Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    At least you found out that gay men also do it missionary stylie......  I may have lead a sheltered life but I always thought it was one at the front and one at the back. 
  • Options
    Episode 3 of The Planets is on BBC2 tonight. 

The first two episodes have been incredible.
  • Options
    At least you found out that gay men also do it missionary stylie......  I may have lead a sheltered life but I always thought it was one at the front and one at the back. 
    I did comment on that to my wife and she asked how I knew they would be bulling each other as opposed to missionarying it.

Just the physics of it must be difficult was all I said 

• Options

That Cox fellows voice though. 
    Christ he could cure any insomniac. 

Hubby loves it. 
    I’m on here. 
  • Options

Hubby loves it. 
    I’m on here. 
    I could listen to him talk for days.

Wonders of the Universe of his is my favourite documentary series of all time. I find him mesmerising.
  • Options

Hubby loves it. 
    I’m on here. 
    I could listen to him talk for days.

Wonders of the Universe of his is my favourite documentary series of all time. I find him mesmerising.
    It’s clearly a bloke thing lol
  • Options
    Me and the missus Just finished season four of game of thrones. 
    Going through a season a week. 

Doing my hardest to avoid spoilers but am aware of some plot lines coming up (Jon Snow dying/coming back etc) 

• Options
    edited June 2019

Hubby loves it. 
    I’m on here. 

https://youtu.be/30ruBtLIvJM

This one always cracks me up 😂
  • Options
    Carter said:
    To be honest I watched years and years for 3 episodes last night and gave up. I was waiting for it to get good. 

Noel from hearsay was involved in a funny joke but I was getting very bored. Is it worth sticking with? 
    I am in two minds with it. Ive caught up and watched 5 episodes now. Episode 4 was pretty good but then last nights episode was a bit of slow one. I will stick with it now as i want to see how it finishes. But i think they could of injected a bit more drama rather than the constant news flash reports to just show us whats going on. Its good but could of been a lot better is my overal feeling
  • Options
    Watched 3 episodes of The Hot Zone and gave up. Thought it would be something like Chernobyl but instead it was more of a horror show. Not my cup of tea.

I then chose to watch the pilot of a new series City on a Hill which is excecutive produced by Matt Damon and Ben Affleck and stars Kevin Bacon. It turned out to be very good and I will definitely continue to watch it.
    Here's a trailer for the series:
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7187044/videoplayer/vi4224236569?ref_=tt_pv_vi_aiv_2 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Big Little Lies S2 and Killing Eve S2 are the main things that I'm looking forward to in the short term
    First episodes of both were good, hope it continues. Great that these have both started in the same week.

A local lady Andrea Arnold is directing Big Little Lies s2, so another good reason to watch. She comes from Dartford.

First episode of Killing Eve had a horrific moment in the hospital, made me actually scream out loud!  
  • Options
    Not sure if it's been mentioned on here but What We Do In The Shadows has had me in stitches as I've caught up with it on iplayer. The scripts are hilarious and Matt Berry always cracks me up. Thoroughly recommended.
  • Options
    Watched 3 episodes of The Hot Zone and gave up. Thought it would be something like Chernobyl but instead it was more of a horror show. Not my cup of tea.

I then chose to watch the pilot of a new series City on a Hill which is excecutive produced by Matt Damon and Ben Affleck and stars Kevin Bacon. It turned out to be very good and I will definitely continue to watch it.
    Here's a trailer for the series:
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7187044/videoplayer/vi4224236569?ref_=tt_pv_vi_aiv_2 
    Anyone know when City on a Hill gets release in UK? Looks interesting 
  • Options
    Rizzo said:
    Not sure if it's been mentioned on here but What We Do In The Shadows has had me in stitches as I've caught up with it on iplayer. The scripts are hilarious and Matt Berry always cracks me up. Thoroughly recommended.
    The film properly made me laugh several times so I'm looking forward to the TV programme 
  • Options
    Wild Bill on itv with Rob Lowe was surprisingly good.

