Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Talal said:

Anyone sticking with Westworld? Somehow I am. Not got a fecking clue what's going on though. Shame it's gone this way.

Got fed up with it in the first series. A load of slow, boring toss frankly.
  • Options
    Talal said:

Anyone sticking with Westworld? Somehow I am. Not got a fecking clue what's going on though. Shame it's gone this way.

Not seen episode 4 yet but I’m on the verge of ditching it.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Missed It said:

Talal said:

This not even bothered with this series

I see Humans has started again, half watched first episode of new series the other day a bit more watchable then westworld imo and pretty similar.

Old but been re-watching all the skins lately, bit trash tv really but i enjoy them. Also Geordie shore is back in Oz, gives you an idea of the rubbish i watch lol

PS- Finished OITB so cant wait for season 6, season 5 was epic without going into any spoilers.
  • Options
    Any perverts like me watching the channel 5 series The Sex Business? Tonight's one is about prostitutes on the streets. The clip advertising it the brasses look horrendous. Proper would yas. Last night's dominatrix scenes were hilarious - included a bloke getting his cock and bollocks kicked in with her stilletos!
  • Options
    So The Bridge fans, what are your thoughts on the final season now it's a couple of episodes in?
  • Options

So The Bridge fans, what are your thoughts on the final season now it's a couple of episodes in?

It’s not grabbed me yet.
  • Options

Anyone see the BBC1 drama on sunday sbout Jeremy Thorpe ? The scene at his mum house with his young lover & the jar of vaseline had me in stitches.....

That makes two of you....
  • Options

Enjoying in wallowing in the scandi world but the cliffhanger ending to episode one was totally pointless.
  • Options

Talal said:

stopped watching it after the 3rd episode. gone the same way as Lost.
    I ditched it the same time, found it hard to follow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I've seen the whole series, as you have, so I am also interested in others' viewpoints.

Quite enjoying Salamander 2...it's not at The Bridge/Spiral level but I enjoy the way it continues to depict something deeply rotten in the heart of Belgian politics, as well as being a good yarn. And I just realised that Geradi switches effortlessly from French to Flemish according to what kind of Belgian he is addressing.

• Options

Missed It said:

Talal said:

This not even bothered with this series

I see Humans has started again, half watched first episode of new series the other day a bit more watchable then westworld imo and pretty similar.

Old but been re-watching all the skins lately, bit trash tv really but i enjoy them. Also Geordie shore is back in Oz, gives you an idea of the rubbish i watch lol

PS- Finished OITB so cant wait for season 6, season 5 was epic without going into any spoilers.
    Watched series 1 thought it was brilliant.

Watched half of series 2 thought it was crap and stoppes watching

Watching none of series 3
    Agree 1st series was brilliant and it wasn't so good, although easy to watch. Similar to Westworld in my book but a bit easier to watch.
  • Options
    Finished the second series of 13 reasons why last night. Very dark and the last episode had some really unnecessary subjects in including a really graphic scene. Think they tried to fit in too much, although the acting was spot on again.
  • Options

I've seen the whole series, as you have, so I am also interested in others' viewpoints.

Quite enjoying Salamander 2...it's not at The Bridge/Spiral level but I enjoy the way it continues to depict something deeply rotten in the heart of Belgian politics, as well as being a good yarn. And I just realised that Geradi switches effortlessly from French to Flemish according to what kind of Belgian he is addressing.

And straight into Tourettes if addressing Belgian multiple football club owners.
  • Options

Finished the second series of 13 reasons why last night. Very dark and the last episode had some really unnecessary subjects in including a really graphic scene. Think they tried to fit in too much, although the acting was spot on again.

I started the other week watched episode 1, was ok just havent had the time to continue.
  • Options
    Late to the party, but just seen first 4 episodes of Stranger Things.

Not gripped by it yet though.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Gets good. Preferred the 2nd series.
  • Options

Thank god you spelt that one correct!!!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Watched the first series thought it was complete and utter crap so haven't bothered since. Songs of Praise is more watchable.
  • Options

I’m about 4 episodes in at the moment and it seems like they’re trying to cram in every relevant teen issue/problem they can think of, it’s starting to grate a bit.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone watching The Split on BBC1 ? Entertaining stuff, better than average.
  • Options

Anyone watching The Split on BBC1 ? Entertaining stuff, better than average.

Yeah enjoying it. Bit "everyone is as bad as each other" but it's well scripted and we'll acted.
  • Options

Anyone see the BBC1 drama on sunday sbout Jeremy Thorpe ? The scene at his mum house with his young lover & the jar of vaseline had me in stitches.....

"hop onto all fours....." lol

Hugh Grant is excellent as Thorpe. Who'd've thought it?
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Couldn’t see any comments on it, so sorry if it’s been mentioned before, but Ladyromford and I decided to watch “Santa Clarita Diet” a few days ago and we think it’s great.
    We’ve now binge-watched both of the 2 seasons so far and we think it’s just getting better. Drew Barrymore and Timothy Olyphant are perfectly cast and even the supporting cast works well.
    One of my biggest bugbears with tv shows is when you find yourself not caring whether the protagonist lives or dies. In this show, I find I’m genuinely rooting for them every episode.
    Well written, excellent characters, sometimes totally gross, very silly at times and makes me laugh out loud, which is very rare for me!
    Highly recommended.
  • Options
    Redskin said:

Hugh Grant is excellent in everything he does, it's just not all that he does is excellent.

His portrayal of Thorpe is uncanny. Excellent period drama, looking forward to the infamous trial being dramatised. It was George Carman's first high profile case which led him to an extraordinarily successful career and the Judge's even more extraordinary performance was famously parodied by Peter Cook in the Secret Policeman's Ball.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Riviera said:

Redskin said:

Hugh Grant is excellent in everything he does, it's just not all that he does is excellent.

His portrayal of Thorpe is uncanny. Excellent period drama, looking forward to the infamous trial being dramatised. It was George Carman's first high profile case which led him to an extraordinarily successful career and the Judge's even more extraordinary performance was famously parodied by Peter Cook in the Secret Policeman's Ball.
    brilliant parody by Peter Cook....some classic one-liners

• Options
    edited May 2018

Thank god you spelt that one correct!!!
    Correctly!!!
  • Options
    Just finished Evil Genius on Netflix, true crime documentary explaining a very unusual crime. Interesting story. Starting the new season of 13 Reasons Why now.
  • Options
    Not sure if this one has been mentioned before but we have just finished the 9 parter 'Tabula Rasa' a Belgium thriller on Channel 4 catch up. Described as the mother of all twisted thrillers and I would not argue with that.
    Definitely recommend this one.
  • Options
    Just finished The Looming Tower on Amazon, very watchable.