Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    ‘When they see us’ on Netflix.
  • Options
    'I can go for that' .. BBC4 series .. essential viewing for all 60s,70s & 80's music lovers .. Friday evening or iPlayer
  • Options

Watched 4 episodes of Catch 22 yesterday and really enjoyed it. It's a 6-episode Hulu series executive produced by George Clooney. I haven't read the book so I knew little about the story, which probably is partly why I enjoyed the series very much. I have yet to watch episode 5 and 6 but I'd give the series an 8.5 out of 10.

• Options

Catch 22 is a brilliant book.

All 10 new episodes of Gomorrah are on Sky finally, and it’s an especially good day for me as I see Aggretsuko (the death metal loving red panda) is on back on Netflix.

Has anyone tried Season 3 of Designated Survivor? I know it’s going to be awful but I’ll probably end up watching it.

• Options
    RedPanda said:

Catch 22 is a brilliant book.

All 10 new episodes of Gomorrah are on Sky finally, and it’s an especially good day for me as I see Aggretsuko (the death metal loving red panda) is on back on Netflix.

Has anyone tried Season 3 of Designated Survivor? I know it’s going to be awful but I’ll probably end up watching it.

I watched episode 1 of Designated Survivor right before Catch 22. I have not watched previous two seasons and couldn't get past the first episode of season 3. It was okay I think but maybe because I never watched season 1 or 2, I didn't find the show particularly interesting...
  • Options
    Years and Years had a very weird ending, it should have ended at 50 minutes just before the woman behind the desk said stop rewind a minute.

That extra 10 minutes on the end just seemed weird, I know it was done to set up for a 2nd series but I dunno it just seemed weird
  • Options
    I agree and thought the series peaked at episode 4 and started going down hill afterwards. The Rory Kineear story arc was totally unconvincing in particular. Still, good show and some great acting and good ideas. 
  • Options
    Very disappointed with the second half of series 2 of Killing Eve. Not much on mainstream TV for me atm. Might give catch 22 a go tomorrow.
  • Options
    Gomorrah season 4 back on sky Atlantic tonight 
  • Options
    My wife recorded “Last Breath” on the TV and we watched it tonight.  It is basically a documentary based on deep sea divers in the North Sea working on the oil pipes on the sea bed.

True story about a diver that became detached from the diving bell and had his air, hot water, comms and lighting cut off leaving him in total darkness 90 meters below the water.

Tense and gripping do not do this justice, superb viewing 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    This weeks episode of the planets is one of the best hours of television I’ve watched
  • Options
    9 deep in Gomorrah now – it’s just as good. It was a bit too slow to start and the London storyline didn’t need a whole episode, but episode 6 onwards goes up a gear.
  • Options
    2 episodes into 'when they see us'.

Gripping stuff.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:
    Not sure if it's been mentioned on here but What We Do In The Shadows has had me in stitches as I've caught up with it on iplayer. The scripts are hilarious and Matt Berry always cracks me up. Thoroughly recommended.
    Love this show, not a single duff episode
  • Options
    2 episodes into 'when they see us'.

Gripping stuff.
    Enjoyed the series - felt seriously uncomfortable throughout watching the treatment they got and knowing it doubtless happened to many many people and I imagine sill does
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Rizzo said:
    Not sure if it's been mentioned on here but What We Do In The Shadows has had me in stitches as I've caught up with it on iplayer. The scripts are hilarious and Matt Berry always cracks me up. Thoroughly recommended.
    Love this show, not a single duff episode
    Me too. Better than the film in fact.
  • Options
    Just like the film - couldn’t get on with Catch 22. 
    I think the book is just too much of a masterclass to follow for me. 
  • Options
    This weeks episode of the planets is one of the best hours of television I’ve watched
    Never seen this before but watched it last night and was amazed. I will have to go back and catch up with the rest
  • Options
    I've just started to watch Narcos Mexico and absolutely love it. When season one of Narcos was out I only watched three episodes - I liked it but somehow didn't continue. Guess when I finish Mexico I'll get back to the previous three seasons.
  • Options
    Barely a mention, but am I the only viewer who thinks Gentleman Jack is really good, with Susanne Jones absolutely excellent?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just like the film - couldn’t get on with Catch 22. 
    I think the book is just too much of a masterclass to follow for me. 
    Watched Episode 1 last night, that is an hour of my life I will not get back.
  • Options
    Every hour of your life is an hour you won’t get back.
  • Options
    I feel the same about Killing Eve, the missus loves it but I just don't see it
  • Options
    I feel the same about Killing Eve, the missus loves it but I just don't see it
    I couldn't get into Killing Eve either. Just not my cup of tea.
  • Options
    Yeah Killing Eve was awful.
  • Options
    I thought the first series of Killing Eve was good, but the second series has just become so ridiculous and I can't follow what is going on.
  • Options
    I thought the first series of Killing Eve was good, but the second series has just become so ridiculous and I can't follow what is going on.
    Agreed. The 2nd series is boring.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    The point of KEII is; do we have a 2nd serial killer or is it Villanelle with a different modus operandi? I suspect the former, and somehow they will become competitors, and Eve will become compromised in helping V.

The point of all good stories is the  building blocks.

Contrast Da Vinci Code all action from 1st page but you knew nothing about main character, with the best Bond book, the Spy Who Loved Me, where virtually no thrills occurred until halfway through the book.
  • Options
    The premise of the first series of Killing Eve was the whole cat and mouse thing. With series 2 they had more story to tell which slowed down the pace a bit imo. The final couple of episodes picked up a little.
    Villanelle is so well written, a proper psychopath. Will be interesting to see where they go in series 3.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Very disappointed with the second half of series 2 of Killing Eve. Not much on mainstream TV for me atm. Might give catch 22 a go tomorrow.
    You tried Berlin Station, mate? I just finished Series 2 and really enjoyed it. It's like a Euro version of Spooks, and not just because Rhys Ifans is in it too, not quite so high octane as Spooks at its best,  but interesting characters, and the Berlin backdrop. 

On the other hand, I thought Deutschland 86 ran out of steam a bit towards the end.