Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Not a new series at all but Our Friends in the North is being rerun on BBC4, forgot just how good it was. What a cast!
    Haven't seen it before but very Tempted.to take a look - as you say, the cast is brilliant.  Amazing to think what they've all done since between the 4 of them.
  • Options
    Not a new series at all but Our Friends in the North is being rerun on BBC4, forgot just how good it was. What a cast!
    great watch - got the boxset some time back and really enjoyed it
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Next two episodes of Wrexham doc - Parky has his swearing in full flow ...
  • Options
    Apart from the first of the latest episodes, which was a load of shite

That was a damned weird episode, quite good with the "Sports Centre" segment, but I think they were a bit drunk on Aviation Gin when they thought of it. 
  • Options
    Cobra Kai (Netflix)

I love this show, yet for some reason just wasn't as excited for Season Five as I had been with previous years - Perhaps it was because the show usually gets released around Christmas / New Year, so is a great way to binge at the start of a year.

Finally got round to binge watching it today - Loved how it focused a bit more on the legacy characters this time around, more so than the kids... Honestly didnt see the end happening the way it did, but bring on Season Six
  • Options
    Thanks to whoever recommended Severance, it's one of the best I've seen. Eagerly awaiting the second series. 
  • Options
    Just binge watched Pistol on Star TV (it's on the Disney+ package). Really good series. Only 5 or 6 episodes charting the time and fall of the Sex Pistols. Well worth a look if you remember the late seventies and the arrival of Punk Rock.
  • Options
    TEL said:
    TEL said:
    Anyone watched The Time Travellers Wife. Thinking of giving it a go now there's no footie on.
    Brilliant film. Watched it many times 
    There's a series too.
    Who's showing it mate?
    Sorry only just seen this. Amazon Prime.
  • Options
    Just binge watched Pistol on Star TV (it's on the Disney+ package). Really good series. Only 5 or 6 episodes charting the time and fall of the Sex Pistols. Well worth a look if you remember the late seventies and the arrival of Punk Rock.
    I thought it was awful . Danny Boyle seems to have lost his mojo in recent years and this just backed it up for me. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have just binge watched all 4 seasons of Brasic and loved every single episode 
  • Options

That was a damned weird episode, quite good with the "Sports Centre" segment, but I think they were a bit drunk on Aviation Gin when they thought of it. 
    Yeah. Love the series but episode 7 was weird 
  • Options
    Michael Palin in Iraq .. C5, three parter, looks interesting
  • Options
    edited September 2022

Watched 5 minutes of episode 7. Self indulgent crap.

• Options
    edited September 2022
    High Score on Netflix, series about the history of computer games form space invaders up to (so far) the battle between sega and nintendo and beyond. Really enjoying it.

EDIT: typically, for me, this is a couple of years old! But if anyone missed it...
  • Options
    New star wars show out today - Andor. 3 episodes dropped today so looking forward to getting stuck in to that, the trailers have looked really good and glad its a fresh character too.
  • Options
    New star wars show out today - Andor. 3 episodes dropped today so looking forward to getting stuck in to that, the trailers have looked really good and glad its a fresh character too.
    It starts REALLY slowly, the first two episodes in particular are just setting up and take a while. Episode 3 is where it all kicks off, so if you are going to watch it I'd strongly recommend watching all three in one viewing.
  • Options
    I thought it was awful . Danny Boyle seems to have lost his mojo in recent years and this just backed it up for me. 
    Same here mate, managed 3 episodes before giving up. Can forgive some timeline inaccuracies for dramatic purposes but I thought it was just shite all round.
  • Options
    Same here mate, managed 3 episodes before giving up. Can forgive some timeline inaccuracies for dramatic purposes but I thought it was just shite all round.
    Can't bring myself to watch it.
  • Options

I watched 2 minutes and skipped it. Episode 8 was great.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Enjoyed Crossfire apart from the last half hour. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Just finished the new Jeffrey Dahmer drama on Netflix.

Bleak as hell, but a pretty decent watch. Liked the way they jumped round using timelapse.

The BBC 4 Storyville Documentary - One Day In Ukraine is well worth a watch too. Filmed entirely by people "on the ground"

• Options
    The new ITV Sunday night detective Karen Pirie is worth a watch. Good story (from a book not a tick the box script) and for once, the flashbacks are well done and important to the plot.
  • Options
    Didn’t enjoy Pistol at all. Not helped by accurately and faithfully depicting Lydon and McLaren as annoying arseholes. And the sex and nudity scenes were totally gratuitous and insulting.

Really enjoying Bad Sisters on Apple + though.

• Options
    Enjoying Andor. Dark and moody for a Disney production, and much better than Obi Wan and Boba Fett. Diego Luna has to be one of the best actors about atm. 
  • Options
    Watching series 2 of The Capture. Enjoyed series 1
  • Options
    DAHMER.... on netflix and tense af
  • Options
    Crossfire.  What an absolute turkey.  Really.  Don't waste your time.
  • Options
    Crossfire.  What an absolute turkey.  Really.  Don't waste your time.
    More of a misfire 
  • Options
    The new ITV Sunday night detective Karen Pirie is worth a watch. Good story (from a book not a tick the box script) and for once, the flashbacks are well done and important to the plot.
    Just finished all 3 episodes via ITV Hub and thought it was really good. 

Well worth watching.