Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Enjoyed the Newsreader. Saw another old sitcom recently on some channel, Outside Edge, still very funny.
  • Options
    The Sandman started tonight.
    Watched the first one.
     I like 👍🏼 
    Was told today that some of the scenes were shot at Scotney Castle, National Trust property, just up the road from us. 
  • Options
    Trainwreck Woodstock 99 was quite the eye opener
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Binged all six episodes of Black Bird yesterday.

Taron Egerton did a decent job again (Quite funny as he's basically becoming the go to guy if you want someone to portray you in a film, I mean one of his next roles is a biopic about Tetris lol!), albeit with a not bad American accent

Paul Walter Hauser though was outstanding, he's someone I've seen in Cobra Kai, and he's one of those actors who (I hate to say) is excellent at appearing a bit creepy - It took me about 10mins of watching him, to go: "Yup they've cast this guy perfectly"

Really sad viewing at times, its all about a Serial Killer in the States, who goes after 13-year old girls... The fifth episode is done really well to tug on the emotional strings, as its narrated in parts by the one girl he got convicted of killing. Of course its all script, rather than actual quotes her parents have remembered, but it does its job of hitting home.
  • Options
    Tokyo Vice. Bloody excellent tv series. 
  • Options
    new series of Bluey, as a parent over the summer holiday, this has been a godsend
  • Options
    Binged all six episodes of Black Bird yesterday.

Taron Egerton did a decent job again (Quite funny as he's basically becoming the go to guy if you want someone to portray you in a film, I mean one of his next roles is a biopic about Tetris lol!), albeit with a not bad American accent

Paul Walter Hauser though was outstanding, he's someone I've seen in Cobra Kai, and he's one of those actors who (I hate to say) is excellent at appearing a bit creepy - It took me about 10mins of watching him, to go: "Yup they've cast this guy perfectly"

Really sad viewing at times, its all about a Serial Killer in the States, who goes after 13-year old girls... The fifth episode is done really well to tug on the emotional strings, as its narrated in parts by the one girl he got convicted of killing. Of course its all script, rather than actual quotes her parents have remembered, but it does its job of hitting home.
    I finished it last week too and thought it was decent. I totally agree with you about the actor that plays the villain. His performance is so perfect. I remember him in the Richard Jewell film which stars Sam Rockwell and he was also great. Hopefully he'll get some recognition at the Emmys or the Golden Globes etc. for his part in Black Bird.
  • Options
    Have watched the first six episodes of The Sandman, excellent story-telling and great production. I've read most of Neil Gaiman's stuff but not The Sandman, so it's all new to me; really enjoying it!
  • Options
    Been watching Brittas Empire, brilliant stuff.
  • Options
    Have Colin's fungal feet cleared up yet?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have Colin's fungal feet cleared up yet?
    No. But neither has the rest of his postulated body.
  • Options
    It would be helpful if people noted what platform the shows are on when posting instead of me having to use Just Watch app to find out! 
  • Options
    Wilma said:
    It would be helpful if people noted what platform the shows are on when posting instead of me having to use Just Watch app to find out! 
    Agreed i often will put platform on my posts
  • Options
    Just finished Deadwind on Netflicks.  Very well done and the gorgeous female lead looked like a Dutch girlfriend I had in the '80s.
    Resurrection of an old post here, but I just found this - and my god the lead is gorgeous. Like a cross between Noomi Rapace and Anna Friel. The male lead is a great character, and the show is really good too - though Finnish seems absolutely impenetrable, must be an absolute bastard to learn that language. 
  • Options
    2 episodes down of Black Bird. Really good. The bloke who plays the killer is insanely talented.
  • Options
    bit late but we are 3 episodes into 13 reasons why. Quite like it but not sure how it would go on for four series. Worth ploughing through? 
  • Options
    Don’t feel like I’ve watched much funny on TV lately but could do with some light relief.

