Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• I'm really struggling with Succession.

It's getting rave reviews bit I'm two in and not feeling it.
    Snap, we bailed out half way through episode one.
  • TELTEL
    edited October 2021
    Crikey.
    My Hubby worked on that case back in the day.
    Operation Minstead.
    Is it only on ITV?
    Its on Britbox too....series one at the moment.
  • TELTEL
    edited October 2021
    Temple with Mark Strong....very promising, a surgeon working below Temple station on people who can't got to hospital for varying reasons whilst attempting to work on a cure for his research wife's incurable illness.

Red Election, political crime thriller with the eastern bloc being the usual baddies....it has Steven Dillane in it so its got my attention.

War of the Worlds....its gone a bit weird in season two but Im hanging in there.

All these are available on SBS on demand for free ( you will probably need a VPN). Some fantastic foreign films too if that's your thing.
  • Watched the first 2 episodes of the new Cobra series on Sky. Not brilliant (some of the acting leaves a lot to be desired) but worth watching.
    Good but be interested what you think of the ending
    Shit, I wasn’t even sure it was the last episode. Had to check there weren’t any more after it finished. 
    My thinking exactly!
  • Not new but just finished Lupin on Netflix.
    Highly recommended 
  • I'm really struggling with Succession.

It's getting rave reviews bit I'm two in and not feeling it.
    I have to say that it grabbed me immediately and for me is a contender for the best TV show ever. 
  • There’s no turf wars, product, disrespect, FBI and mass murders, but I’m enjoying this new series of The Larkin’s far more than I thought i would. Just nice, cosy Sunday tea time viewing. Like a comfy pair of slippers. 

Should be one for the You Know You’re Getting Old thread :-) 
    Highly recommended 
    Yes excellent French series. The main actor Omar Sy is in a film called Intouchable, which is hilarious. A great watch. 
  • There’s no turf wars, product, disrespect, FBI and mass murders, but I’m enjoying this new series of The Larkin’s far more than I thought i would. Just nice, cosy Sunday tea time viewing. Like a comfy pair of slippers. 

We watched one and half episodes and had to give it up. 

The actress playing Mariette is too old
    the actress play Ma Larkin is doing an impression of Pam Ferris playing Ma Larkin. 
    Bradley Walsh seems a bit stilted to me and don’t get me started on the main ‘villain’ and his hammy performances. 
  • edited November 2021
    Finally watched Succession.  Well, sort of.  Accidentally clicked on the wedding episode but thought we'd watch the first one so then watched the second one and were most confused when Shiv gets proposed to.  Finally watched the first episode and now a lot of what happens in the second one makes sense.

Still have no empathy with any of the characters and would have been quite happy if all the helicopters had crashed and burnt so not sure how much more we'll watch.  Yes, the actings good but when you don't care what happens to anyone that only goes so far.  Compare that to Squid Game where you wanted quite a few of them to survive.
  • Sponsored links:

• Carter said:
    Have watched The Outlaws on Iplayer - first 2 parts available. Comedy thriller written by Steven Merchant - very enjoyable and a good cast.
    Just watched episode 1. Nearly didn’t make it through the first 25 mins as it wasn’t grabbing me and the script was stock standard Stephen Merchant. Fine but nothing new. Got more interested towards the end as the story developed. Will persevere. 

Good to know, since my first reaction was like yours. Similarly I wasnt sure about the Chestnut Man (on Netflix) but after @Big_Bad_World gave it the thumbs up I watched E2, and am getting into it. 
    It does pick up, I'm glad its been said the first 25 minutes or so were a bit on the slow side. It properly hits its stride and some of Steven Merchants more direct routes to my funny bone are there, none more so when they are discussing the pulling down of Colstons statue in Bristol 

Christopher Walker is great in it too
    Watched Part 3 of the Outlaws on Iplayer and it's pretty awful - not sure if I will watch any more. Part 3 is just awash with stereotypes.....
    Highly recommended 
    Yes excellent French series. The main actor Omar Sy is in a film called Intouchable, which is hilarious. A great watch. 
    Intouchables is such a great film.
  • The Good Doctor is pretty decent if you are fascinated by autism, which I am. The actor playing the lead is doing a good job...assuming he isn't autistic!
  • magic1999 said:
    Good Omens on Amazon well worth a watch
    Just binged the whole series again for the (I think) 12th time.
    Terrific show and so pleased that work on series 2 has just started recording (hope it's filmed before the next lockdown.)
  • The Good Doctor is pretty decent if you are fascinated by autism, which I am. The actor playing the lead is doing a good job...assuming he isn't autistic!
    My wife loves watching this - the actor isnt autistic but plays the role extremely well, then again he's English in an American show so what should they expect.
  • Series 3 of what we do in the shadows should begin on BBC 2 tomorrow (available elsewhere on VPN already no doubt). One of the best shows in years, can't wait!
    Highly recommended 
    Thought Omar Sy was fantastic in Lupin and he reminded me of Idris playing Luther at times.
    If the french make their own version, he’d be the man for the job.
    My wife loves watching this - the actor isnt autistic but plays the role extremely well, then again he's English in an American show so what should they expect.
    I watched two seasons of this in 2018/2019 and loved it very much. Didn't continue to watch the next 3 seasons though. Freddie Highmore played the role really well. Think he's been typecast since Bates Motel though. I recently watched the film The Vault after reading positive comments on this forum. Highmore played a very intelligent young student in it and all I saw was 'Shaun Murphy' and 'Norman Bates'.....
  • Just finished the first two episodes of absentia, so far, so good!
    What did you make of it, mate? I'm on episode 5 of season 1 and seems very good.
  • Got quite bored of Squid Games after ep2. Not enough interest in any character's alongside it feeling part of a computer game probably did it for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Been watching The Cleaner on Iplayer starring Greg Davies.

Easy watching, silly, British comedy
  • Thought Showtrial was ok. 
    Nothing special, but not a turkey. 
  • Angela Black is awful. Wish it was streamed so we could just plough through final few episodes 
  • enjoying the new series of Shetland. Angela Black is getting tedious but will stick with it. 
  • Mr Inbetween on Disney +

Very dry and sometimes not so dry humoured Aussie drama/comedy with some insanely violent scenes and some very touching scenes too 

The pub featured in it is my local, it’s The Swan on the Green in West Peckham just off Seven Mile Lane. Lots of filming took place outside on the green as well. The building they used as the Post Office is actually the old post office that is a house now. 
  • Into the third series of Start Up on Netflix. Started slowly but livens up after a few episodes.
  • Carter said:
    Mr Inbetween on Disney +

Very dry and sometimes not so dry humoured Aussie drama/comedy with some insanely violent scenes and some very touching scenes too 
    Watched it a while back, thought it was very good.
  • The third series of Narcos Mexico arrived on Netflix today. 4 episodes in already. Brilliant! 
  • The third series of Narcos Mexico arrived on Netflix today. 4 episodes in already. Brilliant! 
    And that means I have to depart this thread for a few weeks. See you all on the other side!