Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    We watched the the first episode of Sneaky Pete last night, was watchable and will continue, is it worth it?
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Had about 40 unread pages on this thread but just finished Mindhunter S1 on Netflix and on of my fav programmes for years now.

Apologies if already discussed

Loved it.

One of the best shows I've watched in recent years. Was almost going to give it up after the pilot but continued anyway and it just got better and better! Very fascinating. I can't wait for the second season.
  • Options

We watched the the first episode of Sneaky Pete last night, was watchable and will continue, is it worth it?

I used to like Giovanni Ribisi a lot. Watched the pilot the other day, thought it was okay but I didn't continue.
  • Options
    I sense people are digging a little deeper into their Netflix/ Amazon catalogues. Doesn't seem like anything decent has been added for a while to those services.
  • Options

I used to like Giovanni Ribisi a lot. Watched the pilot the other day, thought it was okay but I didn't continue.
    Same here . Watched the first one and didn’t bother any more . The characters didn’t seem believable to me.
  • Options

Same here . Watched the first one and didn’t bother any more . The characters didn’t seem believable to me.
    Exactly. How can Ribisi's character get away so easily with pretending to be someone else?
  • Options

Anyone got any suggestions for Amazon prime video? Is there anything on there that is a must watch (preferably their 'original' content...)

Thanks

I'm watching Mozart in the Jungle with the other half. If you want something that doesn't take itself to seriously and is easy to unwind to I'd recommend it.
  • Options
    I agree that Sneaky Pete was slightly hard to fully believe but I still enjoyed it. Just finished Season 2 which I didn't think was as good but worth a watch.
  • Options

Just finished ‘Safe’ on Netflix. 8 episodes so not too long. Thought it was okay without blowing me away.

Spot on - not the type of show you'll remember in a couple of months, but twisty and turny enough to be decent enough watching.

Dexter's accent was a bit dodgy though, very generic "we think this is British" and kept slipping.
  • Options

It wasn't mind blowing my amazing but it kept me entertained. Far fetched but enjoyably so imho
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Finished series 2 of " 13 Reasons " tonight and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Very thought provoking & made me glad that my grandkids don't attend an American High School.
  • Options
    Watched Swedish show “Fallet” this week.
    Quite enjoyed it. A bit of a spoof on all the Scando dramas knocking about. About a Swedish detective and an English detective teaming up to solve a murder of an Englishman in Sweden.
    Half in Swedish, half in English, but as it’s a Swedish production, they sometimes get bits not quite right - the English subtleties, you know? I guess it’s the Swedish view of brits? Occasionally feels like they’ve missed a trick, but it’s pretty good.
    Quite amusing at times while also being occasionally dark. Good cast including Adam Godley in the lead English role. The characters ‘Klas’ and ‘Bill’ are great.

• Options
    Just watched Bosch season 4 on Amazon. Enjoyed it.
  • Options

Very thought provoking & made me glad that my grandkids don't attend an American High School.

Watched 'Love, Simon' yesterday and noticed that a couple of actors were also in 13 Reasons and then remembered your post so decided to give it go today. Just finished three episodes and think it is quite interesting. Very special way to tell a story. Will finish series one next week.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Tracey Ullman's new series is once again excellent, if you're interested in politics and current affairs.
    It's not full of belly laughs, but her make up is sublime and her jokes and wit are brilliantly observed and absolutely spot on.
    Most of the usual targets, Corbyn, Merkle, May, Gove, Sturgeon, Trump, plus NHS, equality etc etc.
  • Options

Watched 'Love, Simon' yesterday and noticed that a couple of actors were also in 13 Reasons and then remembered your post so decided to give it go today. Just finished three episodes and think it is quite interesting. Very special way to tell a story. Will finish series one next week.
    Ooh, thanks, Jessie.

Will take a look when we're back from our week away.
  • Options

Tracey Ullman's new series is once again excellent, if you're interested in politics and current affairs.
    It's not full of belly laughs, but her make up is sublime and her jokes and wit are brilliantly observed and absolutely spot on.
    Most of the usual targets, Corbyn, Merkle, May, Gove, Sturgeon, Trump, plus NHS, equality etc etc.

Loved the bit with Corbyn at the airport with Gerry Adams.......
  • Options

Loved the bit with Corbyn at the airport with Gerry Adams.......
    That’s the only part I saw, very funny.
  • Options
    for anyone who was watching Sense8, the 2 hour series finale is out on Friday, very much looking forward to this
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Anyone got any suggestions for Amazon prime video? Is there anything on there that is a must watch (preferably their 'original' content...)

Thanks

I recommend Mr Robot. There is a hell of lot going on in it but stick with it. I have got one last episode of season 3 to go. Christian Slater is brilliant in it as is the whole cast. Halfway through the Evil Genius series on Netflix after listening to the related Collar Bomb Heist on the Stuff You Should Know podcast.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lordy Lordy, Mr Robot.....Done. Wow.
  • Options
    Get Shorty...Sky Atlantic. Excellent. Very Tarantino like.
  • Options
    Staircase - absolutely fascinating and a real insight into legal, crime and courtroom processes in the US.
  • Options

Staircase - absolutely fascinating and a real insight into legal, crime and courtroom processes in the US.

Binged it all in 2 nights.

Thought it was better than making of a murderer.

• Options
    Anyone watched The Alienist on Netflix ? ( Apologies if I've missed any previous comments)

Started watching via my tablet whilst in Italy and completed the series on Friday evening.

Pretty dark but gripping IMO & not scifi as I first thought !

Well worth a look.
  • Options

I assume I need to watch from th 1st episode? Not just the latest 3?
  • Options

I assume I need to watch from th 1st episode? Not just the latest 3?
    Yup. Need to see all 13
  • Options
    2nd series of The Swingers starts on C4 tonight. First series was good. Dutch with subtitles.
  • Options
    Finished the 3rd season of All or Nothing featuring the Dallas Cowboys. I was really impressed with Jason Garret as a coach and the way he motivated his players. Always got his points across on what he wanted from the players and when things weren’t going his way still kept a cool head.
  • Options
    Goliath season 2 is now on Amazon. Billy Bob Thornton is superb as always. Quality show with a good ensemble.