Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Struggled my way through Altered Carbon. Pretty to look at but undone by a terrible script and some dogshit acting
  • Options

Struggled my way through Altered Carbon. Pretty to look at but undone by a terrible script and some dogshit acting

great concept poorly executed.
  • Options
    I’ve just finished the South Korean show “Stranger” on Netflix. It’s a ‘whodunnit’ murder mystery in Seoul entangled with political and police corruption.

Its 16 episodes are all over an hour long, so it’s a fairly big commitment but well worth it if you’re into mysteries or thrillers.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

I’ve just finished the South Korean show “Stranger” on Netflix. It’s a ‘whodunnit’ murder mystery in Seoul entangled with political and police corruption.

Its 16 episodes are all over an hour long, so it’s a fairly big commitment but well worth it if you’re into mysteries or thrillers.

I end up watching far too much K-drama on Netflix. 'Stranger' is a good one
  • Options
    Missed It said:

RedPanda said:

I end up watching far too much K-drama on Netflix. 'Stranger' is a good one
    I'm a bit ignorant of them to be honest. Any others you'd recommend on there? Cheers
  • Options
    If you liked 'Stranger', you might want to try ‘Black’ which is a supernatural, serial killer detective drama.

A few others:

‘Bad Guys’ – good guys team up with bad guys to catch even worse guys

If you ever worked in an office 'Misaeng' shows its just the same, if not worse, in Korea

The love a romcom in Korea. 'Strong Girl Bong Soon' and 'Oh My Ghost' are light hearted rom com/supernatural/murder mystery mashups, and actress Park Bo Young is v nice.

Not TV, but movies:

If you like horror try 'Train to Busan' or 'The Wailing'

'The Villianess' is a 'Nikita' knock off but still good action-packed fun
  • Options
    Thank you. I've seen a few Korean films, 'Memories of Murder' is my favourite. I've added your recommendations to my watch list, cheers.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Thank you. I've seen a few Korean films, 'Memories of Murder' is my favourite. I've added your recommendations to my watch list, cheers.

No problem. I've put Memories of Murder on my DVD rental list, thanks
  • Options
    Killing Eve

I'm three episodes in and it's great so far. Well worth a watch
  • Options

Killing Eve

I'm three episodes in and it's great so far. Well worth a watch

That was the first series in ages that I made a point of watching. Can’t wait for the next series.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What to do on a Friday night now The Bridge has finished. Excellent as always.
  • Options
    Tried Stranger but cant stand watching things in subtitles.

Moving onto The Staircase now
  • Options
    Love this thread, has made me watch so much I wouldnt have watched otherwise
  • Options
    Just finished season 4 of the bridge. As the season progressed the drama of 'who dunnit' took a back seat, for me, to the story of the leads. Would Saga live or die? Would Henrik find his daughters? As it turns out the writer felt the same way. The serial killer element was fairly predictable and ultimately was usurped by character development. I enjoyed it. You could wallow in Saga's world, laugh at her bluntness, be moved by her search for meaning and truth. I'll be revisiting the box set at some point in the future.
  • Options
    Just back from holiday so caught up with the last two episodes of the Bridge. Superb stuff. Fully agree with your thoughts @johnny73.
  • Options
    Stop watching The Bridge after the 4th episode.

I thought the 2 homeless girls might have been his missing daughters.....yes/no ??
  • Options

I thought the 2 homeless girls might have been his missing daughters.....yes/no ??

No.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

You watched 3 seasons and 4 episodes of some of the best TV of the last 10 years and then gave up with just 4 shows to go?

Why in earth wouldn’t you finish it to find out what happens instead of come on here to ask?
  • Options

johnny73 said:

Just finished season 4 of the bridge. As the season progressed the drama of 'who dunnit' took a back seat, for me, to the story of the leads. Would Saga live or die? Would Henrik find his daughters? As it turns out the writer felt the same way. The serial killer element was fairly predictable and ultimately was usurped by character development. I enjoyed it. You could wallow in Saga's world, laugh at her bluntness, be moved by her search for meaning and truth. I'll be revisiting the box set at some point in the future.

Pretty much agree with this. Personally I always wanted Season 4 to be mainly about the search for Henrik’s daughters and his and Saga’s relationship, so the murder mystery was always a bit more of a distraction than anything else.

Seasons 2 and 3 were the best ones imho, there were a few slightly cliched bits in this series, and the first one we were still getting to love Saga, but they handled the character stuff in this season very well and we got a fairly satisfying happy ending, at least by Scandinavian standards. Much loved TV series can often still be ruined by a crap ending and they avoided anything like that and left the ‘box set’ untarnished.

8/10 for the season, 9.5/10 for the 4 seasons as a whole. Right up there with my favourite ever shows. Will miss that eerie theme tune, long coat, and khaki Porsche.
    How could you forget the leather trousers?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Recently watched on iplayer a BBC Wales drama called Keeping Faith. Was a really good watch and deserved to be on BBC 1 or 2. Now watching another BBC Wales drama called Hidden, part Welsh language and sub titled but four episodes in and it too is really good. I'd recommend both, certainly whiles away a long train journey.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Taskmaster series 7 contestants revealed

James Acaster
    Jessie Knappett
    Phil Wang
    Kerry Godliman
    Rhod Gilbert

• Options
    @Fanny Fanackapan
    This is us season 2 started tonight on More 4 in case you have not already seen it.
  • Options

James Acaster
    Jessie Knappett
    Phil Wang
    Kerry Godliman
    Rhod Gilbert

Who?
    Who?
    Who?
    Who?
    Who?
  • Options
    James Acaster is class. I must have watched his cabbage story on WILTY about a hundred times.
  • Options

James Acaster
    Jessie Knappett
    Phil Wang
    Kerry Godliman
    Rhod Gilbert

Who?
    Who?
    Who?
    Who?
    Who?

Rhod Gilbert is 1 of my favourite comedians

James Acaster is funny seen him on Mock the Week alot

Kerry Godliman seen her a couple of times on panel shows she can be quite funny

Other 2 never heard off
  • Options
    That is a fantastic line up.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

@Fanny Fanackapan
    This is us season 2 started tonight on More 4 in case you have not already seen it.

Thanks, MOL.

This automatically recorded as we had series link on the 1st.

Due to watch later as started the 6 parter Secret City last night......and then watched the whole lot !

Would def recommend this one.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

@Fanny Fanackapan

Thanks, MOL.

This automatically recorded as we had series link on the 1st.

Due to watch later as started the 6 parter Secret City last night......and then watched the whole lot !

Would def recommend this one.
    I've never cried so much for a fictional character's death... It was so heart-breaking for me to see the Pearson family's reactions to the tragedy. I cried during watching the episode of the funeral and even it was over it took me over twenty minutes to stop crying and calm down. :cry:
  • Options
    what !
    He dies ?