally agree . Intelligent comedy . Had me in stitches.
  • edited April 2018
    Really enjoying The Looming Tower on Amazon .
    Story of the build up to 911 and how the CIA and FBI were at war with each other as well as Al Qaeda.
    Jeff Daniels is superb .
  • Stig said:

Like Horrible Histories but with naughty words.
  • bbob said:

Stig said:

Like Horrible Histories but with naughty words.
    Horrible Histories is funny so is Cunk on Britain. Both make me laugh.
  • Really enjoying The Looming Tower on Amazon .
    Story of the build up to 911 and how the CIA and FBI were at war with each other as well as Al Qaeda.
    Jeff Daniels is superb .

Is this based on a documentary style or is it actors playing out the scenario?
  • Really enjoying The Looming Tower on Amazon .
    Jeff Daniels is superb .

Is this based on a documentary style or is it actors playing out the scenario?
    Sorry that was lazy of me. I have just Googled it and answered my question. Looks good, I my give this try.
  • Very lazy.

So.....which was it?
  • Have I Got News For You hosted by Jeremy Paxman. Excellent.
  • Anyone know where Freeview channel 10 has gone?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2018

Anyone know where Freeview channel 10 has gone?

Have you retuned recently? I retuned mine recently after a helpful banner across the screen told me to! Check here for more help: https://www.freeview.co.uk/tvchanges

Same place as the CL Home button

Just wanted to say I'm having no problem with my button.

:blush:

Finger on the pulse, as always girl/

TMI
  • just finished season 2 of Sense8. pretty much no idea what was going on all the way through but it's brilliant. just gotta wait for the 2 hour finale now

TMI
    Only posted it for lols !
  • Arsenal Fan TV have been given their own show on channel 4!

We’ve officially run out of TV shows
  • Arsenal Fan TV have been given their own show on channel 4!

We’ve officially run out of TV shows

WHAT! Oh FFS, what is broadcasting coming too??? Only on the fu**ing BBC!

Pardon? C4 you say? Oh - innovative programing, great idea, need to keep real, keep pace with the YouTube generation, well done C4... :wink:

(This my friends, is why we need to keep the Beeb)

I think I’d rather they just left it with the first series.

I like it when stuff ends with unanswered questions. We don’t always need to see stuff neatly explained and tied with a big bow surely?
    Personal preference I guess. I hate it - if I could write my own endings, I'd be an author. I pay them to tell me a story from start to finish. To me it would be like leaving a football match at 1-1 with ten minutes to go, and never checking the result...