Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Another disappointing drama finished - Hollingsworth Drive 
  • McBobbin said:
    Series 3 of what we do in the shadows should begin on BBC 2 tomorrow (available elsewhere on VPN already no doubt). One of the best shows in years, can't wait!
    BAT!
  • Valley of Tears ..  More 4, .. not a tale of the Duchatelet/ESI years .. Yom Kippur war 1973 .. excellent
  • Strange decision of the BBC to put 5 episodes of The Outlaws of iplayer but not the 6th
  • Unusually for itv I thought the tower was decent last night. 
  • The third series of Narcos Mexico arrived on Netflix today. 4 episodes in already. Brilliant! 
    And that means I have to depart this thread for a few weeks. See you all on the other side!
    Can you watch Narcos Mexico without watching the original Narcos? 
  • Valley11 said:
    The third series of Narcos Mexico arrived on Netflix today. 4 episodes in already. Brilliant! 
    And that means I have to depart this thread for a few weeks. See you all on the other side!
    Can you watch Narcos Mexico without watching the original Narcos? 
    Yes. I would say though that Narcos is the better of the two. 
  • The Cockfields is back on Dave. Really amusing and touching comedy written by David Earl and Joe Wilkinson, starring Joe Wilkinson, Sue Johnstone and replacing the sadly departed and excellent Bobby Ball is the bloke who played Rab C Nesbitt 

Its made me properly laugh several times already and picks up nicely from the first series. Listeners of gossip mongers will recognise a scene being played out as well 
  • edited November 2021
    If you are a Tesco Clubcard user you can get three months of Disney + for £6 of vouchers, expires 14 November.

I've signed up to watch a couple of things that I've missed out on but any recommendations would be welcome... I do not watch Marvel superhero stuff or Star Wars, which might limit options! 
  • TEL said:
    Crikey.
    My Hubby worked on that case back in the day.
    Operation Minstead.
    Is it only on ITV?
    Its on Britbox too....series one at the moment.
    It finally came on RTÉ, I’ve recorded it so it’s in the bank awaiting a dull day.

I turned off Squid Games, jesus what a load of old shite 😳
  • Sponsored links:

• Watched first episode of the new Dexter series last night. Bit strange having his sister cast as his conscience, but overall really good and very satisfying ending as usual!
  • Wilma said:
    If you are a Tesco Clubcard user you can get three months of Disney + for £6 of vouchers, expires 14 November.

I've signed up to watch a couple of things that I've missed out on but any recommendations would be welcome... I do not watch Marvel superhero stuff or Star Wars, which might limit options! 
    The documentary "summer of soul" is a must-watch, as is the recording of the musical "Hamilton", genuinely can't think of anything else I've seen there, though my kids have seen a few things. Got a 6 month freebie from O2, but doubt we will continue with it
  • McBobbin said:
    Wilma said:

The documentary "summer of soul" is a must-watch, as is the recording of the musical "Hamilton", genuinely can't think of anything else I've seen there, though my kids have seen a few things. Got a 6 month freebie from O2, but doubt we will continue with it
    Watched Summer of Soul in the cinema and loved it. Stevie Wonder on th edrums is just amazing
  • Larry David on top form with the latest CYE series.
  • Carter said:
    Have watched The Outlaws on Iplayer - first 2 parts available. Comedy thriller written by Steven Merchant - very enjoyable and a good cast.
    Just watched episode 1. Nearly didn’t make it through the first 25 mins as it wasn’t grabbing me and the script was stock standard Stephen Merchant. Fine but nothing new. Got more interested towards the end as the story developed. Will persevere. 

