Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Watched the first two episodes of Carnival Row on Amazon, a cross between Ripper Street & x rated Tinker Bell from Peter Pan, thought it was interesting and only stopped watching as I had work to do. Otherwise I would have ended up watching it all.
  • edited September 2019
    Watched the first two episodes of Carnival Row on Amazon, a cross between Ripper Street & x rated Tinker Bell from Peter Pan, thought it was interesting and only stopped watching as I had work to do. Otherwise I would have ended up watching it all.
    Mrs SB binged watched the first four or five episodes the other day and loved it. I only paid attention during the bonking bits. 

• Taskmaster is one of my favourites, even keep watching repeats again is better than most tv.
    Roll on Wednesday!

The Misadventures of Romesh Ranganathan has been quality both series too, perfectly pitched between interesting (and surprisingly warm hearted) travel show and his dry humour.

Yeah, really enjoyed that series. Especially Columbia and I think the first one where the tour guide he was with was hilarious. Albania? spent a long time cursing the sky box for not recording them all till we realised there were only 4 eps.  

Possibly enjoyed more than Travel man. Which I do enjoy, but the format has got a little repetitive. 

• 13 Reasons Why - I did mention I wasn't enjoying series 3, it got a lot better towards the end but still completely different to the first 2, without spoilers I missed the original idea and felt it was quite different. Although it picked up enough for me to watch the next series when it comes out.

Power- Love it, but annoys me I cant watch in one go. Suppose that's how TV used to work so I cant really complain, still at least something to look forward to for the week.

Top Boy- Just starting, was looking for something similar to Power. Peaky blinders might be next on the card

• Taskmaster is one of my favourites, even keep watching repeats again is better than most tv.
    Roll on Wednesday!

The Misadventures of Romesh Ranganathan has been quality both series too, perfectly pitched between interesting (and surprisingly warm hearted) travel show and his dry humour.

Yeah, really enjoyed that series. Especially Columbia and I think the first one where the tour guide he was with was hilarious. Albania? spent a long time cursing the sky box for not recording them all till we realised there were only 4 eps.  

Possibly enjoyed more than Travel man. Which I do enjoy, but the format has got a little repetitive. 

Haven't seen Columbia yet, need to catch up on that one, bit Ethiopia in the first series and Zimbabwe this one were really good.

And it was brilliant when he got drunk at wine tasting in Bosnia!
  • Watching the Leeds doc on Amazon at the moment. Enjoying it but boy does it highlight the gulf between the big budget teams and us 
  • 13 Reasons Why - I did mention I wasn't enjoying series 3, it got a lot better towards the end but still completely different to the first 2, without spoilers I missed the original idea and felt it was quite different. Although it picked up enough for me to watch the next series when it comes out.

Power- Love it, but annoys me I cant watch in one go. Suppose that's how TV used to work so I cant really complain, still at least something to look forward to for the week.

Top Boy- Just starting, was looking for something similar to Power. Peaky blinders might be next on the card

Yeah we watched all the previous series of Power in one go, so having to wait each week for this final series is hard to take ! 
  • Manifest was quite enjoyable in a silly sort of way last night. 
    Lost interest after about eight episodes.16 episodes is a loonnngggg season.  Took a break from it and can’t get into it again. I see season two has just been commissioned. 
  • Ed Kemper has just shit the life out of agent Holden in Mindhunter 

Real quality series this
  • Sponsored links:

• I was going to stick this on the things that annoy you thread but police procedural thrillers, like that shower 'The Capture' last night, that are so wide of the mark in any realism to be beyond any hope really wind me up; sloppy or even failing to caution the suspect properly, sticking one (already opened) disc in the PACE machine, failing to disclose to the interviewee and his solicitor what they're being interviewed about, letting a solicitor (who might involved as a witness) represent the suspect in the interview...that show last night was a shocker for it. 

It's a no from me. 
  • Carter said:
    Ed Kemper has just shit the life out of agent Holden in Mindhunter 

Real quality series this
    Just finished this, fantastic series.

Really hope they do a season 3, would like to see them speak to Ted Bundy as he was interviewed in the book that this series is made from
  • After finishing Mindhunter tonight, we started watching Brassic, 2 episodes in so far and its a good watch, very funny
  • After finishing Mindhunter tonight, we started watching Brassic, 2 episodes in so far and its a good watch, very funny
    Agreed, easy to watch, especially as Michelle Keegan is in it. 
    Agreed, easy to watch, especially as Michelle Keegan is in it. 
    Joe Gilgun wrote it semi-autobiographical. He is excellent in it as he is in everything he does but the ending I thought and a lot of the plots were pretty shite. A lot better than most of the style over substance shit sky back but shameless did a similar thing a lot better certainly in the early days 

Top Boy is fantastic, much grimier and real than Power. 

