Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Finally finished Gomorrah.

Season 5 due out soon as well.
    What did you think mate?
    Really good. Season's 2 and 3 were by far the best. I nearly gave up on season 4 purely because the storyline didn't go in the direction I wanted it to  :D

Some characters 'made' the series, for me, it and would have like to have seen some stick around for the duration (you probably know who I mean ;) ).
    Did you watch 'The Immortal' spinoff film mate? I would if you haven't.......
    Nope. Am all over it later, though. Nice one  :)
  • That’s pretty much how I saw it @Big_Bad_World

Never thought id be so engrossed in a non-English subtitled show but loved it.

I think what is sometimes difficult with watching shows like this at a later date is there are sometimes repetitive trends in structure, series flow etc than become more noticeable when binge watching within a short space of time. Which if you watched on release, 12 months apart, probably wouldn’t be so noticeable.

I need to watch The Immortal as well
  • That’s pretty much how I saw it @Big_Bad_World

I think what is sometimes difficult with watching shows like this at a later date is there are sometimes repetitive trends in structure, series flow etc than become more noticeable when binge watching within a short space of time. Which if you watched on release, 12 months apart, probably wouldn’t be so noticeable.

I've got this and Narcos pretty much on a par with each other. Narcos Mexico falls behind but am also looking forward to season 3 of that, which is also due out soon.

Someone recommended Chestnut Man a while back. I'd second that as far as subtitled series go, if you haven't already.

What did you think mate?
    Really good. Season's 2 and 3 were by far the best. I nearly gave up on season 4 purely because the storyline didn't go in the direction I wanted it to  :D

Some characters 'made' the series, for me, it and would have like to have seen some stick around for the duration (you probably know who I mean ;) ).
    That’s pretty much how I saw it @Big_Bad_World

You need to watch it before season 5.........
  • Good to know @SuedeAdidas cheers 
  • Narcos Mexico series 3 out on Netflix on 5th November. 

Enjoying the Maid atm.
  • Not seen the Immortal either. As far as I can tell it's not available on streamng services unless you pay for it, but only £3.49 on Amazon or Youtube
  • Jints said:
    Not seen the Immortal either. As far as I can tell it's not available on streamng services unless you pay for it, but only £3.49 on Amazon or Youtube
    It's also available via many off the shelf apks (FilmPlus, Cinema HD, CyberFlix etc).
  • halfway through Guilt, really enjoying it, little confused but didn't help I was nodding off through episode 1. Think Mark Bonnar is an excellent actor.

Also really enjoying The Long Call on ITV currently.
  • Jints said:
    Not seen the Immortal either. As far as I can tell it's not available on streamng services unless you pay for it, but only £3.49 on Amazon or Youtube
    FYI
  • Sponsored links:

• Watched the first 2 episodes of the new Cobra series on Sky. Not brilliant (some of the acting leaves a lot to be desired) but worth watching.
  • Narcos Mexico series 3 out on Netflix on 5th November. 

Enjoying the Maid atm

Kenneth Williams Archive KENNETHWILLlAMS  Twitter

What did you think mate?

When’s season 5 out?
  • edited October 2021
    Boom said:
    Finally finished Gomorrah.

What did you think mate?

When’s season 5 out?
    19th November. Sky Atlantic, I believe.
  • edited October 2021
    Finally finished Gomorrah.

What did you think mate?

Again, thanks for the heads up. Have just put it on.

EDIT: It's taken 20 minutes of watching to realise I watched it as a stand alone film about 18 months ago. Going to have to watch it all again to jog the memory and put everything together.
  • 'Impeachment' .. terrific US docudrama re The Clintons generally and Monica Lewinski in particular .. great acting, especially Edie Falco (Mrs Soprano) .. the 'real' Monica L is a joint producer of the series and so far the portrayal of Bill Clinton seems to me that she still has a soft spot for the old rogue, that is if she influenced the scripts .. 2 down, 8 to go

What did you think mate?