Good to know, since my first reaction was like yours. Similarly I wasnt sure about the Chestnut Man (on Netflix) but after @Big_Bad_World gave it the thumbs up I watched E2, and am getting into it. 
    It does pick up, I'm glad its been said the first 25 minutes or so were a bit on the slow side. It properly hits its stride and some of Steven Merchants more direct routes to my funny bone are there, none more so when they are discussing the pulling down of Colstons statue in Bristol 

Christopher Walker is great in it too
    Watched Part 3 of the Outlaws on Iplayer and it's pretty awful - not sure if I will watch any more. Part 3 is just awash with stereotypes.....
    Picked up again in the last few parts - an enjoyable watch.
  • The three consecutive nights series The Tower was a bit of a strange one. Intriguing opening, with a strong central character. But all went a bit all over the place by the end. Think the basic message - the series is based on a book written by a former Met officer - was that all coppers at every level are forever covering each overs' arses. 
  • TEL said:
    Temple with Mark Strong....very promising, a surgeon working below Temple station on people who can't got to hospital for varying reasons whilst attempting to work on a cure for his research wife's incurable illness.

Red Election, political crime thriller with the eastern bloc being the usual baddies....it has Steven Dillane in it so its got my attention.

War of the Worlds....its gone a bit weird in season two but Im hanging in there.

All these are available on SBS on demand for free ( you will probably need a VPN). Some fantastic foreign films too if that's your thing.
    I really appreciate SBS, (although I dont appreciate finding out that Oz TV ad spots are like the worst 80’s UK work).

also enjoying Red Election
    Algiers Confidential - director of Spiral did this, so say SBS
    and finally Home Ground, the Norwegian series about a small town football club. Love it, but they are removing it at the end of the month.
  • Just got hooked on Borgen (Danish political drama).
    Me too soapy.  So much better than House of Cards for example.  We’re well into season 2 and cann’t wait to watch the next episodes.  How would you like Birgitte as PM?
  • Enjoyed The Trick on iPlayer. Excellent cast. Obviously as it’s a true story, the outcome is known so it made it all the more powerful that it proved thought provoking despite know in what happened. Jason Watkins, as ever, is superb. 
  • A new series of Top Gear started on BBC last night and they did a segment on Eddie Kidd which was brilliant. Really worth a watch to see his skill and bravery again. I must admit I had tears in my eyes watching it. Even if you're not a fan of TG then skip to the end of the episode just to see this. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Wilma said:
    A new series of Top Gear started on BBC last night and they did a segment on Eddie Kidd which was brilliant. Really worth a watch to see his skill and bravery again. I must admit I had tears in my eyes watching it. Even if you're not a fan of TG then skip to the end of the episode just to see this. 
    I seem to have a childhood recollection of Eddie Kidd performing a show / doing some jumps at 'Fanny on the Hill' / East Wickham Open Space way back when, but perhaps am mistaken.
  • I am stuck indoors with a dose of feck knows what (NOT Covid) .. so binge watched Showtrial on Friday .. the usual odd gaping hole in the plot but overall very bingewatchworthy
  • Wilma said:
    A new series of Top Gear started on BBC last night and they did a segment on Eddie Kidd which was brilliant. Really worth a watch to see his skill and bravery again. I must admit I had tears in my eyes watching it. Even if you're not a fan of TG then skip to the end of the episode just to see this. 
    It was a very moving watch. You forget how famous he was.
  • Inside the care crisis(Iplayer) 
    A 2 part series that illustrates many of the problems facing the care sector. A pretty upsetting watch which shames the UK.
  • McBobbin said:
    Series 3 of what we do in the shadows should begin on BBC 2 tomorrow (available elsewhere on VPN already no doubt). One of the best shows in years, can't wait!
    BAT!
    I’ve just finished it on iPlayer and think S3 is the best written yet. Some of the Matt Berry dialogue is just brilliant.
  • edited November 2021
    Inside the care crisis(Iplayer) 
    A 2 part series that illustrates many of the problems facing the care sector. A pretty upsetting watch which shames the UK.
    Ed Balls came across really well. 
  • Inside the care crisis(Iplayer) 
    Ed Balls come across really well. 
    He definitely seemed genuine .
  • Anyone invested any time in to 'See', the Jason Momoa series. Am an episode in and liking it so far.

Premise is that humankind has been reduced to 2 million people, all of which have lost the ability to see. Until, that is, twins are born with sight.
  • Anyone invested any time in to 'See', the Jason Momoa series. Am an episode in and liking it so far.

Premise is that humankind has been reduced to 2 million people, all of which have lost the ability to see. Until, that is, twins are born with sight.
    Sounds intriguing… where’s it available?