3rd series is due soonish I think.
  • Croydon said:

13 Reasons Why - I did mention I wasn't enjoying series 3, it got a lot better towards the end but still completely different to the first 2, without spoilers I missed the original idea and felt it was quite different. Although it picked up enough for me to watch the next series when it comes out.

I wouldn't say better, I prefer Power personally. But I am enjoying Top Boy, on the 2nd series at the mo :)
  • I was going to stick this on the things that annoy you thread but police procedural thrillers, like that shower 'The Capture' last night, that are so wide of the mark in any realism to be beyond any hope really wind me up; sloppy or even failing to caution the suspect properly, sticking one (already opened) disc in the PACE machine, failing to disclose to the interviewee and his solicitor what they're being interviewed about, letting a solicitor (who might involved as a witness) represent the suspect in the interview...that show last night was a shocker for it. 

It's a no from me. 
    agree with all this .. I am now well used to suspending my disbelief .. anyway, I can forgive 'The Capture' as it stars yum yum Holliday Grainger, promoted it seems from Cormoran Strike's office
  • edited September 2019
    This article celebrates that the BBC's adaptation of le Carre's "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy" is 40 years old. Many of the BTL comments suggest it might the best British drama series ever, and I agree, although you might need to be a fan of thoughtful spy stuff to also agree. Well worth watching though, if you never have, I re-ran it few years back. Some stellar performances from some of our best actors of the time, topped of course by that of Sir Alec Guinness as Smiley. If you have only seen the 2011 film version, trust me, you've only drunk prosecco, now try the vintage Bolly.
  • I Claudius was good as well.
    The Singing Detective? There have been a lot of good ones, and they still happen now from time to time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Croydon said:

13 Reasons Why - I did mention I wasn't enjoying series 3, it got a lot better towards the end but still completely different to the first 2, without spoilers I missed the original idea and felt it was quite different. Although it picked up enough for me to watch the next series when it comes out.

I think Power is better but did enjoy top boy. I believe the whole of series 3 is being released on Netflix next Friday. 
  • This article celebrates that the BBC's adaptation of le Carre's "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy" is 40 years old. Many of the BTL comments suggest it might the best British drama series ever, and I agree, although you might need to be a fan of thoughtful spy stuff to also agree. Well worth watching though, if you never have, I re-ran it few years back. Some stellar performances from some of our best actors of the time, topped of course by that of Sir Alec Guinness as Smiley. If you have only seen the 2011 film version, trust me, you've only drunk prosecco, now try the vintage Bolly.
    About 6-12 months after the film version came out the original series was shown again on the BBC. Watched it avidly & loved it so much I even watched the sequel as well (Smileys people  ?). 
  • Not a TV series as such, but Breaking Bad film has been scheduled for a release of 11th October (straight to Netflix). 

Will watch but bit disappointed they are doing it. Should have left it as it was, especially with Better Call Saul doing well too. 

On that note, there is going to be a Sopranos prequel next year. James Gandolfini's son is going to play a young Tony Soprano. 
  • Not a TV series as such, but Breaking Bad film has been scheduled for a release of 11th October (straight to Netflix). 

Will watch but bit disappointed they are doing it. Should have left it as it was, especially with Better Call Saul doing well too. 

On that note, there is going to be a Sopranos prequel next year. James Gandolfini's son is going to play a young Tony Soprano. 
    Breaking bad ended well, I'll also watch the film but I feel the same as you
  • Bit late to the game, but just watched first two episodes of Jessica Jones.

Not sure of it at the moment - any thoughts ?
  • What do y'all make of Peaky Blinders S5? I have to say I really enjoy this one, so much so that I've watched the last two episodes live, which nowadays for me is unusual. 

That speech of Mosley last night brought a completely different type of menace and terror to the Peaky Blinders, and took it up a level IMO. 

I'm just a bit worried that what they have taken on in this series needs more than 6 episodes. It's very ambitious. But hats off for the ambition.
  • Not started it yet but 'Unbelievable' on Netflix is getting some rave reviews.
  • Not started it yet but 'Unbelievable' on Netflix is getting some rave reviews.
    I’m half way through and enjoying it. 
  • New Top boy is great so far, 4 episodes in. 
  • The 3rd series of Mr Mercedes started on RTÉ last night.

If you can get hold of it, I thoroughly recommend. 
    Brendan Gleeson is just brilliant in it.