Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• I like a bit of factual, 'real' stuff .. new on BBC2 on Mondays: 'What Britain Buys and Sells in a Day' .. fascinating and some jaw dropping stats .. Ed Balls is surprisingly good as a presenter
    Also still enjoying the odd episode of 'Who do You Think You Are' as well as the 2 fictional 'Cs' .. The Capture and The Confession 
    The Confession isn't fictional
    I like a bit of factual, 'real' stuff .. new on BBC2 on Mondays: 'What Britain Buys and Sells in a Day' .. fascinating and some jaw dropping stats .. Ed Balls is surprisingly good as a presenter
    Also still enjoying the odd episode of 'Who do You Think You Are' as well as the 2 fictional 'Cs' .. The Capture and The Confession 

fiction based on fact .. or are you saying all the conversations and incidents are verbatim and factual ?
    I like a bit of factual, 'real' stuff .. new on BBC2 on Mondays: 'What Britain Buys and Sells in a Day' .. fascinating and some jaw dropping stats .. Ed Balls is surprisingly good as a presenter

fiction based on fact .. or are you saying all the conversations and incidents are verbatim and factual ?
    Well it's a true "story". Look it up. 
    what in 'fiction based on fact' don't you understand ? .. I KNOW the background is true, but I, no more than you do know how much fiction has been added to give it dramatic credence .. end of .. get back to your discussions about Leko's performance and rating 
    Why do you feel the need to be so rude? 
    Cos he made a tit of himself in not knowing it was a true story and is now trying to cover it up.
  • Capture, first three episodes great, last two toilet. I'll watch the last one, but it's far fetched and predictable. Would have been better as a four part mini series.
  • I like a bit of factual, 'real' stuff .. new on BBC2 on Mondays: 'What Britain Buys and Sells in a Day' .. fascinating and some jaw dropping stats .. Ed Balls is surprisingly good as a presenter

Well it's a true "story". Look it up. 
    what in 'fiction based on fact' don't you understand ? .. I KNOW the background is true, but I, no more than you do know how much fiction has been added to give it dramatic credence .. end of .. get back to your discussions about Leko's performance and rating 
    Why do you feel the need to be so rude? 
    Cos he made a tit of himself in not knowing it was a true story and is now trying to cover it up.
    Yes, I think you're right.
    No other reasonable explanation for the hostility.
    I only said it's a true story, look it up.
  • Have been really enjoying Capture, but last nights episode was a bit too ridiculous for my liking 
  • How many episodes does Capture have? And is the series finished yet? Seems a very good series and I'll probably start watching once all the episodes are aired - don't like watching one episode a week.
  • Anyone else watching the Circle? Probably wont be many peoples cup of tea, but I am enjoying it! Some good characters on there , not sure how long its on for?
  • Jessie said:
    How many episodes does Capture have? And is the series finished yet? Seems a very good series and I'll probably start watching once all the episodes are aired - don't like watching one episode a week.
    6 Episodes. Next Tuesday is the finale.
  • Had a day off work yesterday so got through the first 5 episodes of ‘Dark’. Absolutely loving it. It’s like a seriously grown up version of Stranger Things, although I still haven’t worked out what’s going on. The way it’s shot is incredible, the music is just as fucked up as the story line and the acting is great. Can’t wait to get home later and stick it on.
  • Had a day off work yesterday so got through the first 5 episodes of ‘Dark’. Absolutely loving it. It’s like a seriously grown up version of Stranger Things, although I still haven’t worked out what’s going on. The way it’s shot is incredible, the music is just as fucked up as the story line and the acting is great. Can’t wait to get home later and stick it on.
    What's that on mate?
  • Working my way through the pan-European series of Criminal on Netflix. In each episode a suspect is interrogated by detectives. It's the exact same interrogation room in every episode, be it the British, German, Spanish or French series. David Tennant and Hayley Atwell were in the UK version. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2019
    Croydon said:
    Had a day off work yesterday so got through the first 5 episodes of ‘Dark’. Absolutely loving it. It’s like a seriously grown up version of Stranger Things, although I still haven’t worked out what’s going on. The way it’s shot is incredible, the music is just as fucked up as the story line and the acting is great. Can’t wait to get home later and stick it on.
    What's that on mate?
    Netflix. I binned it after 2 episodes, thought it not very good.

Darkness: Those who kill, on iplayer is brilliant.
  • Anyone else watching the Circle? Probably wont be many peoples cup of tea, but I am enjoying it! Some good characters on there , not sure how long its on for?
    It's quality!  I didn't watch the first series, sort of accidently caught the first two this and think it's really good.  Tim is hilarious and I really like Georgina too.

