Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Just struggled through 30 minutes of The Control Room on BBC, as Catherine Tate would say “what a load of old shit”
    Glad it wasn’t just me. Utter toilet. 
    Agreed, saw it through to the end but it was garbage.
  • Options
    Here's a decent heads up for everyone. A little gem in the Fanackapans' opinion.

New series, Aussie, started last night on BBC 2 at 9pm entitled The Newsreader. Double episodes to whet the appetite ....

Watched those & then followed up by downloading the following 4 of the first series from iPlayer.

Seriously good - great acting, something different but fairly easy watching and totally enjoyable. 

Next series apparently being produced as we speak. 

Can't wait. 
    Yes, agree, wasn’t sure at the start but we’re enjoying it. The knucklehead Sports Reporter is a hoot. Took me a while to realise that the lady who plays Helen was the female lead from Fringe.

Also agree with others about The Control Room, very poor and a waste of Joanna Vanderham’s talent.
  • Options
    Here's a decent heads up for everyone. A little gem in the Fanackapans' opinion.

New series, Aussie, started last night on BBC 2 at 9pm entitled The Newsreader. Double episodes to whet the appetite ....

Watched those & then followed up by downloading the following 4 of the first series from iPlayer.

Seriously good - great acting, something different but fairly easy watching and totally enjoyable. 

Next series apparently being produced as we speak. 

Can't wait. 
    Watched it last year. Pretty good
  • Options
    Have watched both Sheerwood and the Control Room over the last couple of weeks Sheerwood was excellent and The Control Room was in my opinion poor normally BBC dramas are of a better standard.
  • Options
    Just binged both series of Back to Life on iPlayer. Dark comedy set in Hythe. Thought it was excellent. 
  • Options
    robroy said:
    Just started 'Black Bird on Apple, well worth a watch. 
     I'm 2 in. Good watch so far.
  • Options
    Another shout for severance on apple tv - best new show I've seen in years 
  • Options
    Have watched both Sheerwood and the Control Room over the last couple of weeks Sheerwood was excellent and The Control Room was in my opinion poor normally BBC dramas are of a better standard.
    Agreed, Sherwood was very good.  Control Room was so bad, I couldn’t complete it.  
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Agreed, Sherwood was very good.  Control Room was so bad, I couldn’t complete it.  
    I completed it and you didn't miss anything. 
  • Options
    jams said:
    I’m on episode 3 . Loving it so far 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chivalry - watched two episodes and gave up. a send up of the Metoo movement in Hollywood. not sure if it was meant to be a comedy or a drama. kind of thing media people would lap up. 

watched Muhammed ali documatry by ken burns on BBC. very good. 

The Rising - a girl, she dies. comes back but no one can see her but a dog and her drunk dad. proper shit. 

Midwich cuckoos was average at best. 

New series the undeclared war. Interesting but turns pretty poor. Thought the main actor was very poor. 

We own this city was pretty good. Though the back and forth in time was a bit confusing. Don't expect the same brilliance as the wire but not a bad series. 
  • Options
    Finished the new series on Sky Sifi last night - From.

Pretty good. Bit like Lost/Wayward Pines with some monsters.
  • Options
    Finished the new series on Sky Sifi last night - From.

Pretty good. Bit like Lost/Wayward Pines with some monsters.
    Downloading the series now, CS.

Thanks for the heads up.
  • Options
    jams said:
    I’m on episode 3 . Loving it so far 
    Finished it last week. Brilliant end to the first series 
  • Options
    Always loved newsroom dramas since the great Lou Grant. The Newsreader is up there with the best. Great characters. Liking some of those 80s Aussie cars.

Also just finished Becoming Elizabeth on Starz. Stretches the historical facts a bit, but a well told Tudor drama. The young German actress playing Elizabeth nails the English accent and Jessica Raines (the original lead in Call the Midwife) is rather raunchy!

• Options
    Enjoying The Newsreader, set in the late 80’s in Australia. Bit slow at times but enough good content to keep me interested.
  • Options
    Finally the guest appearances on Better Call Saul we’ve all been waiting for.

But even if it never happened it’d still be outstanding - I just love this programme. 
    Best spinoff show ever, imo.
    You're obviously too old to remember Robin's Nest, George and Mildred or Gooing Straight!

Yep, it's superb. I'm already looking forward to watching it all the way through again.
  • Options
    Jints said:
    Finally the guest appearances on Better Call Saul we’ve all been waiting for.

But even if it never happened it’d still be outstanding - I just love this programme. 
    Best spinoff show ever, imo.
    You're obviously too old to remember Robin's Nest, George and Mildred or Gooing Straight!

Yep, it's superb. I'm already looking forward to watching it all the way through again.
    Oh, I remember them alright. Going Straight was an absolute blight on the memory of Porridge. I liked Robin’s Nest only because of Tessa Wyatt’s seventies breasts. 😎
    (Also, I like how for some reason you think I’m too old to remember them - how old do you think I am?) 😂😂
  • Options
    First 3 episode of Arsenal - All or Nothing available on Prime from today. 3 next week and the final 2 the week after. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I stumbled across an old BBC sitcom the other night, ever decreasing circles with Richard Briers and Penelope Wilton and I tell you what, it stands up still now. I know good comedy and TV stands the test of time but this was really good. No wonder Ricky Gervais reunited them in afterlife 

Auf Weidersein has been getting rerun on gold and that stands up too. 

Meanwhile I'm in awe of Better Call Saul and Bob Odenkirk, truly he is a master of his craft 

• Options
    Carter said:
    I stumbled across an old BBC sitcom the other night, ever decreasing circles with Richard Briers and Penelope Wilton and I tell you what, it stands up still now. I know good comedy and TV stands the test of time but this was really good. No wonder Ricky Gervais reunited them in afterlife 

Meanwhile I'm in awe of Better Call Saul and Bob Odenkirk, truly he is a master of his craft 

It was Peter Egan in Afterlife. 

Richard Briars has passed away by the time that series was made.

• Options
    Carter said:

Both Egan and Briars were in EDC Fanny.

Briars was the hapless husband and Egan was the eligible bachelor from next door.
  • Options
    Carter said:

I need to get on Better Call Saul, only binged Breaking bad the end of last year , early this year... Just finished stranger things and Vikings, going to watch Vahalla then i will probably start BCS, alot of seasons does put me off but at least i dont have to worry about finding something to watch.... 

I binged the 3 episodes of Arsenal all or nothing last night, decent enough and Arteta comes across as a great manager and love his team talks. Although on the flip side the soundtrack sounds like they are going for football factory in spots too but worth a watch, although i am bias as followed Arsenal since young too
  • Options
    Carter said:

Ever Decreasing Circles was much underrated and a particular favourite of me and Mrs. C. Great characters and Briars was brilliant. Who doesn’t know a Howard & Hilda.
  • Options
    Richard Briars worked at Johnson & Phillips in Charlton before he became an actor.
  • Options
    Carter said:

Both Egan and Briars were in EDC Fanny.

Briars was the hapless husband and Egan was the eligible bachelor from next door.
    Yes, I know.

My point is that RG reunited Penny Wilton and Peter Egan in Afterlife, not Richard Briars who was no longer with us when the latter series  was made. 
  • Options
    Are you sure? It was After life.

• Options
    The Sandman started tonight.
    Watched the first one.
     I like 👍🏼 
  • Options
    The Sandman started tonight.
    Watched the first one.
     I like 👍🏼 
    Been waiting for years for this to get on tv