Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    If you gents liked Motherland, have you watched Breeders?
  • Options
    I hope 'Marriage' gets better, it was very slow.
    Could always get a divorce ......
  • Options
    Carter said:
    You know what, I was going to revisit and add motherland, agree about the Christmas special too. Diane Morgan not only looks like she could ride you so hard you won't walk without a limp for a fortnight she gets the best lines in that 
    I know a few people up here who know her. She's from Farnworth (same as Peter Kay) and went to school with a couple of the blokes I ride with regularly. Suffice it to say, she's not doing much in the way of acting in Motherland... 😁
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    If you gents liked Motherland, have you watched Breeders?
    Been on my watch list for a while, that. I'll guve it a go this week while my girlfriend abandons me to do some stupid triathlon abroad 🙄
  • Options
    Ha!

I'll never believe a word people say about her from now on! Heard she was 'proper Farnworth'. Mouthy, funny and a piss artist. I'm sure one of the blokes even went to school with her.
  • Options
    Also - your brother looks like Jon Hamm
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    bit late but we are 3 episodes into 13 reasons why. Quite like it but not sure how it would go on for four series. Worth ploughing through? 
    Think first 2 were good then it tails off in my opinion, really enjoyed the first 2 though
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    bit late but we are 3 episodes into 13 reasons why. Quite like it but not sure how it would go on for four series. Worth ploughing through? 
    Think first 2 were good then it tails off in my opinion, really enjoyed the first 2 though
    Yea they had to really start stretching the premise to make it work after the first 2. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BertieB said:
    Still Game is one of the funniest shows where hardly anyone I talk to seems to have heard of it. It's on Netflix
    It helps being Scottish. Some of the humour/patter in the excellent Still Game might go over the heads of English viewers. Great stuff though, especially the earlier series. 
  • Options
    BertieB said:
    Still Game is one of the funniest shows where hardly anyone I talk to seems to have heard of it. It's on Netflix
    I stumbled on it years ago and then again after the long break they had. You’re right, not many people seem to know about it.
    One of the best comedy  series of recent years.
    Another Scottish comedy series, Two Doors Down, is also worth a watch.
  • Options
    That’s him, not his brother I think you will find.
  • Options
    That’s him, not his brother I think you will find.
    Fucking hell! 
  • Options
    The Arsenal all or nothing, anyone watched? Is there much swearing in it? 

Want to watch with a 12yr old and having thought the F1 one would be good to watch together, was surprised with how much swearing 
  • Options

Want to watch with a 12yr old and having thought the F1 one would be good to watch together, was surprised with how much swearing 
    Very good but arteta uses the f word a lot in his pre match talks. 
  • Options

Only a bit in the team talks, but Arteta talks very fast with a thick accent, so could probably get away with it.

I really enjoyed the 6 episodes so far, everyone apart from Auba comes across well, even Xhaka.
  • Options
    Marriage was awful! Wife hated it as well.
  • Options
    Anyone watching Sandman? Wondering whether to give it a go.
  • Options
    TrainWreck.  Documentary about Woodstock 99 on Netflix. 

Shocking stuff 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don’t feel like I’ve watched much funny on TV lately but could do with some light relief.

Any good comedy series over the last few years you’d recommend investing in? 
    Ghosts, the Uk version better than the Canadian version but both funny.
  • Options
    We watched Marriage with subtitles as it was the only way we could understand what was being said. 
  • Options

I wouldn't say its excessive, although it does come in alot from players or Arteta. I know it sounds like a contradiction but its the odd one really

Really recommend it , slight bias as i like Arsenal but also makes you realise Arteta is a lot better manager than he was given credit, very clever and his talks are brilliant. I've watched all 6 so far
  • Options
    Marriage was awful! Wife hated it as well.
    Divorce next step i assume? :wink:
  • Options
    Finished it last night.
    I enjoyed it but it’s like anything of that genre, it’s no way near as good as the book.
    Some great cameos, a little dark but all in all a decent watch.

I’ll watch the next series for sure.
  • Options
    The first couple of series of Breeders were good. It tailed off a bit once kids in it started getting older.

Detectorists is one of my all time favourite comedies. Love it. Mackenzie Crook has hinted recently that he may bring it back for a couple of feature length episodes.

Couple of guilty pleasures. Code 404 on Sky makes me laugh. Daniel Mays and Stephen Graham work really well togetherm.

Upstart Crow is the other. Not my usual sort of thing, but I really like it. Shakespeare's rants about public transport in every episode make me laugh.

Currently been downloading the new series of What We Do In The Shadows as it's only out in the US at the minute. Love this show and it has the added bonus of Natasha Demetriou playing a sex crazed vampire. Matt Berry and Kayan Novak are also very funny in it.

Also another +1 for Mortimer and Whitehouse Go Fishing. Love it. Tried to get tickets for the live show a while back but it sold out really quickly and they didn't do a London date.
  • Options
    Hacks is an easy watch.
  • Options
    Finished it last night.
    I enjoyed it but it’s like anything of that genre, it’s no way near as good as the book.
    Some great cameos, a little dark but all in all a decent watch.

I’ll watch the next series for sure.

If you are a Neil Gaiman fan and it ever comes back, would highly recommend the stage version of Ocean at the end of the lane. Saw it last year and it was absolutely amazing. Superb representation of the book.