Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    wwtone said:

Not sure if this one has been mentioned before but we have just finished the 9 parter 'Tabula Rasa' a Belgium thriller on Channel 4 catch up. Described as the mother of all twisted thrillers and I would not argue with that.
    Definitely recommend this one.

Yes it was very good. I enjoyed it too.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Just finished The Looming Tower on Amazon, very watchable.

Loved it. I didn't know about John O'Neill so I was shocked in the end.

Absolutely hate Rice after watching this series. The Bush government was responsible for the tragedy. And the woman FBI agent was disgusting. I can't imagine how the families of the victims reacted to the original book. The whole thing was preventable!!
  • Options
    A Handmaid’s Tale . Wow . One if the most gripping TV series I’ve seen in a long while . Brilliant.

Season one is available now on SKY catchup . Season two is currently airing .
  • Options
    Just finished ‘Safe’ on Netflix. 8 episodes so not too long. Thought it was okay without blowing me away.
  • Options

Just finished ‘Safe’ on Netflix. 8 episodes so not too long. Thought it was okay without blowing me away.

Exactly my assessment.

Seemed like there were too many plot lines being crammed together at times....and I’m not sure what the father of the girl that had the party was meant to be? It was like he was playing a comedy role in a supposed drama.
  • Options
    Anyone got any suggestions for Amazon prime video? Is there anything on there that is a must watch (preferably their 'original' content...)

Thanks
  • Options
    Probably just me that watched King Lear on Monday.
    Very good, and there was a convincing modern day/design realization that worked for me.
    Every decade or so the BBC revisits the Shakespeare canon and that alone justifies the licence fee for me.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Very good, and there was a convincing modern day/design realization that worked for me.
    Every decade or so the BBC revisits the Shakespeare canon and that alone justifies the licence fee for me.

No not just you Seth, I also thought it was excellent and Hopkins was superb as were the rest of the cast but special mention for Andrew Scott as Edmund.
  • Options
    Love Island starts next week
  • Options

This deserves a flag.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

This deserves a flag.
    Not really.... :) all entitled to watch our own rubbish, its trash tv but i like it! wont be updating on here though
  • Options
    edited May 2018

This deserves a flag.

This deserves a flag.
    Big Love Island following on here if last years thread is anything to go by.

The contestants this year don’t look overly great, one local lad I see called Jack. Danny Dyers daughter is also in if, so be quite funny to see his reaction when someone does her.
  • Options

This deserves a flag.

This deserves a flag.
    Big Love Island following on here if last years thread is anything to go by.

The contestants this year don’t look overly great, one local lad I see called Jack. Danny Dyers daughter is also in if, so be quite funny to see his reaction when someone does her.
    "You nawty slaaaaag!"
  • Options
    Agree with assessments above on Safe. Just watched the first episode on the bus this morning and enjoyed it but the leading man (father of the missing girl) is so wooden I almost got splinters watching. Will persevere though.

Just given up on Lost In Space after 5 episodes. Can’t quite see where it’s going and don’t care about any of the characters.
  • Options

This deserves a flag.
    Flag? It won a BAFTA!
  • Options

Agree with assessments above on Safe. Just watched the first episode on the bus this morning and enjoyed it but the leading man (father of the missing girl) is so wooden I almost got splinters watching. Will persevere though.

Just given up on Lost In Space after 5 episodes. Can’t quite see where it’s going and don’t care about any of the characters.

I didn’t realise until after....that the lead is the bloke that played Dexter.
  • Options

Anyone got any suggestions for Amazon prime video? Is there anything on there that is a must watch (preferably their 'original' content...)

Thanks

I recently watched one season of 'Bosch', a cop show produced by Amazon Studios. Not sure if it's on Amazon Prime but it's quite good.
  • Options

Thanks

I recently watched one season of 'Bosch', a cop show produced by Amazon Studios. Not sure if it's on Amazon Prime but it's quite good.
    If you can handle subtitles then the aforementioned Land of Mines.
  • Options
    JWADDICK said:

seth plum said:

No not just you Seth, I also thought it was excellent and Hopkins was superb as were the rest of the cast but special mention for Andrew Scott as Edmund.
    Glad to read y'all liked it so much, certainly a stellar cast but Please NO SPOILERS!!!
  • Options
    Riviera said:

This deserves a flag.
    Flag? It won a BAFTA!
    People can watch what they like, I just do not get it at all. Shows like that make me genuinely angry!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Thanks

I believe The Bureau is on there. It's French, 3 series. If you like slow paced thoughtful spy stuff, le Carre style, you will love it. Widely considered to be the best French drama of recent years, and this from the country that brought us "Spiral".

• Options

Riviera said:

This deserves a flag.
    Flag? It won a BAFTA!
    People can watch what they like, I just do not get it at all. Shows like that make me genuinely angry!
    Why? I don’t get Gardener’s World, Antiques Roadshow or Songs of Praise but people watch it and good for them. If you got nothing else going on that you can’t ignore an hours programme on itv2 and you get genuinely angry about it then you’ve got some slight issues.
  • Options

Thanks

Is it Harry Bosch ?? I remember readibg s couple of novels some years back with a character of that name. Can't rember the author but fairly well known.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I thought I'd watch it as I thought it was going to be a new twist or updated version. Not ever read King Lear do I had no idea what was going on - thought they would update the language somewhat. I do like Shakespeare but had to turn over after 15 mins as I had no idea what they were talking about.
  • Options

Thanks

Is it Harry Bosch ?? I remember readibg s couple of novels some years back with a character of that name. Can't rember the author but fairly well known.
    Michael Connelly. Stonking books every one of them, two dozen plus. Not your macho or alcho cop. Heavy on procedure which gives it a different vibe.
  • Options

Thanks

I’ve just finished s4 of Halt and Catch Fire.
    Light drama set in the US late 70s and into 80s, based around tech, invention of laptops internet and and so on. Good soundtrack, good show.
  • Options

Thanks

Yes it is based on the books I think. Season 1 and 2 excellent. Got a bit intricate in the latest season (3 or 4?), but still good. Not read the books. The show is set in LA.
  • Options
    Just watched an episode of Friday night dinner as it was recommended on here.

Painfully unfunny. Can't believe it got commissioned!

Each to their own I guess!!
  • Options
    Just started Spotless on Netflix. Not sure if it’s meant to be like Lock Stock or serious? Will keep going.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Had about 40 unread pages on this thread but just finished Mindhunter S1 on Netflix and on of my fav programmes for years now.

Apologies if already discussed

Loved it.