Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Anyone else really enjoy the first 5 episodes if Stranger Things and then be not that impressed with the last 2?

Didn't like that Vecna was behind the Mind Flayer, prefer the upside down lore as it was and then Vecna also got banished there by Eleven by accident etc.

And them all just not being that arsed where Vecna was (for 2 whole days!) after he disappeared when he crashed through a window was daft.

• Options
    The Undeclared War on Channel 4/All 4 is very timely. Gripping and frightening.
  • Options
    Anyone watch Hacks on Prime? Really funny show.
  • Options
    I too have finished Stranger Things and to be honest i'm a bit in the middle about it all, plus the Duffer brothers. I do applaud them for pulling me in and getting me gripped, but trying to work out if it's all the 80's nostalgia or clever writing which really did it. There are so many nods to other films/shows, and overall love them plus the acting is superb, but where is the line between original story telling and pure plagiarism! Don't know how to use the spoiler bit, but for me the Harry Potter type nod was a step too far and was a "meh" moment.

Already been called grumpy by my partner, and I did really enjoy it, but is it original or a tweak on a theme?! (tin hat alert).
  • Options
    And above is too vague to be a spoiler, trust me!
  • Options
    I too have finished Stranger Things and to be honest i'm a bit in the middle about it all, plus the Duffer brothers. I do applaud them for pulling me in and getting me gripped, but trying to work out if it's all the 80's nostalgia or clever writing which really did it. There are so many nods to other films/shows, and overall love them plus the acting is superb, but where is the line between original story telling and pure plagiarism! Don't know how to use the spoiler bit, but for me the Harry Potter type nod was a step too far and was a "meh" moment.

Already been called grumpy by my partner, and I did really enjoy it, but is it original or a tweak on a theme?! (tin hat alert).
    Can't think which bit this would have been?
  • Options

As I’ve never watched a Potter movie all the way through (bore me rigid) or read a book I don’t know of the nod you speak of.
    I believe that nods to other shows are to be applauded and are very clever.
    Stephen King has been chuffed at the use of some of his work & as a consequence has had a younger audience dip into his back catalogue which may not have happened without it 🤷‍♀️

I suppose unless someone from those other shows gets the hump, we’ll never know.
  • Options
    same as KBLittlesis - no idea what is being referred to. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just wish there was a stranger things thread so I don't have to read about it on this one. Done it to death surely. Please 🙏
  • Options
    Just wish there was a stranger things thread so I don't have to read about it on this one. Done it to death surely. Please 🙏
    Yep same, i haven't started series 4 yet as trying to get through vikings, anytime i see it mentioned have to skip just incase
  • Options
    The thing about Stranger Things………..;)

Isn't it typical if all threads on this forum?
  • Options
    Yep same, i haven't started series 4 yet as trying to get through vikings, anytime i see it mentioned have to skip just incase
    Tbf I was playing catch-up & even though I read this threat, it didn’t spoil it at all.

As for having a different thread? Behave, there’s lots of shows repeatedly talked about on here I have absolutely no interest in.
    Just scroll on by for heavens sake 🙄
    to be fair, i don't care enough but also can see it too. I have seen alot of spoilers on here before, hence why the minute i see ST post i just skip it. 
  • Options
    Tbf I was playing catch-up & even though I read this threat, it didn’t spoil it at all.

As for having a different thread? Behave, there’s lots of shows repeatedly talked about on here I have absolutely no interest in.
    Just scroll on by for heavens sake 🙄
    to be fair, i don't care enough but also can see it too. I have seen alot of spoilers on here before, hence why the minute i see ST post i just skip it. 
    Fair dos.
    Just goes to show, some posts I don’t read/take in properly 😜
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Just finished The Pentaverate. Very hit and miss - some real belly laughs and a lot of meh... But, Mike Myers is brilliant as always in character (I should say characters), and the moral of the story is spot on. No pandering to the noisy minority, just be nice to people and the earth. If it were on the BBC Priti Patel would be all for banning it...  
  • Options
    Just started 'Black Bird on Apple, well worth a watch. 
  • Options
    'The Pact' was pretty decent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Better Call Saul being released weekly again after the mid-season break - first episode is out now and it is a corker!
    Agreed, really enjoyable episode. Going to be an interesting last few episodes. 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Anyone watching The Boys on Amazon Prime? 
    It’s a twisted superheroes drama, with a cockney character (Aussie actor, terrible accent) called Butcher who sets out to take the dodgy heroes down. 
    Turns out he’s a Charlton fan. 

• Options
    Just struggled through 30 minutes of The Control Room on BBC, as Catherine Tate would say “what a load of old shit”
  • Options
    Just struggled through 30 minutes of The Control Room on BBC, as Catherine Tate would say “what a load of old shit”
    Utter garbage. Gave up around then too. 
  • Options
    Anyone watching Witness Number 3 on Channel Five ?
  • Options
    Glad it wasn’t just me. Utter toilet. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Anyone watching The Boys on Amazon Prime? 
    It’s a twisted superheroes drama, with a cockney character (Aussie actor, terrible accent) called Butcher who sets out to take the dodgy heroes down. 
    Turns out he’s a Charlton fan. 

Butcher and Homelander are actually Kiwis 😊
  • Options
    Started 'For All Mankind' recently. Set in a parallel universe where the Russians win the race to the moon. It sees America playing catch-up and everything that entails.

Recommended.
  • Options
    Just started Big Boys on C4. Easy enough watch if you want a 20 minute comedy.
  • Options
    Here's a decent heads up for everyone. A little gem in the Fanackapans' opinion.

New series, Aussie, started last night on BBC 2 at 9pm entitled The Newsreader. Double episodes to whet the appetite ....

Watched those & then followed up by downloading the following 4 of the first series from iPlayer.

Seriously good - great acting, something different but fairly easy watching and totally enjoyable. 

Next series apparently being produced as we speak. 

Can't wait.