Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    What were people’s thoughts on the finale (and series) of true detective? 

I feel like the ‘crime’ was swept up in 10 mins and still want to know answers about Amelia amongst other things. 
    Disappointing finale to be fair . What went on in the whole 8 episodes seems irrelevant with that ending . 
    I enjoyed it overall though . 
  • Options
    After a new Netlflix series if anyone can suggest a good one?

Previous likes include Narcos, Ozark, Luther, Peaky Blinders, You, The Sinner, Haunting of Hill House etc

Preferably one that isn't over 2 series in, so that the task to catch-up isn't too daunting.

Ta
  • Options
    Started Big little lies last night , only one episode in so will see how i get on. A few attractive women so it has potential :) 
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Previous likes include Narcos, Ozark, Luther, Peaky Blinders, You, The Sinner, Haunting of Hill House etc

Preferably one that isn't over 2 series in, so that the task to catch-up isn't too daunting.

Ta
    I liked all of those. My recommendations would be El Chapo and Line of Duty.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Ta
    If you like You, go for 13 reasons why. Not quite the same but i believe you will like it, only 2 series to binge too. Orange is the new Black , or Power are the best 2 shows for me 
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Ta
    Russian Doll
    big little lies
    first series of Jessica Jones for David Tennants performance. 
  • Options
    What were people’s thoughts on the finale (and series) of true detective? 

I feel like the ‘crime’ was swept up in 10 mins and still want to know answers about Amelia amongst other things. 
    Disappointing finale to be fair . What went on in the whole 8 episodes seems irrelevant with that ending . 
    I enjoyed it overall though . 
    Ditto, guys.

In the end, it was rather a predictable way to explain what happened to the 2 kiddies & a bit "soft" IMO.

For me, neither of the follow up series were a patch on the original which was different, dark and starred the 2 perfect  actors for their roles. 
  • Options
    Not sure you really needed the Final episode after E7 it was pretty clear the way things had gone
  • Options
    Yeah I think I agree, I didn't feel like anything was closed. The 7 episodes previous in fact all 8 were good the ending was just a bit flat 

I also agree the last 2 series haven't been a patch on the first and the bastards teased us in one episode that Marty and Rust might show up and bust some heads or lead us into a 4th series where they pick this case up
  • Options
    What did people think of the True Detective finale? It was good but I preferred the first half of the season when it was a bit grittier and about the first investigation. As a whole it was obviously way better than season 2
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Just started True Detective season 3 - really good. 
  • Options
    The second series of American Gods is due to start soon on Amazon, watched the first series and struggled with it, will try a couple of episodes.
  • Options
    Really enjoying Umbrella Academy so far
  • Options
    SPOILER ALERT

Enjoying The Umbrella Academy but why didn't they take the chance to off Hazel and Cha-Cha after taking them out with the ice cream van?
  • Options
    Race across the world looks interesting. BBC2
  • Options
    Enjoyed that but shame that annoying Indian lady is out.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Enjoyed that but shame that [redacted] is out.

Cheers for the update. Perhaps you'd like to remove your spoiler?
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Last episode of Endeavour tonight. 

I honestly can't express just how much I've enjoyed the whole series....as indeed I have every one that's gone before.

Back in the day, the Beeb was famous for producing great, peerless drama. When we became friends with some wonderful people in LA 35 years ago, they told us how they loved these programmes & that the US had nothing comparable. 

But in this, and other instances, ITV has come up trumps, following on from the original Morse series which many of us lauded, and eventually missed so badly.

Endeavour, I believe has surpassed its forerunner, if indeed that was possible. 

The characters are so well drawn and yet have hidden depths which often surprise the viewer whilst the plots never fail to tax the viewer's grasp of how it will end. The actors are just brilliant IMO. 

Tonight was pure poetry, if indeed a drama can be thus described, leaving us as always, eager for more. 

Thank goodness there WILL be more ...next year.   

agree wholeheartedly. Thought last nights episode was outstanding.

