Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options

pretty sure this was mentioned a while ago on the thread- just binge watched Maniac, it's a gloriously weird series that reminded me a lot of Brazil. highly recommended
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    rina said:
    just seen the first episode of the new Das Boot. glad they're not just remaking the old series. seems good so far. 
    could you give an opinion after a few episodes please? I'd like to watch this but I'm worried about it ruining the movie for me as it's firmly in my top 10 all-time
    will do. probably catch another episode tomorrow. have to say it would be pretty difficult to be as good as the original series/film as that was superb. it certainly doesn't have the same claustrophobic and harrowing feel to it.  
    Thats why i think it's a good idea to base it a year after those events, to keep the production German (though Sky have produced it) and to have two major plots. (slight spoiler though you find this out in the first episode) one part of the plot is about a new sub crew and the other plot line is about the French resistance.

problem so far is that the characters are a bit wooden. still i'll keep with it and say what i think of it at a later date. 
  • Options
    rina said:
    just seen the first episode of the new Das Boot. glad they're not just remaking the old series. seems good so far. 
    could you give an opinion after a few episodes please? I'd like to watch this but I'm worried about it ruining the movie for me as it's firmly in my top 10 all-time
    will do. probably catch another episode tomorrow. have to say it would be pretty difficult to be as good as the original series/film as that was superb. it certainly doesn't have the same claustrophobic and harrowing feel to it.  
    Thats why i think it's a good idea to base it a year after those events, to keep the production German (though Sky have produced it) and to have two major plots. (slight spoiler though you find this out in the first episode) one part of the plot is about a new sub crew and the other plot line is about the French resistance.

problem so far is that the characters are a bit wooden. still i'll keep with it and say what i think of it at a later date. 
    My wife loved Das Boot the film so we started this at the weekend. I got up to the point where I saw Jaqen H'Gar and my mind melted, ironically I couldn't place the many faced god! 

It seems ok so far, I have never seen the film but I like the fact we can watch from the perspective of German sailors and I picked up the French ok to distinguish a different set of characters were in play. 

White Gold is returning soon and Game of Thrones is now closer than my next holiday which excites me. I just hope George RR Martin manages to live long enough to finish and publish the books 
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    For sci fi fans The Expanse on Amazon is well worth a go. Is on season 3 and has been renewed for a 4th.
  • Options
    johnny73 said:
    For sci fi fans The Expanse on Amazon is well worth a go. Is on season 3 and has been renewed for a 4th.
    I think this is the best sci-fi being made at the moment imo. It pivots each season into something new and gets bigger in scope. Thomas Jane is fantastic as Miller.
  • Options
    Catastrophe........loved this comedy. Not sure about the ending tonight. Did they drown?
  • Options
    It won’t win any awards, but there is something agreeable to me about Living The Dream. Find it very silly but a comfortable watch, helped by some excellent lead characters. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agree on Endeavour. Like the clash of genteel Morse policing with the 70's Sweeney types (note the connection). Fred Thursday one of the great TV characters.
    I love the consistency in the character development too.
    Strange is particularly good, as is the Pathologist Max and you can see the path that leads the to way they are in Morse.
    Love it
  • Options
    Shetland   :)
  • Options
    johnny73 said:
    I've read the books and really like them.
  • Options
    Shetland   :)

Really enjoyed Shetland. Never fails to deliver.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Derry Girls is brilliant as is Young Offenders ffenders. Recommend the latter, the bus and fridge episodes. Up alongside fork handles. 
  • Options
    Can anyone tell me the titles of the two pieces of music?  I recognise both but it's so long since I heard either I can't remember what they are.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Can anyone tell me the titles of the two pieces of music?  I recognise both but it's so long since I heard either I can't remember what they are.
    The Cranberries: Dream

https://youtu.be/Yam5uK6e-bQ
  • Options

and Urban Cookie Collective- The key, The Secret
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really enjoying escape from Dennemarra on sky atlantic.
  • Options
    Boy oh boy......that last episode of Cleaning Up really was a spectacle to behold. 
  • Options
    Boy oh boy......that last episode of Cleaning Up really was a spectacle to behold. 
    Kit off  ??
  • Options
    Come on @SuedeAdidas

Me you and A.N. Other - lets set up a cleaning business (just the 3 of us mind) and start ringing up all the law firms in the City that have 'a mergers and acquisitions department', to see if they need any cleaners, and then we can bug the offices and do some insider trading.

• Options
    About as exciting as it gets:

Part David Cameron, part Piers Morgan – Alan Partridge returns in time for Brexit

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Come on @SuedeAdidas

Me you and A.N. Other - lets set up a cleaning business (just the 3 of us mind) and start ringing up all the law firms in the City that have 'a mergers and acquisitions department', to see if they need any cleaners, and then we can bug the offices and do some insider trading.

Haha. It was sooooo bad that I couldn’t stop watching it.  
  • Options
    Agree on Endeavour. Like the clash of genteel Morse policing with the 70's Sweeney types (note the connection). Fred Thursday one of the great TV characters.
    I love the consistency in the character development too.
    Strange is particularly good, as is the Pathologist Max and you can see the path that leads the to way they are in Morse.
    Love it
    Agreed, a lot of care has gone into this
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Come on @SuedeAdidas

Haha. It was sooooo bad that I couldn’t stop watching it.  
    I gave up after the 2nd episode.....when she hid a phone in the a/c system above the traders desk. If you are ever going to be giving insider info you certainly wont be doing at your desk.....or even in your office. The plot had more holes than a sieve.
  • Options
    Cleaning Up - Utter tosh - before retirement I worked for an American Corporate Bank in Canary Wharf, saw my offices every episode but gave up after penultimate episode - totally unbelievable ...
  • Options

Thanks.