Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Not at all new.
    But I’m 3 episodes into Stranger Things.

I like!
    Very Stephen Kingesque.
    The soundtrack is cool too 😁
  • Been watching Moon Knight on Disney+

Darker than nearly anything else thrown out by the MCU so far, the end of Ep4 and Ep5 have been confusing as hell - But the acting by Oscar Isaac in the most recent episode has been nothing short of excellent, especially as he's basically playing a character who has a personality disorder.

The last episode gets released next Wednesday (for those who want to wait and binge it)

But I'm going to be interested to see how its all tied up within an hour, if thats how long the last episode is.
  • Anybody watched the Iceman thing on BBC? Pretty fascinating stuff especially the breathing technique on this week. It’s got me intrigued and I’ve just started reading his stuff.
    Yep, Wim Hoff.
    As a regular cold water swimmer I’m watching it for that reason but the breathing technique episode I found very interesting.
    I actually like the mix of celebs too.

Mind you, I’ll stick to swimming in my togs in cold water all year round.
    Not a chance I’d be jumping off that bridge 😳😱
    some very revealing stuff from Patrice Evra, from being a thief and drug dealer on the streets of Paris to then revealing that he had been sexually abused when young by his head teacher. Very brave to share that on national TV and very emotional. I liked him recently when he'd been on A League of Their Own Road Trip where he came across as a very likeable person and up for a laugh, I like him even more now.

Funniest moment though was Gaby Yorath telling how she managed to stick her finger up her Boxer dogs arse !!

Can't say there is a celeb on it I don't like although Lee Mack can be quite annoying.
  • edited April 2022
    Not at all new.

I like!
    Very Stephen Kingesque.
    Just finished 1st series. Wasn't bothered about it but our daughter pestered us to watch it (she's 13). Not usually my sort of thing but really enjoyed it. Looking forward to tearing through series 2 & 3 now. 
  • The Last Kingdom.

For some unknown reason, I watched the first series on the beeb and then completely abandoned it.
    Goodness knows why. It is unbelievably good and I'm rattling through the rest at a rate of knots!

My only compaint Is that Uhtred sounds like Michael McIntyre when he speaks!
  • edited April 2022
    Not at all new.

I like!
    Very Stephen Kingesque.
    We need to rewatch it before S4, so thank you got the reminder.
  • Last part of Ozark out now.
  • Last part of Ozark out now.
    Good news. I'm trying to get through Queen of The South (which I think is absolutely awful but the wife enjoys) before watching a series of something else. Ozark finale will probably be the next one.
  • Going nuts deep in season 5 of Snowfall tonight.

A 6th and final season has also been agreed.

Gave up on Breaking Bad 3 episodes from the end as I genuinely gave up caring how it ended.
    Me too. Don't think we missed anything. 
  • TELTEL
    edited April 2022
    Just just got around to watching the final three episodes of 1883.

it just got grittier after the first couple of episodes and I became really invested in the characters. 

I can count on two fingers the number of programs I've watched that have brought me to tears.... the last episode is just brutal on so many levels. I had to leave the room about 5-6 minutes before the end as it was just too close to home and too much for me. 

I went back and watched it the next day and managed to keep reasonably composed.

what a fantastic portrayal of life and death in 1883. 

Well written and the actors really pulled this off. 

Highly recommended 
  • Sponsored links:

• Wife just got a new iPhone so we took up the free trial on Apple TV 

Bit hit and miss

Hit

See. Surprisingly good story starring Jason Momoa. Well worth a look. 

Miss

Invasion. By episode four I was willing the aliens to kill off all of the lead actors. 

Couple of others I will persevere with and comment on later 

• Watched the final episode of American Rust and wasn't until the credits rolled I realised it was the final episode. Says much about the writing. 
  • Halo

Watched the first two episodes and had no clue as to the stories gaming origins.

Really quite enjoyable so far but does remind me a little of the Belters in the excellent The Expanse. 
  • Finished HBO Max's Tokyo Vice and Apple TV's Slow Horses around the same time. Both were decent. Slow Horses is quite fast paced and entertaining. Tokyo Vice has a more real feel to it as it's loosely based on a book written about true events. It started a bit slowly but got better and better. Shame it didn't have a closure and we have to wait for at least another season for a complete story. 

