Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options

Got 1 episode of Get Shorty to watch and dont want to watch it as dont want it to be over.
    Sharp Objects, finished the book and enjoying the programme and how they made it come to life.

Picnic at Hanging Rock finished yesterday. I dont think there was a single episode where i either ended up on here reading or falling asleep or both.

Anyone watching Succession with Brian Cox ? we have recorded it all but not started yet.

Succession is absolutely brilliant. Early days but if it retains the quality of the five episodes I've seen so far it will be have a place in the all time greats.

I've just got one episode of Get Shorty to watch as well. I think the cast makes it more than anything else.

Also just about to finish the second season of Goliath which is very watchable.

• Options
    Croydon said:

Just started Ozark on Netflix. 2 episodes in and I recommend it.

It’s excellent and gets better as it goes on.
  • Options
    Ozark is really good.
    Before We Die is better!

Anyone know how to watch Handmaid's Tale Series 2? Need from episode 7 onwards and not on All4.
  • Options

looking for new series to watch on netflix, heard Power is decent so might start watching that? Alot of pages on thread so hard to read back at reviews.

Just finished Orange is new black new series, 13 reasons why before, both very good. Still go back to GOT every so often and rewatch.

Power is excellent but I’d say Narcos or El Chapo .
    Never heard of either, whats better? would you put ahead of power or all along the same level

PS- also any older series like Breaking bad, never seen. I watched first 2 of House of cards which i enjoyed but never got round to the rest.
    Narcos is superb. Hadn't heard of El Chapo, but if it's like Narcos, I'll definitely take a look
  • Options

looking for new series to watch on netflix, heard Power is decent so might start watching that? Alot of pages on thread so hard to read back at reviews.

Just finished Orange is new black new series, 13 reasons why before, both very good. Still go back to GOT every so often and rewatch.

Power is excellent but I’d say Narcos or El Chapo .
    Never heard of either, whats better? would you put ahead of power or all along the same level

PS- also any older series like Breaking bad, never seen. I watched first 2 of House of cards which i enjoyed but never got round to the rest.
    Narcos is superb. Hadn't heard of El Chapo, but if it's like Narcos, I'll definitely take a look
    Thanks pal, started Power the other day. Its ok but not really getting into it as much as other ones, sort of half an eye for now but will continue and then next on list are Narcos/ El Chapo
  • Options
    Jints said:

Got 1 episode of Get Shorty to watch and dont want to watch it as dont want it to be over.
    Sharp Objects, finished the book and enjoying the programme and how they made it come to life.

Picnic at Hanging Rock finished yesterday. I dont think there was a single episode where i either ended up on here reading or falling asleep or both.

Anyone watching Succession with Brian Cox ? we have recorded it all but not started yet.

Succession is absolutely brilliant. Early days but if it retains the quality of the five episodes I've seen so far it will be have a place in the all time greats.

I've just got one episode of Get Shorty to watch as well. I think the cast makes it more than anything else.

Also just about to finish the second season of Goliath which is very watchable.

Liked Succession too. If you liked the first five episodes you'll love the next five.

• Options

Bodyguard starts on BBC1 on Sunday 26th
    Makers of Line Of Duty. Looks good.

Starts tonight @ 9pm on BBC 1
    Episode two is tomorrow
  • Options

Episode two is tomorrow
    Good start but the ultimate question is will he kill her or shag her?
  • Options

Episode two is tomorrow
    Love it already !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Episode two is tomorrow
    Good start but the ultimate question is will he kill her or shag her?
    Both......but not sure in which order?!?
  • Options
    Got Bodyguard recorded, glad to hear people have enjoyed it. BTW How pathetic was it of Channel 5 to schedule the film "The Bodyguard" right up against it?
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Got Bodyguard recorded, glad to hear people have enjoyed it. BTW How pathetic was it of Channel 5 to schedule the film "The Bodyguard" right up against it?

They didnt
    Bodyguard was on bbc 9-10
    The BodyGuard was on channel 5 at 10
  • Options
    Not sold on The Bodyguard yet. He comes across as a real dick. Surely for this team (Line of Duty) the way it's heading is far too obvious. Expecting and hoping for some major plot twists. Ticked many BBC boxes though.
  • Options

They didnt
    Nowadays when so many people record to watch at their own leisure that's "up against it". I noticed it because it was so conspicuous on my TV guide. Almost as if C5 want to pick viewers who are too thick to see what they are selecting.

