Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    McBobbin said:
    McBobbin said:
    Anyone watching the new ‘celebrity’ SAS thing? Will be some fireworks with Bellew and Fashanu I reckon. 
    Just watching it now. Love this show. Expect more from Katie Price. Loving the scene where they are trying to work out who the hell the celebrities are

Really hope it doesn’t turn into the Katie Price show, she really got on my nerves and is definitely playing some sort of game for whatever reason. The clip for next week shows Fashanu seemingly annoying some of the others. Have a feeling shit’s going to get real next week.
    She's been through loads (didn't know quite how much!) But seems like she's being bullied, but then again it's being edited. Bellew is a scary guy, a loose cannon. Soon see what they are really made of. Reckon the Paralympian will be there at the end

The ex-Special Forces lads will be acting with integrity because it’s their brand on the line but I’m pretty certain that there’ll have been discussions with producers prior to shooting about entertaining the viewers. Katie Price is a shrewd and experienced player of the reality TV game, not some naive young starlet so she’ll know what she wants out of her appearance.

Totally agree about Bellew. I’ve met some scary blokes in my time and he would definitely worry me if I encountered. Hope he can put some demons to rest through this show because he certainly needs to for his own sake.
    “He’s got the breaking strain of a fucking kit-kat” 😄
  • Options
    Something about Bellew tho, always has been, that he’s intelligent with what he says and does. With Fury, I can see why he’s not stable outside boxing. But with Bellew I sometimes question how genuine it is. It’s not right on my part, but it’s the vibe I get.

I can’t help but like Joey Essex, regardless of what act he puts on.
  • Options
    Something about Bellew tho, always has been, that he’s intelligent with what he says and does. With Fury, I can see why he’s not stable outside boxing. But with Bellew I sometimes question how genuine it is. It’s not right on my part, but it’s the vibe I get.

Bellew is a fairly open book to me, he doesn't have much emotional intelligence at all and the way he talks and behaves betrays this. I think hes someone who in a group of mates would be the one everyone rolls their eyes at when he turns up on a night out as guaranteed to start a fight over something daft. 

Very tightly wound man 
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited April 2020
    Currently binging peep show on the C4 app, only ever caught a few episodes back in the day 
    I have a hobby of googling and looking at filming locations of films, tv shows and books that I can relate to, surprised to see that the opening credits of peep show where they look in the tv shop window is in crouch end (I know it well) and is now a restaurant, the vast majority of the show was filmed in Croydon unfortunately 
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    Currently binging peep show on the C4 app, only ever caught a few episodes back in the day 
    I have a hobby of googling and looking at filming locations of films, tv shows and books that I can relate to, surprised to see that the opening credits of peep show where they look in the tv shop window is in crouch end (I know it well) and is now a restaurant, the vast majority of the show was filmed in Croydon unfortunately 
    Love Peep Show, the early series in particular were so good.
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    Can you imagine an episode where Mark and Jez have to isolate together. Perhaps with Dobby and Sophie thrown in for good measure. Superhans turns out to have been hiding in the tumble drier for 3 days
  • Options
    Been rewatching Peep Show throughout this lockdown and have done a couple of virtual quizzes hosted by Big Mad Andy on twitch. It's a great show that seems to get funnier each time I watch it.

As for a quarantine episode, pick your house below:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Been rewatching Peep Show throughout this lockdown and have done a couple of virtual quizzes hosted by Big Mad Andy on twitch. It's a great show that seems to get funnier each time I watch it.

As for a quarantine episode, pick your house below:

House 4, it had a bar 😁
  • Options
    Carter said:

Bellew is a fairly open book to me, he doesn't have much emotional intelligence at all and the way he talks and behaves betrays this. I think hes someone who in a group of mates would be the one everyone rolls their eyes at when he turns up on a night out as guaranteed to start a fight over something daft. 

Very tightly wound man 
    Spot on. A row waiting to happen. Don't think he's the sharpest tool in the box in general, and that assessment of him as the bloke always likely to kick off in a group is spot on. It probably has a lot to do with where he grew up.

Decent doormen are trained to look out for this type of bloke in any group and are generally pretty good at it. A bloke I know who worked the doors in a lot of places in Liverpool said its harder bouncing there than pretty much anywhere else because the number of Bellews in any group is much higher than other places - a lot of scousers have something to prove and have a chip on their shoulder.
  • Options
    Watched 4 episodes of Gangs of London today. Decent without being fantastic so far but well worth a watch if it's your thing. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watched 4 episodes of Gangs of London today. Decent without being fantastic so far but well worth a watch if it's your thing. 
    Watched the first two. I think they just about get away with the amount of violence given its ‘stylised’ format. 
  • Options
    What network is that on
  • Options
    What network is that on
    Sky/NowTV
  • Options
     Was a bit cautious regarding this.
    Watched the trailer and hardly anyone on it sounded like they were from London.

Is that the case?
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Watched the last Gordon,Gino and Fred last night.

