Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    ReaValleyGary said:
    Watched the first two episodes of Welcome to Wrexham. Really well done and looks like it’s gonna be a good series.
    Really enjoyed it! Thought both Rob and Ryan came across really well in it too, and didn't make the show all about them as well which is good to see.
    Thought it was really well done - brought home some of the reality of NL.
  • Options
    ReaValleyGary said:
    Watched the first two episodes of Welcome to Wrexham. Really well done and looks like it’s gonna be a good series.
    Really enjoyed it! Thought both Rob and Ryan came across really well in it too, and didn't make the show all about them as well which is good to see.
    Thought it was really well done - brought home some of the reality of NL.
    I always forget it's only one up and then 1 of 6 for the playoffs, does make it a really tough job compared to 2 or 3 up and then a 1 in 4 chance in the playoffs.

I get why, protecting as many League clubs from dropping out of the league and the financial implications etc, but it seems harsh that it's 2 up, 2 down not 3.

Especially when, as they say, the NL is the lowest professional league yet still sends 3 sides down to semi pro every year, there's not the same protection offered to league 2 clubs.
  • Options
    Wilma said:
    Thank you to people posting what platform the shows are on, very much appreciated. 

A new series of Brassic starts on Sky soon so I'm rewatching the previous to refresh my memory. This show makes me cry with laughter! 
    Going to do the same. Love Brassic. All great characters
  • Options
    Anyone seen "six feet under" if so any good .. I know its old 
  • Options
    FInally finished Better Call Saul.  Decided to start from the beginning again before watching the final series as I'd forgotten a lot of the subtleties.  Consistently good right through the entire run and a satisfactory ending that tied up all the loose ends without being outrageously unbelievable.  In the phenomenally unlikely event that you haven't seen Breaking Bad, watch it first.  Despite the fact that BCS is a prequel, there are a load of BB spoilers.  I actually think that BCS is the strongest of the three trilogy elements (El Camino) being the third.  But all three are compelling viewing.
  • Options
    Been enjoying The Sandman although some of the acting is a bit ropey, and The Capture. 
  • Options
    Billyboy said:
    First series is excellent then it tailed off quite sharply. 
  • Options
    Billyboy said:
    Very good, i reccomend.
  • Options
    Chaz Hill said:
    The Suspect. ITV series that started last night looks worth watching. A promising first episode.
    The subjects touched upon are dark and sinister but the treatment is simplistic and lightweight, isn't it?
    Accidental hero?  Tortured by life changing diagnosis.  Strings of 'coincidences': presence at cemetery, former patient/accuser/would be employee, current patient's multiple personalities and numerical obsession?  Jaded homicide copper plus inciteful novice colleague.  Nobody considering the glaring conflict of interest?

It will go one of 2 ways, either:  beardy is madder than Maddy McMadbastard who will be caught in the act of trying to off one of the coppers who stumbles across him being mad and murderous all over again basically repeating one of his earlier atrocities
    Or
    Beardy is the unluckiest fella in the history of medicine with all the apparent links to all the nastiness indeed just totally out there coincidences and the perp doesn't even feature until the end of the penultimate episode, the finalé will feature much chasing about, shouting and probably the novice detective being an inch from a very grizzly end
    My money's on the ginger quack/old university friend who told him he's got parkinsons, he's the wrong'un, that actor always plays a rotter.
  • Options
    Billyboy said:
    This ^ in a nutshell ^
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    meldrew66 said:
    Just Googled Stefan Golaszewski *(the writer and director of 'Marriage') and whilst I was right saying that he must be young and not having 'lived' a long marriage, I'm surprised to see that he also wrote the 3 series of 'Mum' which I only stumbled across fairly recently and, actually, really enjoyed. It's all very odd and, like this script, highly inconsistent.
    Also enjoyed 'Mum'.
  • Options
    We lasted 20 minutes  of “marriage”. Despite it being two of our favourite actors it just seemed to be meandering with no particular purpose. Ironically, I suppose in a sense that was the point but it made for pretty tedious viewing. 
  • Options
    Two new ITV series this week starring TV's two favourite Irishmen.. Ridley (aka the Singing Detective)...Adrian Dunbar is fine and thought the acting was good. Not bad.