• Croydon said:
    Had a day off work yesterday so got through the first 5 episodes of ‘Dark’. Absolutely loving it. It’s like a seriously grown up version of Stranger Things, although I still haven’t worked out what’s going on. The way it’s shot is incredible, the music is just as fucked up as the story line and the acting is great. Can’t wait to get home later and stick it on.
    What's that on mate?

You missed have insanely high standards if you thought Dark wasn’t very good.
    It's quality!  I didn't watch the first series, sort of accidently caught the first two this and think it's really good.  Tim is hilarious and I really like Georgina too.

Hurrah someone else, I really like it. Didn't really expect too, Tim is brilliant, also agree Georgina and Woody both great too. Glad #jaysmum went last night, was starting to grate on me.
  • Completely agree, Woody seems a decent kid - doesn't half look like his Dad around the Housemartins stage too.

Brooke has grown on me, but not a fan of any of the newbies really and 'Sammie' had a good game first up but is getting a bit dull. Agree on Jay's mum, never much there and she was getting more annoying, though the catfishes meeting tonight might be funny, I noticed the brick painting was still in the corner.

• Tim in full 20s swimwear and on the treadmill in full cream suit and hat reading have been my favourite bits so far. 
  • Croydon said:
    What's that on mate?

You missed have insanely high standards if you thought Dark wasn’t very good.
    I know it was highly rated, but it just didn't do it for me.
  • Very belatedly caught up with all 3 series of the Tunnel. Excellent stuff. A bit tongue in cheek at the end when Elise blows herself up and there is not an atom left of her. Just an explosion burn on the ground.  Hokum but good stuff. 
  • The previously unseen seventh series of Spiral starts on bbc4 this Saturday.
  • Probably not most people's cup of tea but I watched a new comedy on ITV2 last night called Zomboat! There is a zombie apocalypse in Birmingham and a couple of ladies decide to escape on a narrow boat. Was only 30 mins long but I laughed a lot! 
  • Sponsored links:

• New series of Bigmouth on Netlfix.

Any one who's into adult cartoons should give it a go.
  • Must say I thoroughly enjoyed The Capture including the finale last night. 

There were some imagination stretching bits, but on the whole a very cleverly thought out plot regarding doctored CCTV evidence (a process known as correction) and its use to convict. 

About ten years ago my boss told me that I'd received two penalty notices for driving a van down a one way street the wrong way.  I uttered the word 'rubbish'.  He then showed me the photos Islington council had supplied.  They showed in plain evidence me driving though a double white broken line on a road I'd used countless times over the years.   To  corroborate their evidence there were further road markings, signs indicating that I was driving the wrong way ... and a couple of bewildered pedestrians.  I reckon Islington council were 10 years ahead of the CIA in this 'fitting up' business.

Anyway the good news was I only paid for one of the fines. I cheekily told my boss if he'd given me the first one on time I wouldn't have done it the second time.  He seemed a bit unsure, but nodded his agreement for the company to cover the second one. I left the room before he could change his mind.
  • Not new but just finished People Just do Nothing. Such a good show, what a character Chabuddy G is. 
  • Undercover is very good. Just binge watched the first four episodes. Adrian Lester is always top quality. 
  • edited October 2019

Tim in full 20s swimwear and on the treadmill in full cream suit and hat reading have been my favourite bits so far. 

I enjoyed watching him during the German lederhosen rave.  It's got me very emotional at times. 
    as well as the entertaining, cringing, laughing element, it's also very thought provoking as a concept. 
  • Talal said:
    Not new but just finished People Just do Nothing. Such a good show, what a character Chabuddy G is. 
    Very funny programme - Chabuddy G is such a great character.
  • El Camino, the breaking bad movie Is out today on Netflix.

written by Vince Gilligan too... to say I’m looking forward to watching this is an understatement. 

• Tim in full 20s swimwear and on the treadmill in full cream suit and hat reading have been my favourite bits so far. 

I enjoyed watching him during the German lederhosen rave.  It's got me very emotional at times. 
    as well as the entertaining, cringing, laughing element, it's also very thought provoking as a concept. 
    He's an idiot for voting out Brooke though - he had her and Georgina onside, and Joyce was the easy target. Might cost him later on. 

He's an idiot for voting out Brooke though - he had her and Georgina onside, and Joyce was the easy target. Might cost him later on. 
    yeah defo. I liked Brooke. (and Georgina) as they are pretty normal and fun. can't believe they didn't get rid of Joyce.  Jack and Beth are getting pretty cosy though!
  • Yeah I really like Georgina, she's funny too