Also the year of the rabbit with Matt Berry, very funny.
  • Options
    Wild Bill on itv with Rob Lowe was surprisingly good.

Also the year of the rabbit with Matt Berry, very funny.
    We agree on Year of the Rabbit. 
  • Options
    Yep, watched that last night and thought it was excellent.
  • Options
    Finished Virtues - fantastic!! Classic Stephen Graham. Fast becoming my favourite actor.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I've just binge watched Midnight Diner on Netflix. A sweet, funny, slightly melancholy series, 23 minutes an episode, about the patrons who drop in to a Tokyo diner that's open from midnight till 7am. The owner, who's known simply as Master, has a small menu but his policy is to make anything customers ask for, as long as they bring the ingredients. Then you see him prepare the dishes. I'm now watching the other series that Netflix haven't acquired, yet anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCGDVHjPX0c
  • Options
    Anyone watching Black Monday on Atlantic?

Very over the top - but I'm enjoying it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Big Little Lies S2 and Killing Eve S2 are the main things that I'm looking forward to in the short term
    The above statement was true until I just found out that Gomorrah S4 starts on Weds19th June on Atlantic.
  • Options
    The above statement was true until I just found out that Gomorrah S4 starts on Weds19th June on Atlantic.
    Have you seen they are doing a prequel film? Released the end of this year.
  • Options
    Really? There was already a Gomorrah film released a few years before the series. 
    I knew there was a Sopranos prequel film coming out but hadn't heard about another Gomorrah film
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:
    I've just binge watched Midnight Diner on Netflix. A sweet, funny, slightly melancholy series, 23 minutes an episode, about the patrons who drop in to a Tokyo diner that's open from midnight till 7am. The owner, who's known simply as Master, has a small menu but his policy is to make anything customers ask for, as long as they bring the ingredients. Then you see him prepare the dishes. I'm now watching the other series that Netflix haven't acquired, yet anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCGDVHjPX0c
    I enjoyed this series too.  Simple stories that get you in the feels.  They have some decent Japanese and Korean shows now that Netflix have moved in to those countries.  I recently watched Stay Tuned which was good fun.  It follows a new employee at a Japanese local TV station who joined the news department by mistake and she's a bit of a walking calamity.  
  • Options
    Really? There was already a Gomorrah film released a few years before the series. 
    I knew there was a Sopranos prequel film coming out but hadn't heard about another Gomorrah film
    Starring and directed by Marco D’Amore, The Immortal will be an origin story of Ciro.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9048786/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1

Theres a teaser trailer for it at the end of series 4. 
  • Options
    Thanks for the recommendation of Stay Tuned. I'll give that a go next. The Midnight Diner shown on Netflix was the fourth series of the show, so I'm tracking down other episodes. The second series seems to be the one that's easiest to find. There were two films too. 
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:
    Thanks for the recommendation of Stay Tuned. I'll give that a go next. The Midnight Diner shown on Netflix was the fourth series of the show, so I'm tracking down other episodes. The second series seems to be the one that's easiest to find. There were two films too. 
    I didn't realise that.  Netflix likes to call things "Netflix Original" that aren't their originals at all!

Where did you find the other series?  I'm normally looking for Ultraman or Kamen Rider and daft Japanese stuff like that.
  • Options
    Season 2 is on Daily Motion, but you have to search under the Japanese title, Shinya Shokudo. The other series could also be on there, but season 2 is definitely there, or at least a lot of episodes.
  • Options
    Just finished Chernobyl.  Brilliant, thought provoking & harrowing all at the same time
  • Options
    Finished Virtues - fantastic!! Classic Stephen Graham. Fast becoming my favourite actor.
    Thought this series was utterly brilliant despite the grim subject matter. Shane Meadows is a superb director and Stephen Graham delivers a harrowing performance.