Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Stranger Things s4 is out tomorrow.

I know it's a bit repetitive etc by now, but I still like it, good fun watch.
  • Obi-Wan Kenobi starts on Disney+ tomorrow. Looking forward to this, just hope it’s better than the awful Boba Fett series.
    Really looking forward to this
  • Stranger Things s4 is out tomorrow.

I know it's a bit repetitive etc by now, but I still like it, good fun watch.
    Oooh I’ve just started series 3.
    I’ve got to say I’m loving that it just takes me right back to being that age when I watch it.
    Don’t care how repetitive it is 😁
  • WHAddick said:
    Obi-Wan Kenobi starts on Disney+ tomorrow. Looking forward to this, just hope it’s better than the awful Boba Fett series.
    Really looking forward to this
    Me too.
    But I shall wait & binge watch it.
    Boba Fet wasn’t so bad when I did it like that 🤣🤣
  • I liked Boba Fett...acting was a bit wooden but I liked the stories so could see past it
  • Last night's inside no.9 one of the best in this series
  • Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix. Very good. 
  • Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix. Very good. 
    That's a film or have they made it into a series?
  • A series.
    I think the film was based on the first book.
    The series is based on the 2nd.
  • Sponsored links:

• Personally, I thought the first episode of Obi-Wan was an absolute non event. Picked up a bit in the second so I hope that continues through the next few weeks. 
  • Personally, I thought the first episode of Obi-Wan was an absolute non event. Picked up a bit in the second so I hope that continues through the next few weeks. 
    Only watched the first one and agree. Incredibly slow.
    Hopefully it will pick up but on first showing has more than a smuttering of the Boba Fetts
  • Craving more Obi-Wan - unsurprised on pacing in Ep 1 - brings to life just how monotonous the former Jedi’s life had become as he patiently await’s Luke’s adulthood. A huge sacrifice in itself while he remains tormented by the events of the past.

Ep2 really picked up the pace quicker than I had anticipated and it was a fascinating watch, seeing Obi, John Wick style…

The platform is now there, for four rollicking episodes and one or more lightsaber duels.

My only gripe is the ‘death’ of one character. If it is a genuine character death, Disney have decided to divert from existing canon for the first time, which I hope is not the case, as it will undermine the enjoyment of another series they are already within (some years later…). 
    Just finished the 1st 2 episodes, loved it. Massive improvement on Bobba Fett 
    Watched the second one and still not feeling it.

The inability of the bad guys and OWK to try and catch the young Princess Leia when she runs away is quite comical.
  • McBobbin said:
    Last night's inside no.9 one of the best in this series
    Enjoyed the last two, Kip/Nap & A random act of kindness.
  • Well the end of the first episode of Stranger Things made me shit myself 

"CHRISSIEEEEE" 
  • edited May 2022
    Personally, I thought the first episode of Obi-Wan was an absolute non event. Picked up a bit in the second so I hope that continues through the next few weeks. 

The inability of the bad guys and OWK to try and catch the young Princess Leia when she runs away is quite comical.
    Glad you've posted that as believed I couldn't be the only one that found that completely farcical.

Like so many of the Marvel series, it lets itself down with some absolutely daft bits.

Glad you've posted that as believed I couldn't be the only one that found that completely farcical.

Like so many of the Marvel series, it lets itself down with some absolutely daft bits.
    The lead actress is also very wooden. It's better than Bobba Fett but that's really not difficult.
  • Sponsored links:

• Potentially great joy for Scandi fans ( and anyone who enjoys political dramA and can do subtitles)

Borgen is back! This time as a Netflix production. I hope they didnt enforce too much change on the style and story lines. 

Available Thursday apparently. 
  • Just a heads up.

New Gone Fishing series back in the Autumn.

And away………………………..🎣🎣🎣🎣
    Brilliant series and I don't even like fishing. 

Stop reeling Bob.
  • Carter said:
    Well the end of the first episode of Stranger Things made me shit myself 

"CHRISSIEEEEE" 
    Proper horror now. Much darker feel to the start of this series than the past three - I suppose it represents them growing up and becoming young adults. Enjoyed it - though the homages are now almost at the point of ripoff rather than tribute (the roller rink scene in episode 2 was almost step for step a remake of Carrie) 
  • Just a heads up.

And away………………………..🎣🎣🎣🎣
    Brilliant  :D
  • Just a heads up.

And away………………………..🎣🎣🎣🎣
    Brilliant series and I don't even like fishing. 

Stop reeling Bob.
    Me either!
    I’m only in it for Ted 😜🤣🤣
  • Potentially great joy for Scandi fans ( and anyone who enjoys political dramA and can do subtitles)

Borgen is back! This time as a Netflix production. I hope they didnt enforce too much change on the style and story lines. 

Can't wait mate. 

Borgen is back! This time as a Netflix production. I hope they didn't enforce too much change on the style and story lines. 

Can't wait mate. 
    You are also going to enjoy Trom. It is set in the Faroe Islands if you please. I've started watching it on SBS, but BBC4 have bought it and word is it may debut in a week's time in the Saturday evening slot. I'm really enjoying the setting and seeing how they live there. And it's a good story too, usual Scandi mix.
  • We have been watching The Staircase on Sky Atlantic.

8 part series.
    We have watched 6 so far, and I am really enjoy it.
    I would certainly recommend it.
  • Obi Wan Kenobi has started pretty well.

Episode three certainly brought out some "Ohhhh s**t" epic moments from me
  • Obi Wan Kenobi has started pretty well.

Episode three certainly brought out some "Ohhhh s**t" epic moments from me
    Just home, dinner, darkened entertainment room, let the Obi continue. Cannot wait for this and hear it is dark…