Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    watched the first two episodes of series 2 of the Capture on BBC1 last night
    Thought was pretty decent
    I watched the 3rd tonight. I think it's excellent.
    I'd recommend it to anyone that like cops/spies etc
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Is there a need to watch series 1? Is it good?  I've seen the adverts for S2 and the story looks interesting from what the adverts have shown but I don't know if I can be bothered to watch the first season first haha
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Is there a need to watch series 1? Is it good?  I've seen the adverts for S2 and the story looks interesting from what the adverts have shown but I don't know if I can be bothered to watch the first season first haha
    Think they're pretty independent of rach other. Haven't started S2 yet but enjoyed S1.
  • Options
    Hadn't seen The Thick of It but thought I'd give it a go after recommendations on here. Watched it all over last 2 days. Absolutely brilliant. Just wanted more after the last episode.
    where is it on?
  • Options
    The Thick of It is currently on BritBox 
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Hadn't seen The Thick of It but thought I'd give it a go after recommendations on here. Watched it all over last 2 days. Absolutely brilliant. Just wanted more after the last episode.
    where is it on?

I use an IPTV service. Message Big Bad World for access.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    MrOneLung said:
    @LonelyNorthernAddick there is a link/crossover between series 1 & 2, so better to watch if you can be bothered as there is character profile and personal stuff which follow on from series 1..it is very good and quite involved though..👍
  • Options
    Peacock on iplayer is a good comedy if anyone needs a 30 min episode series
  • Options
    Thanks fellas for the info
  • Options
    Just started watching The Boys on Prime absolutely fantastic!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2022
    MrOneLung said:
    There isn't a need to watch S1 because they do a brief recap at the start of S2.
    However S1 was also good/very good so time permitting I'd watch it.
    If you haven't the time, then the recap at start of S2 will suffice.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Has anybody watched Midnight Mass on netflix? Same cast as the Haunting of Hill House/Bly Manor, but different writers.

I've only watched one episode but it was a pretty good start.
    Watched this last year - enjoyed it. Hard to talk about much without giving away spoilers. Thought the acting was very good at times 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Has anyone seen The Patient? It’s started really well, stars Steve Carell, only criticism are that the episodes are really short... Just over 20 mins. They need to be longer imo. (It’s on FX)
  • Options
    Next two parts of 'Welcome to Wrexham' available to watch - really enjoying this ...
  • Options
    jams said:
    Croydon said:
    Has anybody watched Midnight Mass on netflix? Same cast as the Haunting of Hill House/Bly Manor, but different writers.

I've only watched one episode but it was a pretty good start.
    Watched this last year - enjoyed it. Hard to talk about much without giving away spoilers. Thought the acting was very good at times 
    I've got 3 left now I think. Agree about the acting, The priest is great
  • Options
    TEL said:
    JWADDICK said:
    TEL said:
    The Rings of Power

Not a big Lord of the rings fan myself, but I have to say this series has started quite well.  I found the films very dark and a bit monotonous if I'm honest. 

Anyway apart from the Hobbits being more Leprechaun like and headed by an unconvincing Lenny Henry, the rest I actually enjoyed. Let's see how it goes after a few more episodes. 

It's on Paramount btw. 
    Really? I'm buggered if I can see it and I refuse to give more money to those robbing cnts at Amazon.
    It's on Paramount...*****my mistake, my Prime and Paramount are merged so, my aplologies it's actually on Prime.*****

im subscribed to both Prime and Paramount

However, it might be delayed broadcast in the UK. 

Fiiiiish. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    I knew nothing about this when I saw episode one, went to iPlayer to watch episode two and I noticed there was a whole first series. Thoroughly enjoyed that and now very much liking series two. 
  • Options
    Enjoying Bad Sisters as I like anything Sharon Horgan does and the scenery is pretty good!  Plus i am enjoying watching Daryl McCormack as I have an interest in watching stuff he is in (bar Peaky blinders) as he's related to my cousins in Tipperary on the other side of their family. 

