Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Hole in Sunday viewing now that Endeavour is finished. Loved it when 'pelican man' was saved by young autograph hunters. And will miss Fred "mind how you go" Thursday and his anguish over taking a bung, sorry, taking a wrong direction.

Baptiste is so slow - and is twisting and turning all over the place.

Still haven't warmed to new Partridge vehicle. What was that medieval battle scene about?  
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Baptiste is superb......but boy oh boy do you have to keep your wits about you.
    So fast moving, with characters new and old popping up in each segment of the ever changing story line at a rate of knots.
    Take your eyes off it for a split second and you’ll lose the plot completely. I record it and wind back sometimes to clarify what I’ve just seen as it’s so complicated and involved.
    Loving it though.......superbly written, acted and produced.
    Five star rating from me.
    3 episodes in and still not sure who the old guy is who is ion the run with the boy and the money.
    Money that has now disappeared from the boot of his new car!!
    He’s a junkie and also the little boys grandfather......his dog found the bag with the million Euros in it buried on the plot of land somewhere outside Amsterdam where he lives.
    I also can’t remember who buried it there and why.....Christ it’s so bloody complicated!
    Is he a junkie?
    Thought it was his son, the boys father, that was the junkie.
  • Options
    Hole in Sunday viewing now that Endeavour is finished. Loved it when 'pelican man' was saved by young autograph hunters. And will miss Fred "mind how you go" Thursday and his anguish over taking a bung, sorry, taking a wrong direction.

Still haven't warmed to new Partridge vehicle. What was that medieval battle scene about?  
    I haven’t seen the 3rd episode of Baptiste yet, but I wouldn’t say it’s slow at all. The first two episodes and plenty enough content and sub plots.
  • Options
    Have been enjoying Baptiste but not sure about the personal twist at the end of episode three - felt a bit hackneyed.
  • Options
    Currently watching Dirty John, feel as it is a good program but a bit over hyped. 3 Episodes to go but it feels like the back stories stretch throughout episodes so much as they just wanted to make the series as long as they could. 

On another note, White Gold series 2 starts tonight on BBC. Was one of my favorite programs with the first series, re watched it quite a few times.
  • Options
    I'm happy that White Gold is back tonight 

The walking dead is annoyingly really slow and buildy uppy again no doubt aiming towards a big finish. They have some really good characters but are focussing on that idiotic idealist boy and his girlfriend rather than interesting characters like Negan and Darryl, they have done this big time jump twice now and only kissed on some bad shit having happened when they could have easily done some good catch ups on what happened rather than just giving us hints 

• Options
    Carter said:
    I'm happy that White Gold is back tonight 

The walking dead is annoyingly really slow and buildy uppy again no doubt aiming towards a big finish. They have some really good characters but are focussing on that idiotic idealist boy and his girlfriend rather than interesting characters like Negan and Darryl, they have done this big time jump twice now and only kissed on some bad shit having happened when they could have easily done some good catch ups on what happened rather than just giving us hints 

They've done the same as last season with White Gold and put the whole series on iPlayer to watch now.

Not sure why they do this and then play an episode a week on BBC 2. Surely it's lost viewing figures on a Wednesday evening as people won't wait each week to see the following episode.
  • Options
    I recommend Losers on Netflix. Reliving that French golfer's Open collapse was painful. 
  • Options

Slow......Jesus Christ mate it’s the ‘exact’ opposite, which is what makes it so hard to follow, yet for all that thoroughly engrossing.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Baptiste is superb......but boy oh boy do you have to keep your wits about you.
    So fast moving, with characters new and old popping up in each segment of the ever changing story line at a rate of knots.
    Take your eyes off it for a split second and you’ll lose the plot completely. I record it and wind back sometimes to clarify what I’ve just seen as it’s so complicated and involved.
    Loving it though.......superbly written, acted and produced.
    Five star rating from me.
    3 episodes in and still not sure who the old guy is who is ion the run with the boy and the money.
    Money that has now disappeared from the boot of his new car!!
    He’s a junkie and also the little boys grandfather......his dog found the bag with the million Euros in it buried on the plot of land somewhere outside Amsterdam where he lives.
    I also can’t remember who buried it there and why.....Christ it’s so bloody complicated!
    Is he a junkie?
    Thought it was his son, the boys father, that was the junkie.
    You know......I think you’re right Carly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    New 30 second trailer released ahead of tomorrow

Cant wait for this

• Options
    Watched it all yesterday and thought it was fantastic. 
    Brian Gittins character was brilliant. 
  • Options
    Watched it all yesterday and thought it was fantastic. 
    Brian Gittins character was brilliant. 
    The joke he done cracked me up. What do you get if you cross a disabled octupus with my ex wife?
    Watched the whole series over the weekend and thought it was pretty funny in places. The scene where he wanted to buy a kids meal made me laugh coz a similar thing happened to me only a few weeks ago.
    Im sure some people will not like it as there  are sad bits about grief and suicide and drug use but there are a surprising amount of laughs in between. Thought Diane Morgans character was good as was Joe Wilkinson as the postman. 
  • Options
    Deutschland 86 (sequel to D83) started Friday night on More4. Quite enjoyed it. It's not as highbrow or as dark as the typical Scandi dramas. 