Do you think it's just a coincidence?

• Options

They didnt
    Nowadays when so many people record to watch at their own leisure that's "up against it". I noticed it because it was so conspicuous on my TV guide. Almost as if C5 want to pick viewers who are too thick to see what they are selecting.

Thats 1st sentence contradicts itself, if its been recorded to watch at there own leisure then how can it be up against something else.

The 2nd part, is it suspicious or good planning, people watch the TV Programme and it makes them think of the movie, luckily its on channel 5 straight away to watch
  • Options

They didnt

Thats 1st sentence contradicts itself, if its been recorded to watch at there own leisure then how can it be up against something else.

The 2nd part, is it suspicious or good planning, people watch the TV Programme and it makes them think of the movie, luckily its on channel 5 straight away to watch
    Well alright, I think that's a bit generous to C5, but maybe you're right.

• Options
    Personally thought the Bodyguard (series) was a load of old dross.
  • Options
    Not the best start for Bodyguard but think it should get better. Will definitely give it another episode.

Seen a few recommending Power, not enjoying the latest series but would definitely recommend to people, Series 2 and 3 were really good TV imo.
  • Options
    OMG, "Sharp Objects." If this is on in England, watch it. 8 Episodes. A one-off show. No season two. Amy Adams. HBO. The last 10 seconds and closing credits of episode 8 are among the most disturbing and scary things I've ever seen. Jaw on floor.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Castle Rock. It's based on Stephen King locations and characters, but not written by him. It's weird, a little spooky, very Stephen King. We're 6 episodes in, and enjoying it.
  • Options
    Quite enjoyed first episode of Bodyguard. The main character is a bit hard to warm to so far, but there's some good drama and observation of the UK political class.
  • Options
    Meanwhile I have been checking on favourite Euro- dramas. I see that the Norwegian drama Occupied has been running series 2 on Sky Atlantic, anyone been watching?

It looks like series 7 of the peerless French police drama Spiral is shooting, as is a less well known French spy drama, The Bureau, personally can't waste for both.

There will also be a new series of the Icelandic drama Trapped.

Have I missed any of the Euro drama genre?
  • Options

OMG, "Sharp Objects." If this is on in England, watch it. 8 Episodes. A one-off show. No season two. Amy Adams. HBO. The last 10 seconds and closing credits of episode 8 are among the most disturbing and scary things I've ever seen. Jaw on floor.

Yep, been watching this. Great ending & knew there had to be a twist at the end.
  • Options

Yep, been watching this. Great ending & knew there had to be a twist at the end.
    Golfie, you know everything!
  • Options

Meanwhile I have been checking on favourite Euro- dramas. I see that the Norwegian drama Occupied has been running series 2 on Sky Atlantic, anyone been watching?

It looks like series 7 of the peerless French police drama Spiral is shooting, as is a less well known French spy drama, The Bureau, personally can't waste for both.

Wow I didn't realise there was going to be another Series of Spiral. Coming soon on All 4 is the third series of the excellent Spanish prison drama Locked Up.

Don't have Sky Atlantic so will try to see the second series of Occupied another way. Cheers for the heads up.
  • Options
    Segregated America - A School in the South

Just watched this series of documentaries on IPlayer - about a school in South Carolina where the intake is majority African-American. A fascinating insight into the problems faced by the school and the local community - beautifully shot and a great piece of documentary making.

The head teacher faces an uphill battle but comes across as a man of great compassion.
  • Options

Wow I didn't realise there was going to be another Series of Spiral. Coming soon on All 4 is the third series of the excellent Spanish prison drama Locked Up.

Don't have Sky Atlantic so will try to see the second series of Occupied another way. Cheers for the heads up.
    I don't have any Sky either. They can do one. I'd think it will be available via "other channels". I will seek it out and let you know if I find it. It took me a while to get hold of "Flight of HS13" with English subs, so we might have to be patient.

• Options
    Watched the first 2 series of Unforgotten & about to start the 3rd. Really good