Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• After Breaking Bad, you have Better Call Saul which is arguably even better (though it's very slow at the beginning). I like Fargo a lot although each season is different and the quality is uneven.
  • I like to approach my tv watching like an investment portfolio with a balanced basket of light to heavy programmes on the go at the same time. 

The most recent basket has seen the low risk, easy viewing option taken by Ballers. The long-term, serious investment in Gomorrah, and the fillers in the middle being Vigil and Clickbait

Have enjoyed them all, been laid up last few days so have rapidly sped up my progress. have 1 episode of Series 4 left of Gomorrah that I’ve saved for tonight. Going to miss it, though think the first two series were the best. 

Running out of multi-series crime dramas to get my teeth into. Since Covid kicked in I’ve done The Wire, Gomorrah, Narcos, Narcos Mexico, Ozark, Top Boy and loved them all. Having only seen S1 of Breaking Bad, that’s my main outliner and will be my Gomorrah replacement. Billions I think will be my middle runner and Little Rock or Cobra Kai my Ballers replacement 

If you are going to watch Billions this is a very good synopsis as you need to understand the jargon surrounding investment.
  • Few episodes into Squid Game. Thought I'd see what all the fuss was about. It's different, obviously has high production values and I'm enjoying it, don't get me wrong, but I'm not really seeing why it's number 1 in 90 countries at the moment.

Is it a little bit Emporer's new clothes?
  • The boys on amazon prime is class, cant believe how few people talk about it.

watched squid game, was very predictable i thought, could work it out straight away! Still watchable though. 
  • Watched the first episode of Squid Game last night... Great start and looking forward to watching a couple more episodes tonight.

Also just watched the two seasons of the Boys over the last week on Amazon Prime - Have been tempted for a good while to watch it, but its one of those that I've just kept putting off - Was worth the wait and already looking forward to the release of Season Three
    Love The Boys, great series with some hilarious moments 
  • Watched the first episode of Squid Game last night... Great start and looking forward to watching a couple more episodes tonight.

Also just watched the two seasons of the Boys over the last week on Amazon Prime - Have been tempted for a good while to watch it, but its one of those that I've just kept putting off - Was worth the wait and already looking forward to the release of Season Three
    Love The Boys, great series with some hilarious moments 
    Oh had me cracking up at times
  • Few episodes into Squid Game. Thought I'd see what all the fuss was about. It's different, obviously has high production values and I'm enjoying it, don't get me wrong, but I'm not really seeing why it's number 1 in 90 countries at the moment.

Is it a little bit Emporer's new clothes?
    I'm 4 episodes in and love it. Personally on what I have seen so far I think the hype has been pretty justified 
  • Paris Police 1900 (BBC 4 & iPlayer).. slightly gothic and very explicit subtitled political drama .. love it
  • The new Attenborough programme on bbc is insane. Termite queens produce an offspring every 3 seconds for 25 years 😳
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks for the heads up about Chestnut Man. Really good.
    Just finished it. Great wasn't it.

The kind of crime drama the likes of ITV consistently try and produce and fail so miserably time and time again
    This had a cracking plot that kept you guessing till the end. Well acted. Really atmospheric.

Highly recommend.
  • Finished Squid Game last week. Well worth all the rave reviews in my opinion.

Watched 4/6 of Chestnut Man, really enjoying it.
  • Thanks for the heads up about Chestnut Man. Really good.
    Just finished it. Great wasn't it.

The kind of crime drama the likes of ITV consistently try and produce and fail so miserably time and time again
    This had a cracking plot that kept you guessing till the end. Well acted. Really atmospheric.

Highly recommend.
    I'm halfway through.......my only complaint is that some of the scenes are so dark that I can only really watch it at night with lights off
  • I'm three episodes into Midnight Mass from the director of The Haunting Of Hill House and The Haunting Of Bly Manor. Man alive it's dull so far, and that's factoring in the miracle with the young girl (won't spoil it).
  • SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERSS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

And I absolutely loved The Squid Game and didn't guess the final twist right at the end. Who among us guessed that the old boy was the one behind it all? As far as I was concerned, he was killed after the marbles game. Was the giveaway that he was No1?
  • Anyone seen Alice in Borderland?
    Came out the end of last year.

The synopsis reads similar to Squid Game, players face deadly games they must win to survive.
    Wondering if its worth watching?
  • hawksmoor said:
    SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERSS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

And I absolutely loved The Squid Game and didn't guess the final twist right at the end. Who among us guessed that the old boy was the one behind it all? As far as I was concerned, he was killed after the marbles game. Was the giveaway that he was No1?
    Did actually call this during the second episode when he was having a chat with Gi Hun outside the shop.
  • edited October 2021
    hawksmoor said:

Was a great way to explain why that mask remained unused, and why the host wasnt able to greet the VIPs.

Hope we get a second season, cant see why we wont with how it ends.
  • Anyone seen Alice in Borderland?
    Came out the end of last year.

The synopsis reads similar to Squid Game, players face deadly games they must win to survive.
    Wondering if its worth watching?

watched it last year, can't really remember anything about it other than it was quite good, certainly not on the same level as Squid Game. my wife thought it was great though
  • I remember a Japanese or Korean movie called Battle Royale about 20yrs ago that I enjoyed, Squid Game is on another level though.
    Not finished it yet so I'm swerving any spoilers. The glass stepping stones episode I watched last night was giving me palpations watching.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2021
    hawksmoor said:

Got it straight away! And also got the brother of the police guy! Was dead easy imo! 

Got it when he was no1 and when he looked like he was loving the girl shooting game nr 1. Loving it! 
  • I remember a Japanese or Korean movie called Battle Royale about 20yrs ago that I enjoyed, Squid Game is on another level though.
    Not finished it yet so I'm swerving any spoilers. The glass stepping stones episode I watched last night was giving me palpations watching.
    Battle royale was wicked! 
  • CAFCsayer said:
    I've just finished Squid Game and thought it was absolutely terrible from start to finish. Was going to give up on it after four episodes, wish I had.
    My mum said the same.
  • Also just watched the two seasons of the Boys over the last week on Amazon Prime - Have been tempted for a good while to watch it, but its one of those that I've just kept putting off - Was worth the wait and already looking forward to the release of Season Three
    Enjoyed The Boys. Good, silly, entertaining, action packed fun with plenty of dark humour and some shocks. Pretty enjoyable.
    The only negative is Karl Urban’s ghastly cockney accent. 
    Makes me want to cut my ears off and burn them. 😂
  • "Hornby a Model World" on Yesterday started tonight @ 9pm (10pm on +1) - Customary jokes aside its a great typical behind the scenes style programme about the Company.

Will build by own model railway one day!! 
  • For those interested, every single episode of Seinfeld is now exclusively on Netflix
    It's a show... about nothing.
    This has been my comedy watch for the last few weeks. I didn't see it first time it was aired but I'm really enjoying it. It's so clever and as it was in the 90s I'm getting the nostalgia as a bonus 
  • Squid game was superb, worthy of the reviews. 
  • Carried on with Midnight Mass. Now I realise it’s not jump-out-your-seat horror like the last two series but more of a comment on faith and a series of miracles in this close-knit Catholic community, at least I know where I stand.