Speaking of which, I think "Trapped", the Icelandic drama, is picking up after a slow start. It's quite amazing to see a portrayal of all our modern tensions -immigration, alienation between the metropolis and fhe countryside, influence of Far Right politics - depicted in an island of  hostile weather and 300,000 souls. 

I can't recall where I picked up the recco for the Finnish series "Bordertown", but I've deleted it. It's just too dark, copying all the shock tactics of the famous Scandis but forgetting to add the lighter touch such as Saga Noren's clumsy sex life or Martin Beck's eccentric neighbour. 
  • Options
    Deutschland 86 (sequel to D83) started Friday night on More4. Quite enjoyed it. It's not as highbrow or as dark as the typical Scandi dramas. 

Speaking of which, I think "Trapped", the Icelandic drama, is picking up after a slow start. It's quite amazing to see a portrayal of all our modern tensions -immigration, alienation between the metropolis and fhe countryside, influence of Far Right politics - depicted in an island of  hostile weather and 300,000 souls. 

I can't recall where I picked up the recco for the Finnish series "Bordertown", but I've deleted it. It's just too dark, copying all the shock tactics of the famous Scandis but forgetting to add the lighter touch such as Saga Noren's clumsy sex life or Martin Beck's eccentric neighbour. 
    Looking forward to catching up with ‘Deutschland 86’. Also enjoying ‘Trapped’ for the reasons you outlined. Still found the second series of ‘Bordertown’ very watchable. Agree it is not in the same league as ‘The Bridge’ though.
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:
    I recommend Losers on Netflix. Reliving that French golfer's Open collapse was painful. 
    Very enjoyable series - some great stories...
  • Options
    Almost finished the 2nd series of The Break on Netflix. A belgian crime drama. Nothing amazing, and goes a little off track this season, but still a good plot.

Bordertown might have come from me. I normally make time for as many of the foreign language stuff as I can, but I ended up thinking it was a little contrived.
  • Options
    After Life was fantastic 

Ricky Gervais worked out how to do touching comedy a while ago and perfected it with Derek, hes taken this to the next level 

Every episode was very moving and also had at least one moment that made me laugh out loud. It helps that lots of very talented people want to work with him and that was shown by the cast he had.

Walder Frey as his dad and another Frey featured as the drug addict paper delivery man. His dad was brilliantly played 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agreed. Afterlife was very very good
  • Options
    Riviera said:
    New 30 second trailer released ahead of tomorrow

Cant wait for this

Absolutely awful. So Gervais tackles a difficult subject (innocent middle aged woman dying of cancer).  He tries to shock and outrage with tasteless words and situations to get a cheap laugh. I'm sure some will find it entertaining but for me he just jumped on another bandwagon. 
     I'm not anti Gervais as such, The Office was a masterpiece and is up there with Fawlty Towers and Porridge but everything else he has done has been very average and questionable  imo.

• Options
    Just caught up with Pure on Channel4.com. 

The main character Marnie suffers from an ocd that manifests itself with intense, distressing, intrusive sexual thoughts.  I have to say that I found the program funny and amusing and the main characters quite charming.   It is obviously a rather sensitive subject matter, but is apparently lauded by other sufferers of 'Pure O' so I guess it's ok to laugh.

A Pure O sufferer said:

Pure courageously pushes the graphic and disturbing reality, yet non-reality, of Pure O into mainstream awareness. It’s relatable, comedic, emotional, therapeutic and accurately depicts the anxiety, shame, hopelessness, loss of self, then relief and search for liberation reflected in my own experience. Pure is a tonic that will help and heal thousands.
  • Options
    Just finished afterlife . Absolutely brilliant. Some of his best work . 
  • Options
    After Life is wonderful. Sometimes unbearably moving.
  • Options
    Baptiste - you are an idiot. 

That is all. 

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Baptiste - you are an idiot. 

That is all. 

Yeah that felt quite weak in what is otherwise an incredible series
  • Options
    Watched all of afterlife last night and was as great as expected
    Moving, funny amd sad all at the same time
    Agreed Mate i watched all in one sitting Sunday eve really enjoyed it found it funny and surprisingly quite feel good considering what the whole thing is around 
  • Options
    Cheat - started last night and on for the next 3 nights.

My initial guess is that it is the teacher who is on the 'prison side' of the visiting room when having the conversations with the student.

Furthermore, I think both the teacher and student colluded together to kill the teachers husband.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Can’t find the separate thread on my mobile so will just say here that I thought the third episode of the new Partridge was utter guff. And I say that as a huge partridge fan.