Slow Horses 8/10
    Tokyo Vice 8.5/10 

I'd recommend both. 
  • edited May 2022
    Binge watched the Ozark finale half season. Utterly bonkers but compelling viewing. Thoroughly enjoyed the whole 4 seasons but if anything was almost inevitably a little disappointed by the last few episodes. Felt like they were trying too hard to bring everything together when it could easily have rumbled on for at least another season. No spoilers. Suffice to say, a big ending and a whole load of deaths throughout the season.  A couple of plot twists for me that were just too silly, especially the return of Wendy’s estranged drunken happy bappy father (played by the bloke who was John Boy Walton), a very public meltdown by Marty that would have seen any of us in prison and trending on social media and an utter red herring from the trailer that was completely pointless to the plot. On the positive side though, when you accept that this is drama and not reality, it is a roller coaster ride. Good to see the return of some previous cast members and most characters were either finished off or had their stories neatly ended. But did the Byrdds get their comeuppance?  You’ll have to watch to find out (and avoid t’internet for a few days as there are spoilers all over the place)
  • Just started watching Muhammad Ali documentary on BBC iPlayer. Superb so far, even if you've seen a few of them
  • TEL said:
    Just just got around to watching the final three episodes of 1883.

it just got grittier after the first couple of episodes and I became really invested in the characters. 

I can count on two fingers the number of programs I've watched that have brought me to tears.... the last episode is just brutal on so many levels. I had to leave the room about 5-6 minutes before the end as it was just too close to home and too much for me. 

I went back and watched it the next day and managed to keep reasonably composed.

what a fantastic portrayal of life and death in 1883. 

Well written and the actors really pulled this off. 

Highly recommended 
    It was amazingly well written and the way life then was portrayed was so well handled. I couldn't agree more with what you have said there. The last couple of episodes were gut wrenching. 

I thoroughly recommend Yellowstone
  • Really struggling with this series of inside No. 9. I know it can be dark and off the wall, but just not getting it.
  • Really struggling with this series of inside No. 9. I know it can be dark and off the wall, but just not getting it.
    I thought the first episode was by far the worst they've done, no redeeming features at all in it for me. by contrast I really liked the second ep though it was very odd
  • Felt like the second one had been done already, but probably all the wicker Man references in league of gentleman. Thought first one was alright, nothing special
  • Sponsored links:

• rina said:
    Really struggling with this series of inside No. 9. I know it can be dark and off the wall, but just not getting it.
    I thought the first episode was by far the worst they've done, no redeeming features at all in it for me. by contrast I really liked the second ep though it was very odd
    Agreed that the second episode was much stronger than the first.
    I gave up after 15 mins of episode 1. I've never seen such garbage. 
    You mean of the entire programme or just the latest series? 
  • still quoting the line ‘oops bonus ball’ in this house from the first ep. Thought it was great. 
    The latest series. I've not seen any previous series.
    Yeah I think the general consensus was that the episode was poor, I thought it was ok but certainly not one of the better ones. If you ever consider retrying, I'd recommend Tom and Gerri (S1 Ep 6) or the 12 Days of Christine (S2 Ep 2).
    Yeah I think the general consensus was that the episode was poor, I thought it was ok but certainly not one of the better ones. If you ever consider retrying, I'd recommend Tom and Gerri (S1 Ep 6) or the 12 Days of Christine (S2 Ep 2).
    Is the correct answer. In fact, they’ve already made the best episode ever, which is the 12 Days Of Christine.
  • hawksmoor said:
    Really struggling with this series of inside No. 9. I know it can be dark and off the wall, but just not getting it.
    Is the correct answer. In fact, they’ve already made the best episode ever, which is the 12 Days Of Christine.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0c3gjjz

Worth a listen, inside inside No.9
  • Honestly think you're best just starting at the start with Inside No9 - Sardines is good and then A Quiet Night In is amazing (that and 12 Days of Christine are the best episodes, for me).
  • Just finished Ozark. Sad - been a great series.