The other is The Suspect starring Aidan (Poldark) Turner is intriguing. Very promising first episode. Is the handsome one hero or villain?
  • Options
    Got 30 minutes through Ridley and gave up on it. 

Not started The Suspect yet 
  • Options
    Hadn't seen The Thick of It but thought I'd give it a go after recommendations on here. Watched it all over last 2 days. Absolutely brilliant. Just wanted more after the last episode.
    Anyone for c*nt cake?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Got 30 minutes through Ridley and gave up on it. 

Not started The Suspect yet 
    I thought both were good. 
  • Options
    Recently watched an old 2005-7 BBC series called Bodies, about a hospital gynaecology unit starring Max Beasley.

Don't know how I missed it first time around but it is really excellent and anyone who similarly missed it I recommend they give it a go.

I have to say it is extremely graphic. I certainly saw more fanny's then I had in my lifetime! 
  • Options
    Billyboy said:
    Watched it when it came out (long time ago) but remember it being consistently good throughout.
  • Options
    Hadn't seen The Thick of It but thought I'd give it a go after recommendations on here. Watched it all over last 2 days. Absolutely brilliant. Just wanted more after the last episode.
    You could try watching Veep. It's written by the same guy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You could try watching Veep. It's written by the same guy.
    Will do, thanks.
  • Options
    Next two parts of the Wrexham documentary available - nice to see Parky featured.
  • Options
    Next two parts of the Wrexham documentary available - nice to see Parky featured.
    Yeah just watched them both, my only complaint so far is that the episodes feel a bit too short (Ep4 is only 20mins long) - It was a decent interview with Paul Mullin though, who talked about only wanting to be with his family, and would have rejected a 60k per week move to China.

How true that is, again is it for the Documentary, its difficult to say, but could argue that's a very similar position that Alex Gilbey could be in, and is why he didnt want to go to Lincoln.
  • Options
    Yeah just watched them both, my only complaint so far is that the episodes feel a bit too short (Ep4 is only 20mins long) - It was a decent interview with Paul Mullin though, who talked about only wanting to be with his family, and would have rejected a 60k per week move to China.

How true that is, again is it for the Documentary, its difficult to say, but could argue that's a very similar position that Alex Gilbey could be in, and is why he didnt want to go to Lincoln.
    The other players seemed a bit jealous of his wages - probably a big gap at NL level.

Would be nice as you say if the episodes were a bit longer.
  • Options

The other players seemed a bit jealous of his wages - probably a big gap at NL level.

Would be nice as you say if the episodes were a bit longer.
    I found that scene pretty awkward - made it feel like the squad wasn't as 'together' as you'd hope, and there was obviously some jealousy going on. If they're like that in front of the camera what would they say away from a camera? Might explain the relatively poor results at the start of the season too
  • Options
    Anyone else ploughing through 'Echoes' on Netflix? It came with good reviews but I'm more than half way in and not that impressed. Clever concept badly executed IMHO. Feel like I need to see it through now.
  • Options
    The Rings of Power

Not a big Lord of the rings fan myself, but I have to say this series has started quite well.  I found the films very dark and a bit monotonous if I'm honest. 

Anyway apart from the Hobbits being more Leprechaun like and headed by an unconvincing Lenny Henry, the rest I actually enjoyed. Let's see how it goes after a few more episodes. 

It's on Paramount btw. 
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    Anyone else ploughing through 'Echoes' on Netflix? It came with good reviews but I'm more than half way in and not that impressed. Clever concept badly executed IMHO. Feel like I need to see it through now.
    I like Michelle Monaghan immensely but I've given up on Echoes. Not very well directed and I'm not a fan of monologue based stories so it's a big fat No from me. 
  • Options
    TEL said:
    The Rings of Power

Not a big Lord of the rings fan myself, but I have to say this series has started quite well.  I found the films very dark and a bit monotonous if I'm honest. 

Anyway apart from the Hobbits being more Leprechaun like and headed by an unconvincing Lenny Henry, the rest I actually enjoyed. Let's see how it goes after a few more episodes. 

It's on Paramount btw. 
    Really? I'm buggered if I can see it and I refuse to give more money to those robbing cnts at Amazon.
  • Options

Yet dropped down to National League from League 1? Not having that personally.