Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Watching an excellent French spy thriller on Amazon Prime, called The Bureau. Produced by Canal+ it is supposedly based on true stories of the DGSE. It has won all sorts of awards in France & other countries. Really enjoying it so far.
  • Options
    Anyone watched Bridget & Eamon on Gold? Very funny, well worth watching IMO.
  • Options
    Bring back Blackadder or just remember it fondly and not run the risk of ruining it?

https://inews.co.uk/news/blackadder-bring-back-yougov-poll-british-tv/
  • Options
    Is anyone watching Westworld season 2? Any thoughts so far?

and yes I know there's only been one episode.
  • Options
    JWADDICK said:

Echo this, i previously watched but then got too repetitive and didn't really enjoy it. Would like to hear feedback too
  • Options

Anybody watched The Following?

Watched four episodes so far and not sure what to think. A little bit different to what I normally enjoy which isn't a bad thing.

Have to admit the acting isn't the best but I reckon I can just about ignore that.

As in the Kevin Bacon tv series??
    @cafcfan1990 you never answered??
    Sorry Paulie yes that’s the one. 45 episodes seems excessive and not sure it’s one I should confine with?
    Very good me and my partner enjoyed it.

First series excellent
    2nd series bit flat in places
    3rd series excellent.

Only issue is its left in a really annoying place.

Kevin Bacon said he expected a 4th series but it was cancelled so.the last episode is a cliff hanger that will never be answered
    thanks, will carry on with it then. Cliffhangers seem to be the way with a lot of these programmes anyway now so that doesn't bother me too much.
    So @cafcfan1990 what did you think
  • Options

JWADDICK said:

Echo this, i previously watched but then got too repetitive and didn't really enjoy it. Would like to hear feedback too
    Watched the catch up show a week back & realised I missed a lot of the plot - don't know how as I (though) I had watched them all. Didn't realise that Ed Harris was one of the cowboys an a later life.

Watched the 1st episode of Series 2. Love Thandie Newton. Starting to resembled Lost with them going back & forth & plucking new plotlines out of nowhere. I didn't see Anthony Hopkins in the credits & he didn't feature in the opening episode so I can only imagine he didn't like the idea of another series.
  • Options
    JWADDICK said:

It’s Lost all over again .
  • Options

JWADDICK said:

It’s Lost all over again .
    That would be a shame. I thought the first series was very good.
  • Options
    Jessica Jones series 2. Series 1 was excellent and in David Tennant had one of the best performances of the year. This season doesn't have one stand-out like that but is still very gritty and enjoyable.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Started watching The Alienist on Netflix. First episode was good, looks promising.

Good series, crap ending though
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Jessica Jones series 2. Series 1 was excellent and in David Tennant had one of the best performances of the year. This season doesn't have one stand-out like that but is still very gritty and enjoyable.

I’m three episodes in on season two and I’m thinking about ditching it . Way too slow
  • Options
    Finished watched the Alienist. Really well made and hope they do a second series.
  • Options
    The Bridge starts on bbc2 on 11th May.
  • Options
    JWADDICK said:

I enjoyed the first episode although I agree with others that it could go a bit 'Lost' if not careful. Had to google a quick recap of the first series, had forgotten a lot of it.
  • Options
    JWADDICK said:

Loved season 1, thought it was brilliant. Not quite fully involved in season 2, watched ep2 last night but think I need to rewatch, wasn't paying enough attention. Am worried how they will follow it up, just can't see it being on the same level as Season 1. Can see it going on too long and becoming too convoluted like Lost.
  • Options
    Friday Night Dinner new series this Friday on 4
  • Options

FINALLY!
  • Options
    A few foreign language ones.

The Break - Belgian series about a copper who moves back to his home town and starts investigating a murder . Slow start but enjoyed in the end. 7/10

Lava Field - Icelandic 4 parter - Seemed to finished before it got going. 5/10

Borderliner - Norweigan - Not finished yet but it's got a lot of suspense and we're enjoying it. Currently 8/10
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

FINALLY!
    already available on iplayer
  • Options
    Dirty money on Netflix.

Investigative journalism series showing how huge corporations have peen pulling down the pants of the average joe, but finally get found out.
    Some of the capers Volkswagon pulled in the emissions scandal is beyond belief!
  • Options

Anybody watched The Following?

Watched four episodes so far and not sure what to think. A little bit different to what I normally enjoy which isn't a bad thing.

Have to admit the acting isn't the best but I reckon I can just about ignore that.

As in the Kevin Bacon tv series??
    @cafcfan1990 you never answered??
    Sorry Paulie yes that’s the one. 45 episodes seems excessive and not sure it’s one I should confine with?
    Very good me and my partner enjoyed it.

First series excellent
    2nd series bit flat in places
    3rd series excellent.

Only issue is its left in a really annoying place.

Kevin Bacon said he expected a 4th series but it was cancelled so.the last episode is a cliff hanger that will never be answered
    thanks, will carry on with it then. Cliffhangers seem to be the way with a lot of these programmes anyway now so that doesn't bother me too much.
    So @cafcfan1990 what did you think
    I have nearly finished Season 1. It's ok, bit repetitive and I'm not gagging to watch the next episode but all in all I have seen a lot worse.
  • Options

FINALLY!
    It is? I can't see it.....
  • Options

FINALLY!
    Only first three series
  • Options

FINALLY!
    Of course it isn't. What's available are the previous series. iPlayer often does that before a new series starts.

• Options

FINALLY!
    Only first three series
    Big hairy flange!

• Options
    I've just watched series 1of The Bridge on i player. Absolutely brilliant.
  • Options

Watching an excellent French spy thriller on Amazon Prime, called The Bureau. Produced by Canal+ it is supposedly based on true stories of the DGSE. It has won all sorts of awards in France & other countries. Really enjoying it so far.

It is excellent, isn't it? I've seen all three series. Just looked it up and a 4th series is in the works.

It's very le Carre, I think. Slow paced, thoughtful, but always menacing. Really surprised BBC4 didn't pick it up.

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Second episode of flight 543 (or something similar) on C4 at 11pm tonight. Another from Walter Presents. 1st episode looked promising.