I'll say it again. If anyone is feeling a bit down in the dumps stick this on. It is hilarious.
    (Maybe not with the kids!)
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Desperately needs Tom Hardy as the lead. But maybe he is too old now. I generally find fight scenes immensely boring. Apart from the opening scene in the first Daniel Craig James Bond. The fight scenes in this, Gangs of London, are absolutely brutal....and strangely exhilarating.....almost felt guilty about enjoying such violence.
  • Options

Is that the case?
    London is a pretty multi-cultural place........innit gawd blimey luv a duck?
  • Options

Is that the case?
    The lead is Joe Cole (John from Peaky Blinders) who is a londoner. His dad in it is Colm Meaney who is Irish but his roots are explained. 

I don't think it matters that it's not all about Londoners. Gangs of London doesn't mean they all have to be from that area, I'd imagine that's a fair reflection of reality. 
  • Options
    Desperately needs Tom Hardy as the lead. But maybe he is too old now. I generally find fight scenes immensely boring. Apart from the opening scene in the first Daniel Craig James Bond. The fight scenes in this, Gangs of London, are absolutely brutal....and strangely exhilarating.....almost felt guilty about enjoying such violence.
    He's got to 20+ years younger than Colm Meaney so would have worked. Agree on the brutality, was surprised by that. 
  • Options
    Just started a box set of 24. Struggle to get the bonhomie/goodness in the home of the lead politician, and even more sketchy is the broken home scenario with the lead investigator. Feel no empathy with either. Have I misjudged? Does it get better?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watched the last Gordon,Gino and Fred last night.

I'll say it again. If anyone is feeling a bit down in the dumps stick this on. It is hilarious.
    (Maybe not with the kids!)
    The banana on the boat was brilliant.
  • Options
    Gangs of London fine until the ridiculously unrealistic and ott fight scenes. Completely devalued the first episode for me and didn't require it.
  • Options
    Thought Devs was entertaining, but the characters and story were clichéd in the extreme and the denouement was tosh. Great performances from Offerman (as always) and Alison Pill (properly weird - her facial features all being pulled to within about an inch of each other gives her a 'weird' looking face that gives her an 'other worldly' look). Thought the main character's acting was awful though. Absolutely beautifully shot - suspect it was pretty low budget in comparison to, say, an HBO or Netflix show but it looked gorgeous.

Started season 6 of Bosch (there's never been better casting of a literary character than Titus Welliver in the title role) and loving it again, only two episodes in.

Going to do The Outsider next. 
    Thanks for recommending Bosch. 7 episodes into the first series and me & the missus both love it.

I tried the outsider a few months ago and after the first two episodes I thought it went downhill rapidly. 
  • Options
    took 3 days but finally finished all 9 series of Peep Show, last 3-4 not as good as the first 3-4 
  • Options
    Half way through the Last Kingdom S4 which was only released today on Netflix

Whilst I cant remember the story line from the latter books as haven't read them as much this series seems a lot better than the last which verged a bit too much on the ridiculous (Ultimately ruining that season for me)

Definitely feels like its been given a larger budget as the fight scenes have been a lot better than anything seen in TLK so far

Felt that David Dawson (Alfred) would be a loss for the series when he unsurprisingly left the show last time round, have certainly missed the chemistry between him and Alexander Dreymon (Uhtred)
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    The Outsider was alright - but basically an 8 hour long X Files episode. Cynthia Erivo and Ben Mendelsohn were great in it - but it stagnated after three episodes and only picked up again the last two. Worth watching though. 
  • Options

Gangs of London fine until the ridiculously unrealistic and ott fight scenes. Completely devalued the first episode for me and didn't require it.

Agree, and it caused me to press the delete button on the whole series. Basic story was ok but the fight scenes and some of the acting left a bit, well a lot, to be desired (particularly from the bloke who was in Peaky Blinders). Back to Netflix for me.
  • Options
    Been a bit underwhelmed with The Mandalorian on Disney +. Plenty of hype about this but think a lot of that has been rose tinted. Some nice touches and a few moments for the fans but episode 7 was the first one I'd consider really good. 
  • Options
    Been a bit underwhelmed with The Mandalorian on Disney +. Plenty of hype about this but think a lot of that has been rose tinted. Some nice touches and a few moments for the fans but episode 7 was the first one I'd consider really good. 
    Really enjoyed it myself, but thats partly due to the amount of legacy Star Wars euphoria (AT-AT Walkers, X-Wings showing up etc.) you got in Episodes

The first three episodes at the beginning and the last two are the best to watch - The rest in between is just filler
  • Options
    Just started a box set of 24. Struggle to get the bonhomie/goodness in the home of the lead politician, and even more sketchy is the broken home scenario with the lead investigator. Feel no empathy with either. Have I misjudged? Does it get better?
    Don't give up it's a cracker of a series. Just don't watch it too late at night as the adrenaline rush will keep you awake 🤣