Any good comedy series over the last few years you’d recommend investing in? 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    bit late but we are 3 episodes into 13 reasons why. Quite like it but not sure how it would go on for four series. Worth ploughing through? 
    Really enjoyed the first series. Second was okay, gave up mid way through the third
  • Options
    Don’t feel like I’ve watched much funny on TV lately but could do with some light relief.

Don't know if you watched it first time round (knowing you,probably not!) But one foot in the grave is hilarious.
    Watched one the other night and forgot how good it was.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

IT Crowd and The Inbetweeners if you've not seen already (obviously about 10 years old now).
  • Options
    edited August 2022

Neither traditional sitcoms, and I don't know anyone else who watches them tbh, but I've really enjoyed both The Marvelous Mrs Maisal and Upload.

I probably wouldn't have chosen it to start with, it was Mrs BA's choice, but Mrs M looks amazing...as does Rachel Brosnahan too...and the production values are right up there with a movie. Set in late 50's New York about a young mum trying to make it as a stand up. Really good ensemble cast of characters. If you like sassy, sarcastic knockabout stuff like Frasier, Curb, Seinfeld etc. you may like it too.

Upload is set in the nearish future where, if you're rich enough, on your death you can upload yourself into an AI world in a luxury country hotel. Difficult to explain really. King of the Hills' Mike Judge is behind it. 

Both quite sweary, both need a couple of episodes to get into maybe. 
  • Options

Brooklyn 99 gets my vote!
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Been watching Coupling on UK Gold I think. 

Can’t believe over 20 years old
  • Options

Neither traditional sitcoms, and I don't know anyone else who watches them tbh, but I've really enjoyed both The Marvelous Mrs Maisal and Upload.

I probably wouldn't have chosen it to start with, it was Mrs BA's choice, but Mrs M looks amazing...as does Rachel Brosnahan too...and the production values are right up there with a movie. Set in late 50's New York about a young mum trying to make it as a stand up. Really good ensemble cast of characters. If you like sassy, sarcastic knockabout stuff like Frasier, Curb, Seinfeld etc. you may like it too.

Upload is set in the nearish future where, if you're rich enough, on your death you can upload yourself into an AI world in a luxury country hotel. Difficult to explain really. King of the Hills' Mike Judge is behind it. 

Both quite swear, both need a couple of episodes to get into maybe. 
    I love Mrs M too. Surprised it's not bigger.

• Options

Hapless on Netflix is enjoyable mate. Not new but I only came across it yesterday 

• Options
    I hope 'Marriage' gets better, it was very slow.
  • Options
    Carter said:

Uncle, truly, truly funny and with a lovely sentiment running through it 

White gold, written by the guys who made the inbetweeners. Very funny 

I think we have talked about car share before so ignore that assuming you've seen it, but anyone else. Watch 

The US version of the office is a work of art, at least one belly laugh in each episode. Hits its stride around the second series. 

The thick of it. I remember nearly being sick laughing at this when it was first aired 

Man like Mobeen, this is excellent. Guz Khan is a sharp guy and gets the world. Worth watching for uncle shady alone 

Ladhood, Liam Williams wrote this and appears in it. About growing up in Leeds in the early 2000s and how his early life relates to the now 

King Gary, first series is properly funny, Tom Davies goes a bit too far of a caricature in the second series but that can be excused as it was all done peak pandemic. Simon Day is awesome in it as is Romesh Ranganathan

The fishing programme with Bob Mortimer and Paul Whitehouse is amusing but you need to stick with that 

People just do nothing, class. Really well observed. 

The detectorists. Well written, performed, proper heavyweight cast. Some really good understated jokes in there 

Once again, I reckon we were separated at birth. Can't disagree with any of those.

Also - Motherland. Absolutely loved that - though the Christmas special wasn't as good as I hoped it would be.
  • Options
    You know what, I was going to revisit and add motherland, agree about the Christmas special too. Diane Morgan not only looks like she could ride you so hard you won't walk without a limp for a fortnight she gets the best lines in that