EDIT: It's taken 20 minutes of watching to realise I watched it as a stand alone film about 18 months ago. Going to have to watch it all again to jog the memory and put everything together.
    Haha. It’ll make more sense this time around. 

What did you think mate?

Haha. It’ll make more sense this time around. 
    Certainly made the weird ending (first time around) make sense  :D
  • Watched the first 2 episodes of the new Cobra series on Sky. Not brilliant (some of the acting leaves a lot to be desired) but worth watching.
    Good but be interested what you think of the ending
    The ending was shit. It seemed to me like someone only reminded them it was the last episode when there was about 15 minutes left. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Universe is on iPlayer. Professor Brian Cox’s new instalment of explaining the Cosmos. It’s pretty dumbed down but the visuals and soundtrack are amazing. 
  • 'Impeachment' .. terrific US docudrama re The Clintons generally and Monica Lewinski in particular .. great acting, especially Edie Falco (Mrs Soprano) .. the 'real' Monica L is a joint producer of the series and so far the portrayal of Bill Clinton seems to me that she still has a soft spot for the old rogue, that is if she influenced the scripts .. 2 down, 8 to go
    I've been watching this too. Finished 7 episodes so far and will be watching the latest 8th episode this weekend. Very good indeed. The previous two seasons of American Crime Story are about the OJ Simpson case and the murder of Versace, both of which are fantastic and highly recommended. 
  • edited October 2021
    Jessie said:
    'Impeachment' .. terrific US docudrama re The Clintons generally and Monica Lewinski in particular .. great acting, especially Edie Falco (Mrs Soprano) .. the 'real' Monica L is a joint producer of the series and so far the portrayal of Bill Clinton seems to me that she still has a soft spot for the old rogue, that is if she influenced the scripts .. 2 down, 8 to go
    I've been watching this too. Finished 7 episodes so far and will be watching the latest 8th episode this weekend. Very good indeed. The previous two seasons of American Crime Story are about the OJ Simpson case and the murder of Versace, both of which are fantastic and highly recommended. 
    where did you find seven episodes ? .. last I looked there were only 2 on the iPlayer .. as you say all three various series have been great, superb locations, cinematography, costumes,  production, acting, even if they were an episode or two too long ?

EDIT .. as you're overseas, I guess you are watching on one of the US commercial stations
  • Yes there are ways for us to watch all the latest TV series here. 
  • Have watched The Outlaws on Iplayer - first 2 parts available. Comedy thriller written by Steven Merchant - very enjoyable and a good cast.
    Just watched episode 1. Nearly didn’t make it through the first 25 mins as it wasn’t grabbing me and the script was stock standard Stephen Merchant. Fine but nothing new. Got more interested towards the end as the story developed. Will persevere. 

• Have watched The Outlaws on Iplayer - first 2 parts available. Comedy thriller written by Steven Merchant - very enjoyable and a good cast.
    Just watched episode 1. Nearly didn’t make it through the first 25 mins as it wasn’t grabbing me and the script was stock standard Stephen Merchant. Fine but nothing new. Got more interested towards the end as the story developed. Will persevere. 

Good to know, since my first reaction was like yours. Similarly I wasnt sure about the Chestnut Man (on Netflix) but after @Big_Bad_World gave it the thumbs up I watched E2, and am getting into it. 

Episode 2 moves the story along.
  • I'm really struggling with Succession.

It's getting rave reviews bit I'm two in and not feeling it.
    Shit, I wasn’t even sure it was the last episode. Had to check there weren’t any more after it finished. 

Good to know, since my first reaction was like yours. Similarly I wasnt sure about the Chestnut Man (on Netflix) but after @Big_Bad_World gave it the thumbs up I watched E2, and am getting into it. 
    It does pick up, I'm glad its been said the first 25 minutes or so were a bit on the slow side. It properly hits its stride and some of Steven Merchants more direct routes to my funny bone are there, none more so when they are discussing the pulling down of Colstons statue in Bristol 

Christopher Walker is great in it too