Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    The new James Nesbitt series Suspect - truly dreadful.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I reckon it was shot during Covid, which was why all the episodes generally had only 2 actors.
    It wasn't great, I was glad when it finally ended.
  • Options
    The Midwich Cuckoos on Sky Max is decent.
  • Options

Blew it out half way through the second episode. 
  • Options
    Finished Obi- wan.

Ok in places but on the whole all a bit 'meh' for me.
  • Options
    It’s getting so hard to avoid the Series 4 spoilers for ST especially with Kate getting to number 1 all over the world.
    I was going to finish series 3 whilst on holiday but the Wi-Fi has been crap 😩😩😩😩
    Should have known it would always be poor in Southend. 

:smiley:
    C’mon Fanny, it’s Sarfend 😜😜😂😂
  • Options
    Finished Obi- wan.

Had some really good moments, but the story was definitely lacking. Some of the new characters were a disappointment.

Andor is next!
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Finished Obi- wan.

Yeah, great encounters but really lacking as an overall story.

Great cameo at the end... Disney with Marvel, and now Star Wars have shown that you cant believe someone when they really do try to deny that they're not appearing in something anymore.

The fights between Vadar and Kenobi were definitely the highlight

Didnt want to put this, or name drop Liam Neeson in case anyone hasnt seen it yet - Vadar and Kenobi were always going to meet the moment Christensen was announced, but still...

I hope because Neeson shows up, we get a Season Two

Would still love to see what he makes of the Kenobi / Anakin relationship.

Its a small thing, but what I missed more most of all, was the classic Star Wars music

I mean I get it when its not used in other series, but it has to be there with the main characters - Why the hell did we only get a brief piece with regards to the Imperial March, and the Force theme, those are just as iconic as anything else to do with the Star Wars Universe!!
  • Options
    Man versus Bee.  New on Netflix. FFS Rowan, you’re a generational talent but please know when it’s appropriate to put all the old routines in a rest home. 15 minute episodes were 14 minutes too long. Every situation you could see coming about 30 seconds in advance. Mr Bean 3.  Avoid. 
  • Options
    Started Maid following recommendations on here.  Didn't think it would be my kind of thing, but I'm halfway through & really enjoying it.  The lead actress is brilliant
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just watched Ep 1 of Halo, anyone else watching?

Very good start and shows some promise. . 
  • Options
    Severance is the best thing I've seen for years
    It was very clever & totally different to what I expected. Absolutely loved it,
  • Options
    Started Maid following recommendations on here.  Didn't think it would be my kind of thing, but I'm halfway through & really enjoying it.  The lead actress is brilliant
    Did the same tonight but neither Mrs SB nor I are getting on with it. Got to the end of episode 2 but doubt we’ll get round to watching the rest. 
  • Options

Not on again unless you subscribe to paramount. Good first episode though but unlikely to see another!

• Options
    edited June 2022
    Severance is the best thing I've seen for years
    It was very clever & totally different to what I expected. Absolutely loved it,
    Have just started this, it's got me intrigued after ep1
  • Options

Not on again unless you subscribe to paramount. Good first episode though but unlikely to see another!

I have an IPTV app and it has 10 x episodes in Season 1, second episode was a cracker as well. .
  • Options
    Anyone been watching The Boys on Amazon? Had it recommended to me last weekend and i've just binged the whole lot up to now - thoroughly enjoying it - not for the faint of heart or squeamish! (and the "English" accents are ridiculous !) 
  • Options
    Anyone been watching The Boys on Amazon? Had it recommended to me last weekend and i've just binged the whole lot up to now - thoroughly enjoying it - not for the faint of heart or squeamish! (and the "English" accents are ridiculous !) 
    I’m getting bored with it . The episode with soups orgy was way over the top . I’m thinking of ditching it 
  • Options
    I’m getting bored with it . The episode with soups orgy was way over the top . I’m thinking of ditching it 
    from the comic so was always going to be in it. Thought it was quite funny actually and enjoying this series as much as the first two 
  • Options
     Must say. I haven't really taken to it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    having watched in basically one block like I have - I haven't noticed any kind of drop off at all. I was a bit frustrated that they didn't do more with Stormfront, and I think the V26 thing is a bit of an unnecessary cop out that isn't required - it's more interesting having "non powered people trying to take down supes. But it's in the comic so.
  • Options
    I thought Halo was ok, I'm a big fan of the games so wasn't expecting much going on to it but stuck with it, I know it's been given a second season but honestly don't think it will get made, the majority of people who watched it are halo gamers and they hated everything about it, and paramount don't have enough subscribers to warrant spending the money on a show that won't be watched by enough casual viewers.
  • Options
    Is anyone else having any problems with streaming services? Keep finding episodes missing or not working.

Trying to watch Murder In The Alps but the app on my TV is showing Ep 3, phone saying Ep 2 and 3, laptop only Ep 2 on live channel - we need to watch episode 1 which came out yesterday! 

Tried to watch the Soccer Aid Who Wants To Be A Millionaire last week and the TV App just wouldnt play the show for us! Getting quite frustrating!
  • Options
    Finished Obi- wan.

I really enjoyed it, so much better than The Boba Fett series.
  • Options
    You can get a free 1 month trial of Paramount+ (use code SHORE).
    Just remember to cancel before you get charged.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Stranger Things 

One word

Fucking Awesome

OK - two words 😏
  • Options
    Well that is properly set up for Series 5. Excellent work from the Duffer brothers 
  • Options
    Rewatching Band Of Brothers. Is there a better box set around? Awesome.
    I watched this for the first time recently. Always meant to watch it as it’s so universally recommended, but only just got round to it. Very good series.
    Interesting to note too how there were quite a lot of small roles for actors who’ve since gone on to big things.
  • Options
    Rewatching Band Of Brothers. Is there a better box set around? Awesome.
    I watched this for the first time recently. Always meant to watch it as it’s so universally recommended, but only just got round to it. Very good series.
    Interesting to note too how there were quite a lot of small roles for actors who’ve since gone on to big things.
    Band of Brothers blew my mind at the time, some huge actors with bit parts and Damien Lewis is superb, really carries that role well. 

We finished Stranger Things yesterday and were blown away. This show is real gold standard work in the golden age for TV.