Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• edited October 2021
    Just finished series 2 of Black Summer.

As a big fan of Z Nation, made by the same team, it couldn't be more different but I still enjoyed it. Completely different in tone, and devoid of any of the humour of Z Nation, it's as bleak as you like. I always like a show that kills off a character quite early on that you think is going to become a mainstay.

Probably much more realistic in terms of the "everyone for themselves" nature of humans that we're seeing signs of played out in real life.

Solid 6/10.
  • Tearing through Squid Game and really enjoying it - up to episode 7. I imagine it'll be set up for a sequel
  • 1st episode of  Ridley Road on BBC1 last night.

Watched & enjoyed it so found the other3 on iplayer & stayed up until 1.15am to finish off the series.

Thought it was excellent with some very good acting performances by the cast too. 
  • edited October 2021
    Just finished the 2nd series of Manhunt. Not seen the first series yet but thought it was excellent and Martin Clunes was brilliant. Crazy how long he evaded capture and the missed opportunity.
  • For those interested, every single episode of Seinfeld is now exclusively on Netflix
    Never seen it. Never seen The Simpsons, Game of Thrones or Peaky Blinders either.
  • meldrew66 said:
    For those interested, every single episode of Seinfeld is now exclusively on Netflix
    Never seen it. Never seen The Simpsons, Game of Thrones or Peaky Blinders either.
    Your loss.
  • Hornby - A Mode World, starts on Yesterday, Monday 11th. Looks really good 
  • meldrew66 said:
    For those interested, every single episode of Seinfeld is now exclusively on Netflix
    People telling us they’ve never seen GoT are the same people that put pictures up every time they eat pie and mash
    I’ve never seen it mate. Not for any particular reason, just never got around to it. I do like pie and mash though, so maybe you’re right.
  • meldrew66 said:
    People telling us they’ve never seen GoT are the same people that put pictures up every time they eat pie and mash
    I don’t even know what this is supposed to mean mate
  • Sponsored links:

• meldrew66 said:
    meldrew66 said:
    Game of Thrones although with ValleyGary and Dave Mehmet involved it could be Girls on Top
  • meldrew66 said:
    meldrew66 said:
    Both can’t wait to tell people. It was a shit joke mate, no malice…
  • meldrew66 said:
    I’ve never seen it mate. Not for any particular reason, just never got around to it. I do like pie and mash though, so maybe you’re right.
    I would say it’s worth it but the last season is so pony I’m not sure it is.
  • Squid Game on Netflix. Love it. Must watch with the original sound and English subtitles as the main characters acting is superb.
    Agreed started this the weekend and really enjoying it, only on the second game for me. 
  • meldrew66 said:
    meldrew66 said:
    Both can’t wait to tell people. It was a shit joke mate, no malice…
    Same those that post about never watching love island yet criticizing those that do. FWIW i watch it and GOT :smile:
  • serious stuff .. Blair & Brown .. all about New Labour .. interesting
  • Just finished Squid Games. Brilliant stuff.
  • Never seen GOT or Love Island. Have I missed anything?
  • Just started The chestnut man. 

Looks right up my street so far.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just finished Squid Games. Brilliant stuff.
    Started this a couple of nights ago and now on episode 6. Some slow moments early on (episode 2) but it's brilliant. 

The popularity of it is crazy, apparently the main female actress had 400k instagram followers a couple of weeks ago before its release on Netflix, now she has almost 15 million. 

Finished it yesterday.  Excellent nordic Noir.
  • Watched the first episode of squid game.

Absolutely mental!!

Have just fired up the first episode and looks interesting. Only 6 episodes in total as well.
  • Maid, on Netflix. 
    Very enjoyable 👍
  • Squid game is amazing, anyone who's not sure about watching just give ep. 1 a try and you'll want to watch the rest
  • Thanks for the heads up about Chestnut Man. Really good.
  • Thanks for the heads up about Chestnut Man. Really good.
    Started and finished it yesterday. Very good indeed. Had an uneasy, dark, calmness about it. Despite the storyline.
  • edited October 2021
    I still have 2/3 episodes left of the Squid game, however i dont want to finish it so in between i started and binged 9 perfect strangers (Amazonprime) , recommended, its a bit deep in spots but really good cast (Melissa Mccarthy in particular), the last episode did hit the nerves and had a tear in the eye. 
  • Watched the first episode of Squid Game last night... Great start and looking forward to watching a couple more episodes tonight.

Also just watched the two seasons of the Boys over the last week on Amazon Prime - Have been tempted for a good while to watch it, but its one of those that I've just kept putting off - Was worth the wait and already looking forward to the release of Season Three