I think he's going to be a fairly big star... not quite got round to watching him in bed with Emma Thompson yet. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    I knew nothing about this when I saw episode one, went to iPlayer to watch episode two and I noticed there was a whole first series. Thoroughly enjoyed that and now very much liking series two. 
    I think it definitely helps to have watched the first series 

• Options
    Binged series 4 of Brassic on Sky yesterday and this morning. As good as ever and set up nicely for season 5 which is currently being filmed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    Chaz Hill said:
    The Suspect. ITV series that started last night looks worth watching. A promising first episode.
    The subjects touched upon are dark and sinister but the treatment is simplistic and lightweight, isn't it?
    Accidental hero?  Tortured by life changing diagnosis.  Strings of 'coincidences': presence at cemetery, former patient/accuser/would be employee, current patient's multiple personalities and numerical obsession?  Jaded homicide copper plus inciteful novice colleague.  Nobody considering the glaring conflict of interest?

It will go one of 2 ways, either:  beardy is madder than Maddy McMadbastard who will be caught in the act of trying to off one of the coppers who stumbles across him being mad and murderous all over again basically repeating one of his earlier atrocities
    Or
    Beardy is the unluckiest fella in the history of medicine with all the apparent links to all the nastiness indeed just totally out there coincidences and the perp doesn't even feature until the end of the penultimate episode, the finalé will feature much chasing about, shouting and probably the novice detective being an inch from a very grizzly end
    My money's on the ginger quack/old university friend who told him he's got parkinsons, he's the wrong'un, that actor always plays a rotter.
    After Ep 2 I'm favouring the ludicrous string of coincidences and the vengeful ginger rotter, plus the plumber's after his Mrs and ripping them off big time.
  • Options
    South of the River docu series on footballers from South London - interesting watch. Some tough stories - now on Netflix 

Features a few ex- Charlton.
  • Options
    Watching the latest two episodes of Welcome to Wrexham - Ep6 is a fascinating insight so far into how owners in 2004 basically purchased the club with the idea of property development rather than caring about the club.

Club / Stadium got separated with the aim to turn it into profit - Whilst investment was slowly taken out over a period.

The main man in background, a solicitor from Chester ended up getting taken of the legal register... All sounds scarily familiar. 
  • Options
    Mortimer and Whitehouse Gone Fishing starts on BBC2 tomorrow.

Sunday sees a new Frozen Planet on BBC1 and then Simon Reeve series in South America on BBC2 straight after.

Then later this month a new series of Ghosts starts on BBC1.

Might cancel Netflix at this rate! 
  • Options
    Started a new binge last night, How I met your Father (Disney Plus) 

I loved the original HIMYM, early thoughts this one is good although hopefully they are not trying to follow it too much. Hilary Duff as the lead is brilliant and the rest of the cast i do like so far. There are alot of similarities between a couple of the cast and the old one. 

Worth a watch.
  • Options
    think it has been on there a while but just binged Anatomy of a Scandal on Netflix
    thought it was all right

• Options
    I watched Power of the Ring on Amazon late last night. Didn’t say anything about Paramount to me? 

Found the first episode really engaging and the landscapes and filming were cinematic quality. Will watch Ep 2 later. 
    Thought Episode 2 was really good. The dwarves’ series entry and pace/threat picking up were really positive. Who on Earth came down from the skies, Sauron, Saruman, Gandalf? Or a new character…?
    Billed as "the stranger"
  • Options
    Late to the party but binge watched all 3 series of Ladhood. Some real lol moments in there. If you liked the Inbetweeners then this is for you.

Also based on a recommendation on here watched Motherhood. That was ok too tbf.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Half way through KLEO on netflix. 80's/early 90's retro spy revenge thing. German dubbed, really enjoying it, right balance of serious stuff and comedic inserts!