Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Any Sons of Anarchy fans here?

Mayans MC is now on BBC, but completely under the radar - I think a couple of episodes have already been shown (Saturdays on BB2), however whole series looks like it is on iPlayer now
  • Options
    Series 4 of The Bureau (French spy drama) is just as good as the previous series. Which means, very good. The BBC missed a huge trick not grabbing it. But hey, we got The Little Drummer Girl :-)

Episode 6 starts by announcing we are in Raqqa, Syria. The mind boggles that they really went there to film but bloody hell if that was just a set, it was one hell of a big set. A lot of the action in the series takes place in Moscow and that is deffo for real and I think they may not have provided an entirely honest draft of the scripts to the Russian authorities.
  • Options
    Struggling with Series 2 of Tin Star.....
  • Options

We didn’t make it through the first episode.
  • Options

New series of Endeavour, Thursday on a Sunday.

eh ?
  • Options
    I've watched the first couple of episodes of Russian Doll. Excellent so far.
  • Options
    Black sails anyone? Just started watching it as Mrs SB is into pirates. Quite enjoyed episode 1 but don’t think it’s going to hold my attention.
  • Options

Mayans MC is now on BBC, but completely under the radar - I think a couple of episodes have already been shown (Saturdays on BB2), however whole series looks like it is on iPlayer now

Massive SOA fan but heard this one is a bit weak. Will probably give it a shot at some point.
  • Options

Massive SOA fan but heard this one is a bit weak. Will probably give it a shot at some point.
    I've watched the first 3, its ok but it's not SOA. Going to give it time, hope it gets going.
  • Options
    bbob said:

I've watched the first 3, its ok but it's not SOA. Going to give it time, hope it gets going.
    Only one episode in but it just feels like a bit of a less enjoyable rehash of SOA. Will watch the next couple of episodes with an open mind.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:

se9addick said:

Has anyone watched F is for Family on Netflix? I’ve ploughed through the first three seasons in record time. Kind of like a ruder King of the Hill animated series, really enjoyed it.

Thought the third series was weak in comparison to the first two. The scene where Bill is under the bed while his parents are at it is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

If you're a fan of FIFF, I recommend Big Mouth
    @Croydon - many thanks for the recommendation of Big Mouth, it’s fantastic! Almost finished season 2, anything similar out there you’d recommend watching once we’re done with this?
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    se9addick said:

Croydon said:

se9addick said:

Has anyone watched F is for Family on Netflix? I’ve ploughed through the first three seasons in record time. Kind of like a ruder King of the Hill animated series, really enjoyed it.

Thought the third series was weak in comparison to the first two. The scene where Bill is under the bed while his parents are at it is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

@Croydon - many thanks for the recommendation of Big Mouth, it’s fantastic! Almost finished season 2, anything similar out there you’d recommend watching once we’re done with this?
    Glad you’re enjoying it! I’m assuming you’ve seen Rick and Morty and Bojack Horseman, but if not those are worth a watch.

I’d heard good things about Paradise PD, but I’ve only watched the first episode and didn’t feel compelled to continue . I didn’t really give it a chance though so that may be one to add to the list!
  • Options

We didn’t make it through the first episode.
    I've binned it off now too....ridiculous storylines
  • Options
    Croydon said:

se9addick said:

Croydon said:

se9addick said:

Glad you’re enjoying it! I’m assuming you’ve seen Rick and Morty and Bojack Horseman, but if not those are worth a watch.

I’d heard good things about Paradise, but I’ve only watched the first episode and didn’t feel compelled to continue . I didn’t really give it a chance though so that may be one to add to the list!
    Deffinately give it more time, the first episode is the weakest, imo
  • Options
    Anyone watched the HBO series Succession? I didn't know about it until yesterday when I had just watched Adam McKay's Vice. I just finished the first episode and felt I haven't watched a pilot this good for a long time. I don't know if the rest is as good but I'll certainly be binging it in the next few days.
  • Options
    Series 4 of The Bureau (French spy drama) is just as good as the previous series. Which means, very good. The BBC missed a huge trick not grabbing it. But hey, we got The Little Drummer Girl :-) Episode 6 starts by announcing we are in Raqqa, Syria. The mind boggles that they really went there to film but bloody hell if that was just a set, it was one hell of a big set. A lot of the action in the series takes place in Moscow and that is deffo for real and I think they may not have provided an entirely honest draft of the scripts to the Russian authorities.
    Series 4 of The Bureau (French spy drama) is just as good as the previous series. Which means, very good. The BBC missed a huge trick not grabbing it. But hey, we got The Little Drummer Girl :-) Episode 6 starts by announcing we are in Raqqa, Syria. The mind boggles that they really went there to film but bloody hell if that was just a set, it was one hell of a big set. A lot of the action in the series takes place in Moscow and that is deffo for real and I think they may not have provided an entirely honest draft of the scripts to the Russian authorities.

just finished Series 1 of 'The Bureau' .. (I am well behind) .. as good as 'Spiral' another French piece de resistance ((:>)
  • Options
    Finished Russian Doll last night, really enjoyed it, completely different to any programme I've watched before. worth a watch
  • Options
    Stuck with Cleaning Up but really wished I hadn’t. Biggest pile of dross for ages.
  • Options
    rina said:
    Finished Russian Doll last night, really enjoyed it, completely different to any programme I've watched before. worth a watch
    Just started this. Enjoying it. 
  • Options
    True detective is still holding my attention.....but can the 2 main charactors NOT FUCKING MUMBLE !!!
    I think that might be more to do with us ageing and our hearing going rather than the actors mumbling.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've watched the first couple of episodes of Russian Doll. Excellent so far.
    Same hear.  Weird but excellent.
  • Options
    True detective is still holding my attention.....but can the 2 main charactors NOT FUCKING MUMBLE !!!
    I think that might be more to do with us ageing and our hearing going rather than the actors mumbling.
    Pardon ? 
  • Options
    Stuck with Cleaning Up but really wished I hadn’t. Biggest pile of dross for ages.
    Pleased with the fact I can now spot these turkeys a mile off.
  • Options
    I'm totally confused as to why anyone has stuck with this. I watched half an episode not really knowing what it was, discovered it was about folding clothes, stopped watching

There's obviously something to it as it's a huge success, personally though I just can't figure it out
  • Options
    You are confusing two different programmes. 

We we are relaxing about Cleaning Up on itv. - a ‘drama’ re bunch of office cleaners and insider trading. 

Think you are talking about a decluttering programme on Netflix. 
  • Options
    The Punisher, Season 2, Episode 1.  Very violent, sets up what I presume will be the story for the season.  Jon Bernthal is does a nice line in monosyllabic.  Thoroughly enjoyable, but did I mention it's very violent.
  • Options
    rina said:
    I'm totally confused as to why anyone has stuck with this. I watched half an episode not really knowing what it was, discovered it was about folding clothes, stopped watching

There's obviously something to it as it's a huge success, personally though I just can't figure it out
    That’s Tidying Up,not Cleaning Up
  • Options
    @MrOneLung @stackitsteve yep, cheers, I got a bit confused there though my comments still stand for the tidying programme- it's odd
  • Options
    Yep, seeing it through but it was a 3 episode max job and been very silly. 

Her tats are awful
  • Options

watched a Netflix documentary last night called 'Abducted in Plain Sight'

recommended to my missus by someone at work, so I thought why not and we watched it - only 90 mins long.......you literally couldn't have made it up if you tried

anyone seen it?