Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Been watching Narcos Mexico season 3 this week. It's a bit slower than previous seasons but still very good. Episode 3 and 4 have been my favourite episodes so far. Funnily enough they are directed by Wagner Moura who played Escobar in previous seasons. Shame this is the last season of the franchise. I like it so much it's one of my all time favourite TV series. Think I'll miss it. 
  • Just about to dip a toe into Cowboy Bebop on Netflix.  Wish me luck.
  • Re-watched the third (althought listed as first) season of Top Boy on Netflix. Still really enjoyable. Really looking forward to the new season coming out.
  • The new Disney+ series Hawkeye has started up. If you like the Marvel stuff then it's a fun way to spend some time seeing a lower scale, lighter kind of series.

Conversely if you are unfamiliar with or not a fan of the MCU stay well way as this will convert nobody. 
  • Watched The Outlaws on I player about a group on community service found it enjoyable
  • Just binge watched The Manhunt.
    Wow.
    Got to say they nailed it. Can’t say that about many real life crime adaptations.
    The fact that we both sat nodding, gasping, laughing, crying through the whole 4 episodes without stopping says all you need to know.
    Just felt like I’ve relived a whole chunk of our working life.

Thoroughly recommend to anyone who hasn’t seen it.
    We pretty much binge watched season 1 and 2. One of the most interesting things we have seen in a long while. Wasn’t sure how I would take to seeing Martin Clunes in a serious role but he certainly nailed the part.
  • Chaz Hill said:
    Just binge watched The Manhunt.
    Wow.
    Got to say they nailed it. Can’t say that about many real life crime adaptations.
    The fact that we both sat nodding, gasping, laughing, crying through the whole 4 episodes without stopping says all you need to know.

We pretty much binge watched season 1 and 2. One of the most interesting things we have seen in a long while. Wasn’t sure how I would take to seeing Martin Clunes in a serious role but he certainly nailed the part.
    Clunes was excellent. 
    In fact I thought the whole cast were very very good.
    I particularly liked the guy who played Simon Morgan. Mainly because he looked nothing like him but acted very well 🤣🤣
  • Anyone watched the Beatles: Get Back thing on Disney yet?
  • Just binge watched The Manhunt.
    Wow.

One of the best "true crime" dramas I've seen because the characters were believable and likeable, and the story didn't need snazzing up. Anothe rone that leaps to mind is "Little Boy Blue" if you can find it
  • McBobbin said:
    Just binge watched The Manhunt.
    Wow.

One of the best "true crime" dramas I've seen because the characters were believable and likeable, and the story didn't need snazzing up. Anothe rone that leaps to mind is "Little Boy Blue" if you can find it
    Will have a gander, thanks 👍🏼
  • Sponsored links:

• Doesn't require much brain power, but I'm hooked on Richard hammond's workshop, I do think RH is a bit of a tit but if you like classic cars you'll like this. It lives on discovery +.
    Watched about 45 minutes of the 1st episode. Loved it so far. 
    Have watched the first episode. Really enjoying it.
  • Just binged season 1 and 2 of Narcos Mexico, thanks to a recommendation on here. 

What a stunningly intelligent piece of television. Faultless.

Anyone seen season 3? Obviously one of the main characters missing! 
  • New series of Selling Sunset is out......
  • Valley11 said:
    Just binged season 1 and 2 of Narcos Mexico, thanks to a recommendation on here. 

Have got 2 episodes left, that I'll be watching later this evening. One of my favourite series that I've watched.
    Just watched the 1st episode this afternoon. Don't think I could have watched two and a half hours if it was any other band, this was fascinating. 
  • Valley11 said:
    Just binged season 1 and 2 of Narcos Mexico, thanks to a recommendation on here. 

Have got 2 episodes left, that I'll be watching later this evening. One of my favourite series that I've watched.
    Does season 3 live up to the other two?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2021
    Valley11 said:
    Valley11 said:

I just finished season 3 this past weekend and already started to miss it badly😂. It's not as great as the first two seasons but as a huge fan of the whole Narcos franchise I still really enjoyed it. Have you watched the original Narcos series which is about the Colombian cartels? It's more intense and faster-paced than the Mexico spinoff. 

I'm now watching Zero Zero Zero which also focuses on Mexican drug dealers plus American and Italian ones. I actually watched two episodes when it was just released in 2019 but didn't get around to watching the rest of it. It's really great. 

Has anyone watched El Chapo the other series produced by Netflix? Obviously it can't compete with Narcos when it comes to budgets but I think I'll give it a try when I finish Zero Zero Zero. 
  • Jessie said:
    Valley11 said:
    Valley11 said:

I just finished season 3 this past weekend and already started to miss it badly😂. It's not as great as the first two seasons but as a huge fan of the whole Narcos franchise I still really enjoyed it. Have you watched the original Narcos series which is about the Colombian cartels? It's more intense and faster-paced than the Mexico spinoff. 

I'm now watching Zero Zero Zero which also focuses on Mexican drug dealers plus American and Italian ones. I actually watched two episodes when it was just released in 2019 but didn't get around to watching the rest of it. It's really great. 

Has anyone watched El Chapo the other series produced by Netflix? Obviously it can't compete with Narcos when it comes to budgets but I think I'll give it a try when I finish Zero Zero Zero. 
    El Chapo is excellent. You will enjoy it. 
  • Curb Your Enthusiasm was excellent tonight.
  • Anyone else started watching Wheel of Time on Amazon ? watched the first 3 episodes and as far as I am concerned its pretty darn good 
  • magic1999 said:
    Anyone else started watching Wheel of Time on Amazon ? watched the first 3 episodes and as far as I am concerned its pretty darn good 
    Yeah acting was a bit clunky first episode with the characters spelling the story out to us but I've been enjoying it
  • What’s it about ? 
  • MrOneLung said:
    What’s it about ? 
    Not too sure mate

Essentially a chosen one has been born and is of a certain age and they are the dragon reborn but what that means I have no idea. A group of magic women and their protectors called wards who are double hard are looking for them and want to go to a place called the white tower and they are being hunted by some pretty unpleasant characters including a man who cuts hands off these magic women and burns them as well as these pretty scary things called fades that will make you jump at at least one point. The fades have an army of big orcy-gremlins that are very violent and growly. The "kids" are all beautiful and plucked straight out of stage school and all look about 30 but by episode 3 have grown into their characters. 

I'm all in, new episodes every Friday 

• I'm really not sure about the show but one of the young actors looks the spitting image of Katie Price's son Harvey.
  • edited November 2021
    I caught up with it this week and think the Wheel of Time is a bit of a stinker tbh. The acting's very wooden from almost everyone, Rosemund Pike is phoning it in and I hope she got a lot of money out of Amazon. I don't care about a single character.

The CGI scenes are a little sub-par, but I accept it's a TV series not blockbuster movie. The plot's a mystery and the sound mix is a mess.

Apart from all that, recommended 👍🏻
  • ...weirdly, despite not enjoying it I'll probably stick with it, in the hope it picks up.