Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options

Watched the first 2 series of Unforgotten & about to start the 3rd. Really good

Just started the second one and really enjoying. The lead character is understated and feels more real than most cop show leads.
  • Options
    Agree with previous comments on Bodyguard. Loads of artistic licence but watchable.

Got half way through the first episode of Instinct with Alan Cumming but got bored very quickly.
  • Options
    bbob said:

Just started the second one and really enjoying. The lead character is understated and feels more real than most cop show leads.
    Really enjoyed the 2nd series. I think both detective characters are great & work well together
  • Options

First episode of Bodyguard was ok.
    The second was excellent.

Blimey. Just watched it. You weren't wrong there.

• Options

Bodyguard starts on BBC1 on Sunday 26th
    Makers of Line Of Duty. Looks good.

Starts tonight @ 9pm on BBC 1
    Episode two is tomorrow
    Good start but the ultimate question is will he kill her or shag her?
    Both......but not sure in which order?!?
    I am now
  • Options

I can’t remember if I’ve seen this...
  • Options
    Unforgotten was a good watch although it got a bit cliche when it veered into serial killer territory. And most of the last two parts appeared to focus on the mental disintegration of the female cop lead (who would have been suspended for gross misconduct for losing a file leading to death of a suspect).

As opposed to the Bodyguard where all the strong characters are the females and the lead action man may be the one heading for disintegration (with the odd shag with Mrs Durrell thrown in). Great set pieces in first two episodes.

Only thing that jarred a bit was that odd - and very clumsy - bag carrier in the first episode. Thought she got off lightly after spilling hot coffee over her minister. Have seen juniors torn apart verbally for much, much less by politicians. And talking to a reporter!?!? If she was a civil servant then I would have thought she would have taken the pledge (ie official secrets Act). Maybe they don't have to anymore.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    With reference to bodyguard, why do estranged blokes always have to live in such miserable gaffs without so much as a free newspaper, the wireless playing, crockery left waiting to be washed up, a cat, washing on a dryer, and a few plants, and a it is always lit by a 10 watt lightbulb?
  • Options

Castle Rock. It's based on Stephen King locations and characters, but not written by him. It's weird, a little spooky, very Stephen King. We're 6 episodes in, and enjoying it.

Hi, @blackheathaddick

As an avid SK fan, I was interested to read this post & tonight have been trying to find where I can access the series.

Any help would be gratefully received, thanks.
  • Options

Castle Rock. It's based on Stephen King locations and characters, but not written by him. It's weird, a little spooky, very Stephen King. We're 6 episodes in, and enjoying it.

Hi, @blackheathaddick

As an avid SK fan, I was interested to read this post & tonight have been trying to find where I can access the series.

Any help would be gratefully received, thanks.
    Me too
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Castle Rock is on Hulu in the US but hasn't been picked up by a UK outlet yet.
    It's available on streaming sites if you can't wait
  • Options
    Yeah, I managed to get it on a torrent site from Hulu for this reason. I might be able to sort you out once it's finished if you don't manage to get it before then. I have it saved down to hard drive. It's 7 episodes in (8th may have dropped last night) but I'm not sure how many episodes there are.

On a separate note I'm on the 3rd season of Unforgotten at the moment, which I really enjoy. Think the main lady plays the part really well.
  • Options

Yeah, I managed to get it on a torrent site from Hulu for this reason. I might be able to sort you out once it's finished if you don't manage to get it before then. I have it saved down to hard drive. It's 7 episodes in (8th may have dropped last night) but I'm not sure how many episodes there are.

yeah, episode 8 of 10 aired last night. Second series already confirmed.
  • Options
    Just finished watching a BBC drama based in Wales called ‘Keeping Faith” about a man who goes missing from the family home and work.

Thought it was a decent enough series if you can tolerate the welsh dialect at times.
  • Options
    Thought the Keep Faith accents were rather good. But the plot - SO SLOW. The series could have been wrapped up in two episodes. Probably over one hour of air time is taken up with shots of the star of the programme staring somewhere...out to sea, in the mirror, at her steering wheel, at the wall, whatever.
  • Options
    Watched Unforgotten over the last couple of nights ... thought it was excellent series.
  • Options
    Has anyone seen Collateral with Nicola Walker from Unforgiven? I was just about to download it all in Netflix having download the first episode a few weeks ago only to discover that it’s now “unavailable in your area”. Waaah!
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Has anyone seen Collateral with Nicola Walker from Unforgiven? I was just about to download it all in Netflix having download the first episode a few weeks ago only to discover that it’s now “unavailable in your area”. Waaah!

Yeah, best programme I've ever seen. :smile:

Actually, it was pretty good.
  • Options
    First 4 episodes of Better Call Saul season 3 have been pretty good. Hopefully it follows the same pattern as Breaking Bad and ups the pace after the first 2 seasons
  • Options

First 4 episodes of Better Call Saul season 3 have been pretty good. Hopefully it follows the same pattern as Breaking Bad and ups the pace after the first 2 seasons

Season 4
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Season 4
    So it is. 1 of the first 3 seasons must have been really shit!
  • Options
    Anyone watched the new Amazon series Jack Ryan? I was looking forward to it and today it's finally released. I just watched two episodes and it seems to be one of the best/entertaining series I've watched in recent years. Not sure if the rest six episodes are equally good but seeing as the series has already been renewed for a second season by Amazon I assume they're pleased with this first season overall.
  • Options
    Ozark season 2 is on now on Netflix.

I started and finished season 1 over the last couple of weeks and would say it's easily one of the best series on the platform.
  • Options

3rd was even better.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

3rd was even better.
    Bag o shyte!

I have the same problem with this as I did with line of duty. I got pelters then and told I should just take it for what it was. A piece of harmless entertainment.
    I just can't agree. The beeb spend millions on these things. The least they can do is come up with some semi real possibilities.

Plots got more holes in it than a pair of Roland's socks. And I've complete lost it.

It's just lazy lazy screen writing.

'The shadow line' was a fantastic series a few years back and they have been trying to recreate it ever since ....and get absolutely nowhere near.
  • Options

Riviera said:

3rd was even better.
    Bag o shyte!

I have the same problem with this as I did with line of duty. I got pelters then and told I should just take it for what it was. A piece of harmless entertainment.
    I just can't agree. The beeb spend millions on these things. The least they can do is come up with some semi real possibilities.

Plots got more holes in it than a pair of Roland's socks. And I've complete lost it.

'The shadow line' was a fantastic series a few years back and they have been trying to recreate it ever since ....and get absolutely nowhere near.
    Why do you bother watching TV?
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Riviera said:

3rd was even better.
    Bag o shyte!

Why do you bother watching TV?
    so he can come on here & moan.....
  • Options
    It’s like rain on your wedding day.....
  • Options
    Not 100% current but I hugely recommend Santa Clarita Diet to those who like a chuckle.
  • Options
    Will keep watching the Bodyguard although underwhelmed with it. I don't think it is anywhere near as good as Line of Duty. What bodyguard would leave his principle in the car whilst he went off lone up to the roof after the gunman? Lots of other mistakes and things that are not realsistic. But still watchable