Although ITV do some decent dramas they also have some right turkeys, the recent Cleaning Up being one and Grantchester another. It will be interesting to see how good Broadchurch lookalike The Bay is.

• Options
    Enjoyed that but shame that annoying Indian lady is out.
    Oh well . I don’t need to watch it now .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Last episode of Endeavour tonight. 

I honestly can't express just how much I've enjoyed the whole series....as indeed I have every one that's gone before.

Back in the day, the Beeb was famous for producing great, peerless drama. When we became friends with some wonderful people in LA 35 years ago, they told us how they loved these programmes & that the US had nothing comparable. 

But in this, and other instances, ITV has come up trumps, following on from the original Morse series which many of us lauded, and eventually missed so badly.

Endeavour, I believe has surpassed its forerunner, if indeed that was possible. 

The characters are so well drawn and yet have hidden depths which often surprise the viewer whilst the plots never fail to tax the viewer's grasp of how it will end. The actors are just brilliant IMO. 

Tonight was pure poetry, if indeed a drama can be thus described, leaving us as always, eager for more. 

Thank goodness there WILL be more ...next year.   
    Fully agree, great to watch ... and wonderful to see the development of the characters. Perfectly in line with how they turn out in Morse. 
  • Options
    The 'Losers' series on Netflix is an interesting watch - some great sporting stories on there. 
  • Options
    Finished Big Little lies yesterday, think i must have watched it in around a week as only 1 series, well worth the watch imo. A bit saucy but a good storyline and lots of great actors/actresses. 
  • Options
    Flying through the second series of Suburra.
  • Options
    Have watched the first 2 episodes of the Alan Partridge 'return' to TV.  Not sure about it - seems a bit over the top and trying too hard.  The critics seem to like it though.  Some of it comes over as a bit embarrassing but its probably supposed to,,,
  • Options
    Louis Theroux last night was good, although tough - The main guy they were following seemed innocent to me at first but was exposed as a massive sociopath by the end. Utter fruit loop, he needs help or locking up. The blonde lady at the end was very brave to talk about her experiences.

The new season of Fleabag started last night, really enjoyed the first episode. Actually funnier than I remembered. 
  • Options
    Baptiste is superb......but boy oh boy do you have to keep your wits about you.
    So fast moving, with characters new and old popping up in each segment of the ever changing story line at a rate of knots.
    Take your eyes off it for a split second and you’ll lose the plot completely. I record it and wind back sometimes to clarify what I’ve just seen as it’s so complicated and involved.
    Loving it though.......superbly written, acted and produced.
    Five star rating from me.
    3 episodes in and still not sure who the old guy is who is ion the run with the boy and the money.
  • Options
    Louis Theroux last night was good, although tough - The main guy they were following seemed innocent to me at first but was exposed as a massive sociopath by the end. Utter fruit loop, he needs help or locking up. The blonde lady at the end was very brave to talk about her experiences.

The new season of Fleabag started last night, really enjoyed the first episode. Actually funnier than I remembered. 
    I found it hard to believe how this guy got through a court case given how Louis got to him. The 'victim's' lawyer must have been pretty poor.

A fascinating and disturbing documentary.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Baptiste is superb......but boy oh boy do you have to keep your wits about you.
    So fast moving, with characters new and old popping up in each segment of the ever changing story line at a rate of knots.
    Take your eyes off it for a split second and you’ll lose the plot completely. I record it and wind back sometimes to clarify what I’ve just seen as it’s so complicated and involved.
    Loving it though.......superbly written, acted and produced.
    Five star rating from me.
    3 episodes in and still not sure who the old guy is who is ion the run with the boy and the money.
    Money that has now disappeared from the boot of his new car!!
    He’s a junkie and also the little boys grandfather......his dog found the bag with the million Euros in it buried on the plot of land somewhere outside Amsterdam where he lives.
    I also can’t remember who buried it there and why.....Christ it’s so bloody complicated!